Gigaset A510

A510A

Francis Cheung

Francis Cheungasked

A510

Can one sends & receives SMS on the A510A as the Gigaset SL375?

On The Ball
On The Ball

No it is a landline phone

lenn
lenn

Good afternoon Francis,
SMS for Gigaset VOIP phones allows an SMS message to be sent to and received from other Gigaset personal mail boxes, so two Gigaset account owners can SMS each other. I have not attempted to send SMS messages to Mainstream Mobiles.
More on page 31 of the manual at https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/legacy-assets/A31008-M1903-L101-1-7619_30-10-2008_en_GBR.pdf.
My Gigaset is in a remote location, so another Gigaset owner may assist you.
Cheers Len

Peter

Peterasked

A510 IP

Does the A510IP have a hands free option? Often I want to do some chores around the house while I am talking so I want to be able to put the phone on the bench top and keep talking. At the moment I have to keep holding the phone.

FranM
FranM

I can't seem to put it on speakerphone... it would be great if it could!

Gary in Canberraasked

A510

Thank you so much for your review. 5/5 is very encouraging. I have 2 questions.
1, can the ringer volume be turned all the way down to zero when we go to bed?
2, how easy/hard is it to set the phone to achieve the advertised "emit no radiation from the base station & all handsets when not in use and an 80% reduction in radiation levels during phone calls"?

Bourb

Hi, I have recently sold my house, so all my belongings are in Storage at the moment, so I am relying on memory to answer your questions. The option to reduce Radiation is fairly easy to set up if you follow the instructions in the Owners Manual. From memory the Volume control does allow you to turn the ringer all the way down. Hope that helps.

Gary in Canberra

Thanks. And you feel sure it worked to reduce the radiation level from your wifi?

mustangdude

mustangdudeasked

A510

I have a new late model Panasonic DECT 6.0 and the audio quality is poor.
What do you think of the audio quality of this phone?

Bourb

I find the Audio to be quite good, plus when set to Speaker Phone the Audio is loud and clear.

leegasked

A510

Can you tell me whether the Siemens cordless phone base station has the functionality of working during a power outage, like the Panasonic? Thanks

Bourb

No this phone will not function during a power outage, unfortunately the Base Station needs a power source to work.

Thank you!

Michele83

Michele83asked

A510

Does this phone have Bluetooth to link to mobile phone? How secure is it?

Bourb

Hi Michele83, I just checked the User Manual that came with the phone, and there is no mention of Bluetooth, the phone is probably a bit too basic to perform the function that you are after.
Cheers.