DH230, HT230
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Shindaiwa? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

yachtyAU

Dangerous but good

Have owned a DH230 for 18 months. It cuts like a dream, balance is good, starts reliably. However, the power head spun off while the cutters were oscillating and engine could not be shut off unless flooded with choke. Apparently, like Honda engines, if the earth cable disconnects, the on/off switch fails to work. Poor factory assembly and dangerous design, so beware!
    easy start, excellent cutter bar, good balance
    poor assembly and design

rick williamsasked
    DH230 / HT230

I have a shindaiwa hedge trimmer and i find the fumes from the exhaust unbearable. the petrol mixture is 50:1 , ive had it serviced but the smell is so strong it makes me feel sick. Has any one else had this problem ??

yachty

Quick answer is 'no,' however, depending on how I hold and use the hedge trimmer I can sometimes smell the fumes. Presumably the idle and richness of fuel is properly adjusted? I bought a relative another Shindaiwa product and it had no end of fuel/running problems initially until we leaned (hard) on the dealer to fix it or else, which they finally did, with no problems since. My former Tanaka hedge trimmer (shorter bar) had adjustment of the handle so the bar and path of exhaust could be directed in such a way as to completely avoid the fumes. To my recollection the Shindaiwa lacks such adjustment, although its bar and cutters are superior. I don't know if the 2-stroke oil brand makes any difference - possibly. I've always used Echo oil at 40:1 and haven't had any issues with multiple brands of equipment. Wish I had a simple solution to your problem, mate, as the exhaust fumes are not good.

rick williams

Thanks for your response, i did notice where the exhaust is and tried to make sure it was away from me .It did make a slight difference but not too much. my work clothes stunk by the end of the day. I also use a shindaiwa multi tool brushcutter , hedge trimmer, but have absolutely no problems. I put fresh petrol in. in case that made a difference but no. thanks anyway

Compare both Shindaiwa DH230 / HT230