Siemens ER926SB70A

Siemens ER926SB70A

So hard to clean

I purchased the 900 gas top ceramic cook top ...looked great when I had it Installed but the day I used it I started getting cloud wipes and circles around the knobs ...used enjoi,cerapol wipes for cleaning ceramic but to no avail ...I hate this cook top ... have purchased the steam and conventional oven and have been very happy with that but the cook top is a horrid to clean

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Siemens
Bosch H.Siemens
Ingrid
Ingrid

Same problem cleaning burners

I wish I'd read this review before purchasing my cook top - would have looked at other options. I have the same problem cleaning the burners. We bought the cook top last year for our renovation but have only been using it for six months and it has permanent stains. I like the cook top itself but would definitely not recommend it. I've used the recommended cleaner and it has not done the job.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

See all Siemens ER926SB70A / ER926SB90A reviews

Azi

Aziasked

Hi,
I have one of
iQ700 90 cm Gas Cooktop, Black ceramic glass.
While cooking sour cherry jam, it overflowed over the main burner, and I unscrewed the burner and left products on that for a while, now I'm trying to scrub the glass, but I can't get rid of the burning marks on the glass, is it possible that the glass is burnt? or I should try still to scrub it more, meanwhile I don't want to scratch the glass as well.
Please advise me on this.

Thanks,
Azi

Deborah

Try a product called Bar Keepers Friend. Sold at Costco in liquid form and supermarkets in powder form. That with a non scratch scrubber may help. It made a difference on my glass around the burners. Still a lot of work but keep at it. Hope that helps.

Matt
Matt

I'm interested to know as well because mine also has some sort of burn mark around the burners but I've just left it because I didn't want to scratch the glass either. I don't have a Costco in WA so my chances of getting a hold of some of that bar keepers friend are slim. I might try using the steam cleaner and see how that goes.

Burt

Burtasked

Is there a product that you recommend to clean the black glass cooktop?

Nada
Nada

Hi, there's a product called Cerapol (purchased from good guys). But I found the best and easiest way to clean it is with a window cleaning blade.

Deborah

Agreed. Cerapol by Hillmark works well and coats the glass surface for the next clean. I have also found that Dettol Kitchen spray is great on the glass but currently having trouble finding it in the supermarket. Still working on how to clean the burners. Have had some success with a copper cloth (actually made from copper strands) to remove burnt on marks. Still incredibly hard to do and time consuming. Bought from a kitchen/homewares store.

Siemens
SiemensHome AUSiemens

Hi Burt,

Thanks for your question regarding the Siemens ER926SB70A Cooktop.

To clean this model we recommend using a product called Cerapol made by Hillmark, available at most supermarkets and hardware stores.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 368 339 during business hours.

Regards, SiemensHomeAu

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives