Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

WM16Y892AU, WM16Y890AU

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.3

TazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Intermittent leaks over last 18 months

Purchased in December 2015 at Winning Appliances.

Noise Level
Ross

RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

One major issue

My problem with this machine is the low water pressure warning. I have almost 600Kpa water pressure at the tap yet it still beeps incessantly. When the warning goes off it continues to fill with water resulting in the water reaching half way up the door window. How to disable this useless warning?

Purchased in March 2018 at Winning Appliances.

Noise Level
Bosch H.Siemens

auto dose and door switch failed - trouble getting Siemens to even inspect it

this machine is 6.5 years old. The auto dosing has failed and the door switch is faulty making it basically unusable. Spare parts on the internet for these items would be $A600 for a very upmarket $A2500 machine. Siemens want to verify the faults but I tried twice to book a service call and each time no-one contacts me as promised.

Purchased in March 2013 for A$2,500.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Sa Carda

Sa CardaAU

Drier.

This machine is quiet and efficient. It condenses the water so you dont have the condensation in your laundry. The settings are easy to use. And it stops when the clothes are dry depending on the setting. My only criticism is the filters are a little fiddly, but totally worth it. Great machine.

Mark aSydney

Consistently breaks down

We bought this washing machine brand a few years ago. We are a family of 4 and have pretty standard needs for a washing machine. This machine has broken down about 15+ times costing us huge amounts in service calls. Very dissatisfied with what is meant to be a high quality reliable brand.

If you are thinking about buying a Siemens washing machine, definitely think very carefully about your decision.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Mark a

Update on this matter. I contacted Siemens who agreed that the faults were excessive. They replaced the machine with a brand new one. We've had the new one for two months with no problems so far.

Dusty

DustyFar North Queensland, QLD

Very gentle on Clothes

Cleans clothes very well with the auto detergent dispensing, it does not waste detergent,
Nor rough on clothes like previous other washers,
Very quiet,
Love the programmed stop function, the machine will delay start and have your washing finished at a designated time, either when you wake up or when you get home from work, to avoid sitting in the machine wet for hours.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rose

RoseVictoria

Love it!!

Looks great, handles large loads easily. Reliable and energy efficient. Very quiet even with heavy duty washing. Lots of wash option cycles which can be altered to suit, very gentle on clothes yet gets them super clean. Would not use any other Brand in the future .... happiness in the Laundry. Previously used Bosch machines which are made by same company I believe but they sounded like planes taking off and coming in to land.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
WAgirl13

WAgirl13Geraldton

Very reliable machine and gentle on clothes.

My machine gets a good workout and is strong and reliable. I have had many of the other brands and experienced problems with the electronics. It is a good solid washing machine and I can recommend it for families. It is easy to access for cleaning filters etc. also very quiet while in operation.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

HotwireHunter Region, NSW

Brilliant washing machine

What's not to like about this washing machine. If you can't read the instructions it would be a bother but for literate persons its amazing.
Not more moldy washing because it has a clean cycle that fixes that, and it tells you when to run that cycle too.
The wash has no residual detergent so your cloths don't have that soapy feeling. The machine adds the detergent and softener so you just put the cloths in and start washing. It turns itself of when it's done!
No shaking the house down when it spins and it's so quiet, it's often difficult to know when its on. FANTASTIC!!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

MLD

MLDMelbourne

Very happy with this machine

I purchased this washing machine in June 2016 to replace another machine that I had had endless problems with (see other reviews). This machine is quiet and works efficiently. It has a wide range of programs and it is fairly easy to set the machine to wash at whatever spin speed, temperature or number of rinses you might like. It dispenses detergent automatically for most washes (not on delicates, etc). Overall I'm very happy and satisfied with it. No service calls unlike my previous machine!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
org8

org8-

Impressive 'robot washing maching' and a step beyond other machines, but with some flaws

Date PurchasedAug 2012
PJA

PJASydney

Faulty again - don't buy one.

DeniceG

DeniceGCentral Coast

Not worth what we paid for it

We have had this washing machine for over 2 years & I don't feel like it washes very well. I have tried every different cycle in an attempt to make sure it was me & I have found every one the same. Our towels are scratchy & stiff, like wiping yourself on a piece of sand paper sometimes. I did a lot of investigation prior to purchasing this machine & thought it was the best, I'm very disappointed. I wouldn't bother spending the money on another one the same brand.

Very unhappy customet

I purchased an I dos 800 less than 3 years ago. Less than 14 months later my washing was sprayed with black oil, repairmen kept telling me that nothing was wrong with it yet the washing was displaying the opposite. The machine was eventually replaced with another and low and behold less than 13 months later the exact same thing has happened I like this mac home but I am so terribly disappointed and frustrated with the service
Debbie

DisappointedNew South Wales

Spun clothes still soaking wet

Our machine worked well for the first 3 months. Now it does not spin properly and all clothes come out soaking wet. It doesn't matter what setting we have it on. Whether we fill it with clothes as recommended or just try to spin a load. Wet wet wet. Disappointed that the repairer has said it needs a new load sensor!!!

Regretting my purchase

The automatic dose feature sounded great but in fact it leaked detergent. At first I thought I had spilled it and cleaned up the floor. I refilled the dispenser and the next morning found the entire contents all over my laundry floor. What a waste. When I phoned to book a service call I was advised the job was too small for someone to come out and fix the machine. Instead replacement seals were mailed to me and I had to fix the machine myself!

It operated reasonably for next 12 months or so but now it has stopped dispensing the detergent altogether. At least the company has agreed to a service call this time.

All in all I'm very disappointed and regretting my purchase.

Sue

Once again the automatic dose is not working. I have had nothing but trouble with this machine. The after sales service isappalling.

Sue

Since my past post the detergent dispenser has been replaced twice! It's now only working Intermittently. We are not on town water supply, so each time I have to rewash I'm wasting precious tank water too, I'm fed up.

nerfherderPerth

Excellent results & quiet

nerfherder

Update: About a year in from purchase date and the washing machine is still performing well with no issues.

yjs

yjsSydney

Great Washing Machine Ruined By Mouldy Door Seal

Purchased in August 2013.

garyinsydney

garyinsydney

The Perfect Dryer

We have had the dryer for about one year. It dries very quickly, the laundry does not get hot and we use the condensed water for ironing as we now live in an area with very hard water.
It is pretty quiet and the fact that it dries at a lower temperature means the clothes last longer - no more melted underpants waistbands!

In the family we have another Siemens and 2 Bosch dryers. They are both owned by the same company and are basically the same. It was a question of who was offering the best price and warranty at the time of purchase.
All worked well and (touch wood) there have been no problems. The oldest machine is 6 years old.

Jason Bates-Brownsword

Jason Bates-BrownswordSydney

Great machine

We moved from a Fisher & Paykel washing machine about a month ago now, this machine is in a totally different league, the iDos is fantastic, load gauge and remaining time are all very handy features, to top it all off the machine is super quiet.
With 2 kids we wash about 4 days a week.