Shindaiwa 22T

• Safety
shankly82

shankly82Perth, WA

$15 at the local tip shop

Found a Shindaiwa 22t at my local tip shop in Perth going for $15. The motor was covered in dirt/oil but at that price, I thought why not? The bump feed head worked well and it was filled with good cord.

Took it home, wire brushed the spark plug, emptied a spray can of degreaser and blasted the carburetor with carby clean. I primed the fuel but she didn't wanna play, there was a hole in the bulb. A quick drive down to Bunnings and $3.99 later she was sucking up juice like my ex. First pull on choke, no go. Second pull on run and off she went.

Not bad for about an hour's work and it cost me $15+$3.99+$7(carb clean)+$1.99(degreaser)=$28

I've got a Honda GX25 bent shaft and now I've got a Shindaiwa straight shaft - Happy days!

Purchased in February 2021 for $28.00.

Hogrider

HogriderAU

Better than ever expected

Purchased in January 2006 at Rimrock Agencies.

D3s

D3sVincent

Shindaiwa 22t whipper snipper.

Purchased a shindaiwaiwa 22t line trimmer approx 14 yrs ago. Best damn thing I've ever purchased for the garden tool collection. Ever reliable, starts with ease, cuts hard, goes hard. On my second quick release head. Bit fiddly to feed line on but I've got 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, no problem. 1 x service. 1x spark arrestor pulled out of exhaust about 7 yrs ago. 3 x spark plugs and yes i bought it for a large suburban block but has done some heavy, long hours on bigger jobs and has been a tried and tested machine to be a true performer for me. Pay the extra, look after it. Well done SHINDAIWA for an excellent machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2004
Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Shindaiwa 22T compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

djc926

djc926South East Queensland, QLD

Possibly the best power tool I've ever used in my life

I've done extensive research before buying this. I bought this over Makita DUR181Z due to concerns that cordless trimmer may not have enough power and I don't regret it one bit. This is so easy to start, cuts through thick long grass like it's nothing. It's not overly heavy either so I didn't feel uncomfortable after using it for 2 hours straight.
Forget other cheap trimmers. This is the real deal and with 5 year warranty, you can't go wrong. The only criticism I can make is the instruction manual which is very lacking. It doesn't even explain how to replace the lines.

iduguid2

iduguid2Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very capabable line trimmer

Purchased in February 2014.

pablo_h

Ianasked

Fuel mix fit 5 litres of unleaded petroleum

Ozwelder
Ozwelder

What you have written is not a question but I'll take it as a question to ask about oil /fuel ratio.

If that is the question, the answer is 50:1
Normally a great unit,but it can suffer fuel troubles. Not a good idea to premix 5 litres of 2 stroke just for the trimmer alone..In my area the humidity gets to the fuel if stored too long.

The Shindaiwa tank is about .5 litre and the carby can be affected by silt in the fuel-It has be kept very clean.

Try fresh fuel and mix ups in 1 litre increments 20 cc. 2 stroke oil to 1 litre (1000cc) of unleaded fuel.

Grahame

Ian Baylis

Ian Baylisasked

Cannot get accelerator speed, stays on idle Unit has had very little use

CategoryPetrol Whipper Snippers