Siemens iQ700 Ovens

10 questions from our users

Davedb

Davedbasked

iQ700 Ovens

what is better steam full or steam assisted

Joyce

Sorry but I dont have steam. A friend does and finds it fantastic, I think hers is steam assist.. Apologies that I cant be more precise.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens oven.
Depending on what you cook both have incredible benefits. Pure steam cooking is ideal for steaming fish and vegetables however cooking dishes such as risotto, dumplings and puddings are other great ways to get the benefits of full steam cooking in your oven. PulseSteam or adding steam to traditional cooking methods is ideal for breads, baking, meat and poultry where you get soft and tender results while still achieving a nice golden brown finish.

If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards,
Siemens Home Australia.

Ann D.

Ann D.asked

iQ700 Ovens

My display panel of my electric Siemens oven has stopped displaying . the oven is around 8 years old not used daily. Is there a part I can replace. TypeHT5HBP7 HB76AU560A /02 FD 9001 00020. These are all the info on the side of door. Can anyone help me. I live in Redland city Brisbane. Thanks Ann

Hi Ann, We purchased our Siemens from Winnings at Crows Nest, Sydney and we were told that they are the sole distributors of Siemens Ovens. I would try ringing them for advice.

Hi Ann,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your oven. Please contact us on 1300 167 425 well investigate for you.
Regards,
Siemens Home Australia.

gerbera313

gerbera313asked

iQ700 Ovens

Hi, I read that for the self cleaning function you have to remove the wire racks, what about the rails?

Joyce

I haven’t actually used the pyrolitic clean yet. I’ve just looked up in the manual, page 19 -20 and it says to wipe over the racks and that there may be some discolouration. So I’m gathering they stay in. You could ring Siemens, they are very helpful.

Hi Gerbera313,
Thanks for your question regarding your Siemens Oven.
Depending on your model number of your oven you may need to remove rails and shelves before starting the cleaning function.
Please refer to your user manual for confirmation.
Regards Siemens Home Australia.

Elliot K
Elliot K

Hi gerbera313, it sounds like you might be shopping around for a new oven ... ?

When I was comparing features of different brands and models I was initially surprised that some trays and rails could be left in during the pyro clean process while others must be removed. Such details are generally not that prominent, you need to carefully read through the features and specifications to determine whether the trays and/or rails can be left in or have to be removed.

A good friend with a well-regarded (German) oven was shocked to hear our Siemens trays and rails could be left in during the pyro cleaning cycle because she has to remove hers.

We're really glad we took the time to carefully compare the features and specifications before going a showroom to touch & feel the different brands and models we were interested in, and then placing our order. Details like how the controls feel, how the door opens/closes, how the trays slide in and out, etc., are subtle things but do make a difference to how enjoyable the oven is in real use.

Bruce R.asked

iQ700 HR676G8S2A (with pulseSteam)

should there be water on the base of over after bread proving cycle finnished

Hi Bruce R
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens oven model HR676G8S2A
It is normal for some moisture to be in the cavity after using the steam function.
To limit the amount of moisture, it’s important to set the water hardness in the basic settings and calibrate the appliance after that.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.

Bruce R.

Thank you, the water was set on medium have set it to soft after finding out our water in Gippsland is considered to be soft by international standards.
Fingers crossed.
Bruce.

Taffyasked

iQ700 Ovens

Our microwave/pulse steam oven work well for cooking but am unable to get the self clean option to work, it tells me to remove the steam water container and instead of starting the clean process the oven shuts off.... any ideas why or what I’m doing wrong? Am waiting on Siemens to get back to me with a service call day/time

Hi Taffy,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens iq700. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with the self clean function. We'd like to help, if you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5022 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.

Taffy

Thanks but we have a service booked for next week, fingers crossed it's all ok :)

Lisa

Lisaasked

iQ700 HB673G0S1A

Can I leave the wire racks and the universal tray in the oven when I run the self clean

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens HB673G0S1A Oven.When using the cleaning function, you can clean the enamel accessory provided at the same time. You cannot clean any of the wire racks when using the
cleaning function. The wire racks are not suitable for cleaning using the cleaning function; this will discolour
them. Further accessories suitable for cleaning using the cleaning function are listed in the table for special
accessories in your user manual. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.

Helena

Helenaasked

iQ700 HR676G8S2A (with pulseSteam)

Is this model plumbed in to water? Or do you lift the control panel and fill the container with water?

Steve S.
Steve S.

You lift the control panel and fill the container with water :)

Leigh
Leigh

Yep Steve is correct, there is a small lift out water tank that you fill up and empty as instructed. One thing that I didn't find out until after I'd purchased was that if you are on tank water the company instructed to use demineralised water due to the hardness etc. But that is no issue. It is a great oven works well.

Dani

Daniasked

iQ700 HM676G0S1A (with microwave)

Having trouble baking cakes, not cooking in the middle and raising then sinks. Not sure what function to use. Cake function, not finding reliable, it’s confusing!

Hi Dani,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens HM676G0S1A Oven.
You can find full cooking instructions for different types of cakes on page 46-47 of the appliance user manual. As an example for a sponge cake in a cake/ring tin, we recommend the Hotair eco function on 140-160 degrees for 60-80 minutes.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 167 425 to discuss.

JohnJasked

iQ700 HB673G0S1A

Recently my oven has steamed rather than baking roast poultry and vegetables. Setting is 4D on 200 degrees; tray 1 with diced potato, pumpkin, etc, and tray 2 with chicken pieces. Result is (cooked) watery food with little or no browning, and certainly no crisp skin - what I would expect if I had steamed the food. This has started just in the last month; prior roasts were perfect - cooked food with a crisp an brown exterior. Could an exhaust vent be blocked prevent the steam from escaping during cooking?

Hi JohnJ,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch HB673G0S1A Oven.
We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Mich
Mich

Hi John, I would definitely be in touch with Siemens regarding this issue. You are right, the food should not be watery. Assuming you have the Add Steam function turned off or to Low, you should still have a nice roast. Contact Siemens is my best advice.
Regards
Michelle

JohnJ

I called the Bosch Service Desk who sent out a technician who found a faulty thermostat which meant the oven only reach 80% of the set temperature - hence the steaming effect. A new thermostat is due to be installed next Monday.

Laura Milliken

Laura Millikenasked

iQ700 Ovens

How do you set to English?

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your question regarding your Siemens IQ700.

Please contact us on 1300 167 425 to discuss further.

Canberra Daddy
Canberra Daddy

This is very complicated. You have to find 'settings ' in German (Google) and click on that. Did that but while I was setting up, horrible rotary knob, bumped the language which changed to some Russian or Turkish notation - impossible to get out of! Turn off reset and start again - don't save until totally sure. Ok now but very stressful.

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives