Shindaiwa DH230

BoofsaDog

BoofsaDogSydney, NSW

DH230 - Good Value

Use these at work.

It's a heavy duty machine that can handle some pretty tough work and at the same time it does a good job on diosma and pittosporum. It's on the heavy side and with it's 30" blades it's probably a little less manoeuvrable but you get extra reach and a larger cut. When I use a shorter trimmer I miss the cut length.

If I could afford this trimmer I'd buy one but I'd have to think about the blade length....24" or 30"?

yachty

yachtyAU

Dangerous but good

Have owned a DH230 for 18 months. It cuts like a dream, balance is good, starts reliably. However, the power head spun off while the cutters were oscillating and engine could not be shut off unless flooded with choke. Apparently, like Honda engines, if the earth cable disconnects, the on/off switch fails to work. Poor factory assembly and dangerous design, so beware!
easy start, excellent cutter bar, good balance
poor assembly and design