Shindaiwa T270

Shindaiwa T270

So good I bought another one...

Today Im picking up my new t270, after my first one has given 7 years of service in tough, commercial business, and the only reason the first t270 is being retired is because I didnt really look after it properly. This thing is a beast, and for any whipper snipper to last that long when its doing 40 lawns a week is amazing.

Date PurchasedSep 2010
    Buster

Buster

Simply the Best

Date PurchasedJan 2014

StihlnothappyMelbourne

Excellent contractors Machine

I had a Stihl 85rs brushcutter that unfortunately continued to have problems with it. I replaced it with the Shindaiwa T270 what an awesome machine I have had it for about 2 & 1/2 years and it has had regular daily use . I have not had any major faults with it , just the odd carburetor cable to change or general service stuff. But overall I would recommend this machine to anyone who wants a brushcutter that can handle hard work.

Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Shindaiwa T270 compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Clayton orr

Clayton orrGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant, Powerful Runs like a rabid bull!

Just got my T270, been using Stihl FS85r for years commercially but the T270 walks all over the Stilh easier to hold, more grunt and starts 1st go. Unlike the new Stihl which may take 5 or 6 pulls. Slashing and snipping made easy. Well worth the $600 or so dollars
    Power, start, vibration control, price
    No lightning ⚡ on the sides

Christer

ChristerAU

Perfect for the tropics

I live in the tropics where weeds grown like sugar cane and get away from you in no time during the wet. The old 4 stroke Dolmar 0.6 kW whippersnipper was just not doing the job. The Shindaiwa comes with a 2.4 mm cord and a blade and both do OK but with a 2.7 mm cord, the machine goes through even the toughest grass, like guinea grass.
    The only issue I have had is that the "lid" at the bottom of the brushcutter head fell off once which led to the metal eyelet, through which the cord feeds, fell out and couldn't be found. The eyelets are not attached and this will happen easily.

andrew24806

andrew24806Victoria, 3777

It has never missed a beat

Olette T

Olette Tasked

where can i buy one like this?

brendan
    brendan

Bridge mowers or any shindaiwa reseller.

Marnicka

Marnickaasked

How much does it cost to replace the head and guard

Stihlnothappy

Hi Marnicka, Echo apparently took over Shindaiwa & stopped making the T270 a couple of years back , so I do not know whether they are still selling parts on these. It a real shame as they were a great machine.

dekeasked

Help, my trusty reliable hardworking shindaiwa has seized after running without oil!!!
    Is there any way to fix this minor problem?
    thanks

Stihlnothappy

Difficult to say, if the bore or the rings are not damaged you may be lucky. They can be unseazed sometimes as it happened to a Kaaz mitsubishi engine I had on an old brushcutter. Sometimes by squirting a tiny amount of oil in the cylinder by taking spark plug out. Then you may need to take the pull starter of it and possibly put a shifter on the nut that is under the starter and turn in the same direction that your pull starter turns when pulling your cord. If not sure how to do this take it to a mower shop & they may do something similar , or look at it for you. Possibly try them first and if they want to sell you another whipper snipper instead of trying to fix it. Take it home and have a play around with it first. No harm in trying as some mower shops will help you and others just want to sell you a new one. You have nothing to loose either way, sorry to hear this has happened to your Shindaiwa.

deke

Thanks Stihlnothappy, I took it to the mower shop. He pulled off the exhaust and showed me the broken ring and said new piston, ring and sleeve plus labour cost $250. Ok. so I had a good run, but cant believe my stupidity in not oiling the petrol.
    Cheers deke

Eddy
    Eddy

Not a minor problem

Get an answer from our members and Shindaiwa representatives