Sidchrome

Store LocationTools Direct online
Jypsy

Jypsy

Sidcrome screwdrivers

I bought a set of sidcrome screwdrivers they are the most useless things I own can't use them on most screws because the nose is to pointed they cost me $129.00 for a set of 6 wish I had not bought this product on one of the screwdrivers the tip was broken off this is a complete waste of money and had to go and buy other screwdrivers so buyers be warned

Store LocationSupacheap auto
Andrewse

AndrewseHobart, TAS

Quality tools by sidchrome

Working as a mechanic I have various tools make by sidchrome and have never had any issues with the and they come with the piece of mind of lifetime guarantee.

Hardware Shops

Find out how Sidchrome compares to other Hardware Shops

Freddy Farbuckle

Freddy FarbuckleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sidchrome warranty? what warranty?

Sidchrome owned by B&D USA & made "not in Australia"and they need to see the tool by posting tool to Head Office if you don't have the 2012 receipt (??) before a going into the draw to have it replaced. Bought Asian spanner as replacement ( probably where Sidchrome comes from now) off EBay for less that the postage back to Sidchrome. B& D have same sort of reviews in US. They also make Stanley tools if you want to dodge buying from B&D altogether

MDD

MDDMelbourne

Screwdrivers are a bit rubbish

Scott

Scott

Useless warranty

I had bought a $1000 dollar wall kit some years ago and 2 large socket sets, 2x failed Rachets and Pliers and was told i abused them. Utter bull!. i was using the so called bullet proof tools for their intended purpose, never again will i buy this crap that supposed to have a "lifetime warranty". Customer service is so bad , id give them zero stars if i could.

Warranty not worth much...

Sad to see poor quality being compounded with poor customer service. I contacted sidchrome as the plastic tray that holds the sockets in my socket set (a few months old only) had completely cracked and fell apart. All I wanted was a replacement tray.

Was told that the warranty didn't cover consumable parts like the tray. Asked if I could buy another tray, if it was a consumable. Was told no, they don't sell the trays by themselves. So, not a consumable then...

The only plus side: the agent I dealt with, [name removed], seemed to genuinely want to help me out, but was ham strung by management.

Mark G

Mark GBrisbane

Sidchrome warranty is useless. Sidchrome claims of warranty are false.

I am 60 years old & have bought sidchrome tools all my working life, however never again.
Failed toolbox drawer after little use & have been trying to claim a repair since June 2018 (its now October) & they just give me the run around after runaround. Useless! One thing I've noticed is Sidchrome quaility has dropped significantly over the past few years. Sidchrome is nothing like the company they used to be. Avoid Sidchrome, there are better quality brands out there.

Happy driver

Happy driverMid North Coast, NSW

Warranty is useless.

Hardware Shops

Find out how Sidchrome compares to other Hardware Shops

PerthPhil

PerthPhilPerth, WA

Very Poor After-Market Service

I have emailed Sidchrome three times trying to purchase locking mechanisms for their tool cabinets so that one key will lock/unlock all cabinets. The first few emails went unanswered so I upped the frequency and finally got a response telling me that lock smiths can't cut their keys (not even close to what I asked for). I gave them make and models for the cabinets I owned and the key numbers for each. Nada.

For what was a hugely reputable tool brand, the response seems way out of character. Here's to hoping I get escalated to someone who actually has a clue!