Gigaset A510

Gigaset A510

A510, A510A, A510 IP and A510A Duo

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great cordless phone if want to reduce EMF or RF in your enviroment

The ECO feature which reduces RF, the power output is reduced if the handset is close to the base, and unlike most DECT phones this one isn't continuously emitting radiation from the base, even when not in use.Compact, well designed, good looking phones. When I selected model as above it says discontinued which is strange s there are many new on eBay for sale

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Sound quality is excellent with the default settings.

I am using wireless broadband from 20Km distance. MyNetFone sent me an auto-configuration code for easy setup and it has great quality sound. I have subsequently had some difficulty in
(a) transferring my whole address book and I now need to manually enter the remaining 60 names
(b) at midnight each night the Date/Time reverts from WA time to Eastern Australian Time - the 3 hour difference means the alarm clock in the phone wakes me up 3 hours early.
At age 70+ I just wanted a cheaper phone service without the wires and config hassles of using an ATA device.
Everybody I ring loves the clear quality of the Gigaset A510 IP

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Works perfectly... meant I could get rid of the fixed landline

Was a bit concerned about using VOIP, whether there would be any lag etc.... This is great. Very easy to install. The sound is perfect. I would recommend this product. We are using it on vividwireless but I will be intending to continue using it if/when we get the NBN in our area

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Over heats and drains batteries rapidly

After two years use, the phone overheats and drains batteries every two months. This month it started melting batteries. A secondary complaint is that it was not easy to set up. I left it in the box for several weeks as each time I looked at the instruction manual, I felt overwhelmed with the number of pages for the set up process. Not happy with it!

Date PurchasedAug 2014

not very intuitive

Had the phones for about 7 months now. Found conversation clarity became so bad that I stopped using the phones. Our internet service is very good - no problems there. But, learnt it was because I do a whole lot of streaming (all the time). Hence you will see this problem in relation to other VOIP phones. Other than that just found the phone ok but not very intuitive.

Great Phone with Eco mode

This cordless phone is one of the few around with a proper Eco mode, in that the power output is reduced if the handset is close to the base, and unlike most DECT phones this one isn't continuously emitting radiation from the base, even when not in use. Do some research on DECT if you don't understand the Eco mode concept.
Great features and easy to use.
Proper Eco Mode, unlike some other phones that list an Eco mode but still have continuous transmit.
Nothing so far

Can one sends & receives SMS on the A510A as the Gigaset SL375?
No it is a landline phoneGood afternoon Francis, SMS for Gigaset VOIP phones allows an SMS message to be sent to and received from other Gigaset personal mail boxes, so two Gigaset account owners can SMS each other. I have not attempted to send SMS messages to Mainstream Mobiles. More on page 31 of the manual at https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/legacy-assets/A31008-M1903-L101-1-7619_30-10-2008_en_GBR.pdf. My Gigaset is in a remote location, so another Gigaset owner may assist you. Cheers Len

Does the A510IP have a hands free option? Often I want to do some chores around the house while I am talking so I want to be able to put the phone on the bench top and keep talking. At the moment I have to keep holding the phone.
I can't seem to put it on speakerphone... it would be great if it could!

Thank you so much for your review. 5/5 is very encouraging. I have 2 questions. 1, can the ringer volume be turned all the way down to zero when we go to bed? 2, how easy/hard is it to set the phone to achieve the advertised "emit no radiation from the base station & all handsets when not in use and an 80% reduction in radiation levels during phone calls"?
Hi, I have recently sold my house, so all my belongings are in Storage at the moment, so I am relying on memory to answer your questions. The option to reduce Radiation is fairly easy to set up if you follow the instructions in the Owners Manual. From memory the Volume control does allow you to turn the ringer all the way down. Hope that helps.Thanks. And you feel sure it worked to reduce the radiation level from your wifi?

Gigaset A510AGigaset A510Gigaset A510A DuoGigaset A510 IP