Shimano Symetre FL

Shimano Symetre FL

SY1000FL, SY2500FL, SY3000FL and SY4000FL

See the Best Fishing in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Once was good

Considering I only fished once a month, and I clean my reel with fresh warm tap warm after going to salt water, I was expecting more life out of this reel. It's just under one year old and the clicker stopped working, then it got really stiff and now it reel no longer slides up and down as you crack it, it just spins on the one position. Something in the gears is poor and now I need to buy a new reel. Thank Symetre and Shimano.

fisher480

fisher480

Not as good as the prior FJ series.

I recently purchased a 4000 FL and open and inspected it. Shimano have cheapened this reel. There is now a plastic bush on the main gear shaft. While I knew this before I purchased the reel and had the replacement bearing anyone thinking about buying these may as well go for the next reel up like a Saros or Stradic ( mine was on sale). I like Shimano stuff but their range of reels puzzles me as their are a lot of reels very similar with large price differences such as Stradic/Sustain/Saros/Elf/Technium. If you can find a FJ series get it over these otherwise buy the next up in the line up.
Smooth
Cheapened. Too expensive for the features. Only buy when on sale.

Slazmo