Siemens ER926SB70A / ER926SB90A

ER926SB90A, ER926SB70A

8 questions from our users

khan b.

khan b.asked

I wonder why this product is still in market!! Got nasty Oil splutter marks On the burners and it looks as if I havent cleaned it in ages,though its been only 3 months since we got it installed. Can anyone please help with the marks on the burners? How to get rid of them!? I have literally tried everything hob brite, mr muscle, Vinegar/ baking soda etc etc

Ash
Ash

Yes it's a bit of a disgrace. The glass isn't that easy to clean either. The day is comes to you is the cleanest it will ever look

Hi Khan,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens ER926SB70A.
After each use, clean the burner parts once they have cooled down. If any residue is left (baked-on food, drops of grease etc.), however little, it will become stuck to the surface and more difficult to remove later, including splatter from other, unused burners. For really baked on remnants oven cleaner may help.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards,
Siemens Home Australia.

jennyh

jennyhasked

I agree tat the siemens gas cooktop is a horror to keep clean but my problem is that suddenly neither of my burners are lighting automatically. Probably from the difficulty I have trying to scrub clean the cooktop. Unable to find any trouble shooting guides and really don't think the part should break down so quickly. do you have any trouble shooting ideas.

Hi Jennyh,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens ER926SB70A / ER926SB90A cooktop.
We'd like to help, if you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6742 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

angusdurran

angusdurranasked

We purchased a Siemens gas stove about years ago having been assured that this was top of the range and have since had to replace the oven door twice due to weak springs.
My immediate problem is now the gas on all 6
burners is very weak.
I have cleaned all removable parts thoroughly but the flame remains very weak. I checked the gas regulator which seems to be working fine.I even tried to clean the small gas inlet but this made no difference.
Could you advise as there doesn't seem to be an agent in R S A according to the distributor list I was given.I seem to remember there is an agent in Midrand?
model numberHQ74552E

Hi Angusdurran,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens ER926SB70A / ER926SB90A cooktop
Please contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia

SVR

SVRasked

ER926SB90A

How do we stop the ignition sparking? It just keeps clicking/sparking on all the burners.
Nothing seems to stop it. Please help!

Ingrid
Ingrid

I don't know , you must have a fault as I haven't had that happen to me before. You should ring Siemens and have them look at it.

Hi SVR,
Thanks for your question, We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Siemens cooktop.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

William

Williamasked

We have a 5 top gas hob and find that now the central burner will not stay on unless we continue to depress the gas control. As soon as we release it the gas flow appears to cease. What would you recommend?
William

Dee
Dee

Hi William, not sure if I can assist. My issue with this stove has been that the burners are impossible to clean. I contacted the Australian arm of the company but was disappointed in their response. I guess it will all depend on whether the cook-top is still under warranty as to whether you can have it repaired without charge
Cheers Dee

Azi

Aziasked

ER926SB70A

Hi,
I have one of
iQ700 90 cm Gas Cooktop, Black ceramic glass.
While cooking sour cherry jam, it overflowed over the main burner, and I unscrewed the burner and left products on that for a while, now I'm trying to scrub the glass, but I can't get rid of the burning marks on the glass, is it possible that the glass is burnt? or I should try still to scrub it more, meanwhile I don't want to scratch the glass as well.
Please advise me on this.

Thanks,
Azi

Deborah

Try a product called Bar Keepers Friend. Sold at Costco in liquid form and supermarkets in powder form. That with a non scratch scrubber may help. It made a difference on my glass around the burners. Still a lot of work but keep at it. Hope that helps.

Matt
Matt

I'm interested to know as well because mine also has some sort of burn mark around the burners but I've just left it because I didn't want to scratch the glass either. I don't have a Costco in WA so my chances of getting a hold of some of that bar keepers friend are slim. I might try using the steam cleaner and see how that goes.

Burt

Burtasked

ER926SB70A

Is there a product that you recommend to clean the black glass cooktop?

Nada

Hi, there's a product called Cerapol (purchased from good guys). But I found the best and easiest way to clean it is with a window cleaning blade.

Deborah

Agreed. Cerapol by Hillmark works well and coats the glass surface for the next clean. I have also found that Dettol Kitchen spray is great on the glass but currently having trouble finding it in the supermarket. Still working on how to clean the burners. Have had some success with a copper cloth (actually made from copper strands) to remove burnt on marks. Still incredibly hard to do and time consuming. Bought from a kitchen/homewares store.

SiemensHome AUSiemens

Hi Burt,

Thanks for your question regarding the Siemens ER926SB70A Cooktop.

To clean this model we recommend using a product called Cerapol made by Hillmark, available at most supermarkets and hardware stores.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 368 339 during business hours.

Regards, SiemensHomeAu

Miltonasked

ER926SB90A

Have the cracking issue been resolved yet?

Deborah

Did you mean cleaning? No, nothing has taken off the burnt on grease and grime and anything that scrapes it off scratches the surface. If I ever sell my house will need to have the plates replaced so it looks like I clean my house!

Milton

No I mean the cracks that people find in thier Siemens gas cook tops for no apparent reason

Nada

Mine didn't have cracks, mine had the cleaning issue too. There's no way of cleaning these plates without scratching the paint off. They should replace them for us free of charge with a cleanable set. We should return and get a refund as the product is defective.

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives