Gigaset A510

Gigaset A510

3.0

lenn

lennGreat Southern, WA

Sound quality is excellent with the default settings.

I am using wireless broadband from 20Km distance. MyNetFone sent me an auto-configuration code for easy setup and it has great quality sound. I have subsequently had some difficulty in
(a) transferring my whole address book and I now need to manually enter the remaining 60 names
(b) at midnight each night the Date/Time reverts from WA time to Eastern Australian Time - the 3 hour difference means the alarm clock in the phone wakes me up 3 hours early.
At age 70+ I just wanted a cheaper phone service without the wires and config hassles of using an ATA device.
Everybody I ring loves the clear quality of the Gigaset A510 IP

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Over heats and drains batteries rapidly

After two years use, the phone overheats and drains batteries every two months. This month it started melting batteries. A secondary complaint is that it was not easy to set up. I left it in the box for several weeks as each time I looked at the instruction manual, I felt overwhelmed with the number of pages for the set up process. Not happy with it!

Date PurchasedAug 2014
jame14

jame14Adelaide

not very intuitive

Had the phones for about 7 months now. Found conversation clarity became so bad that I stopped using the phones. Our internet service is very good - no problems there. But, learnt it was because I do a whole lot of streaming (all the time). Hence you will see this problem in relation to other VOIP phones. Other than that just found the phone ok but not very intuitive.

Home Phones