Shimano Stradic CI4

Shimano Stradic CI4

1Linrob

1LinrobSouth West, WA

My best Stradic

Although a mid range reel this reel for me is my best. Its light, smooth and responsive and has not failed. The drag is smooth and reliable and most of all consistent. |Never had a problem and highly recommended from a person that has 5 versions on the Stradic.Others who have used this reel are equally impressed and have converted.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
stevo67

stevo67sydney

Value for money

Fantastic reel perfect for bay fishing beam, flathead, even a few rat kings put the real to the test and great fun

Great value for money and a very capable reel

Would recommend to all who appreciate a quality reel a must have

Small problem with the bearings but customer service was fantastic they quickly fixed the issue with a week ready for our next fishing trip
Light weight and reliable
Bearing issue quickly fixed great customer service

GREAT REEL

I recently bought a stradic ci4+ 3000 and entered a competition only a few days afterwards. I caught everything from whiting on stick baits on the flats to long exiting battles with decent sized jewfish and flathead. this reel is very lightweight and comfortable in the hand, it casts far with minimal resistance and has a wonderfully unforgiving drag. I matched this reel with shimano's brand new "crank" rod it's great with this rod because it to is flexible and far casting but can really stick it to a large fish.
everything, very lightweight, funky and yet can really stick it to a good fish.
expensive but value for money.

Fishing Supplies

Find out how Shimano Stradic CI4 compares to other Fishing Supplies

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ci4 more than just looking good!

Carpo

Carpoasked

Hi guys,

I was just wondering...... when I hold onto hold the reel and spin the whole thing in a circular motion the handle will not continuously spin until I stop meaning there seems to be a bit of resistance within the gears. on my old one this would happen but only if it needed oil and when I would put some into the maintenance port it would free up and feel very smooth. (not to say the new one isn't smooth it just seems to have a lot more resistance compared to the old one).
Is this normal ie heavier duty or do you think there is something wrong with my brand new reel?

Cheers.

Slazmo

Most likely too much grease on the gears or inside the bearings from factory. No two reels are assembled te same way either.

John Pasked

Why have you made the handle shorter on the new CI4+ than the old CI4, I find the new reel much more cumbersome to retrieve than my old one?

Slazmo

Hey mate - they seem to be the same length in the 2500 series - not sure on others? I fish both reels and find my older one "better" to some degree than the new also? However for the facts of more bearings and 'technology' in the new FA reel... Hard to say whats what within regards to the new reels - however I am sticking with the older model for reasons I cant put into words.

John P

I am now in the market for the old CI41000 even if second hand, that's how much I am not happy with the CI4+