WM16Y892AU, WM16Y890AU
Listing monitored by Siemens

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Absolute joke

Our first mashing machine was continually leaking. After 4 technician visits and continued leaking, Siemens eventually agreed to replace the machine. We are now a year in with a second machine and it has again stopped working. This time an e 23 error and need to call a technician out. And yet again we are highly inconvenienced and now don’t have a working washing machine. For such an expensive product, I’ve been absolutely disgusted with the quality. One dodgy machine I was happy to forgive due to warranty, but a second is unforgivable.

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

Hi Sacha, Thanks for your review, we're so sorry to hear about your experience.
We'd like to investigate for you, if you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12567 in the subject line.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

TazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Intermittent leaks over last 18 months

Purchased in December 2015 at Winning Appliances.

Ross
RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

One major issue

My problem with this machine is the low water pressure warning. I have almost 600Kpa water pressure at the tap yet it still beeps incessantly. When the warning goes off it continues to fill with water resulting in the water reaching half way up the door window. How to disable this useless warning?

Purchased in March 2018 at Winning Appliances.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

auto dose and door switch failed - trouble getting Siemens to even inspect it

this machine is 6.5 years old. The auto dosing has failed and the door switch is faulty making it basically unusable. Spare parts on the internet for these items would be $A600 for a very upmarket $A2500 machine. Siemens want to verify the faults but I tried twice to book a service call and each time no-one contacts me as promised.

Purchased in March 2013 for $2,500.00.

Sa Carda
Sa CardaAU

Drier.

This machine is quiet and efficient. It condenses the water so you dont have the condensation in your laundry. The settings are easy to use. And it stops when the clothes are dry depending on the setting. My only criticism is the filters are a little fiddly, but totally worth it. Great machine.

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Mark aSydney

Consistently breaks down

We bought this washing machine brand a few years ago. We are a family of 4 and have pretty standard needs for a washing machine. This machine has broken down about 15+ times costing us huge amounts in service calls. Very dissatisfied with what is meant to be a high quality reliable brand.

If you are thinking about buying a Siemens washing machine, definitely think very carefully about your decision.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Mark a

Update on this matter. I contacted Siemens who agreed that the faults were excessive. They replaced the machine with a brand new one. We've had the new one for two months with no problems so far.

Dusty
DustyFar North Queensland, QLD

Very gentle on Clothes

Cleans clothes very well with the auto detergent dispensing, it does not waste detergent,
Nor rough on clothes like previous other washers,
Very quiet,
Love the programmed stop function, the machine will delay start and have your washing finished at a designated time, either when you wake up or when you get home from work, to avoid sitting in the machine wet for hours.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rose
RoseVictoria

Love it!!

Looks great, handles large loads easily. Reliable and energy efficient. Very quiet even with heavy duty washing. Lots of wash option cycles which can be altered to suit, very gentle on clothes yet gets them super clean. Would not use any other Brand in the future .... happiness in the Laundry. Previously used Bosch machines which are made by same company I believe but they sounded like planes taking off and coming in to land.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
WAgirl13
WAgirl13Mid West, WA

Very reliable machine and gentle on clothes.

My machine gets a good workout and is strong and reliable. I have had many of the other brands and experienced problems with the electronics. It is a good solid washing machine and I can recommend it for families. It is easy to access for cleaning filters etc. also very quiet while in operation.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

HotwireHunter Region, NSW

Brilliant washing machine

What's not to like about this washing machine. If you can't read the instructions it would be a bother but for literate persons its amazing.
Not more moldy washing because it has a clean cycle that fixes that, and it tells you when to run that cycle too.
The wash has no residual detergent so your cloths don't have that soapy feeling. The machine adds the detergent and softener so you just put the cloths in and start washing. It turns itself of when it's done!
No shaking the house down when it spins and it's so quiet, it's often difficult to know when its on. FANTASTIC!!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
MLD
MLDMelbourne

Very happy with this machine

I purchased this washing machine in June 2016 to replace another machine that I had had endless problems with (see other reviews). This machine is quiet and works efficiently. It has a wide range of programs and it is fairly easy to set the machine to wash at whatever spin speed, temperature or number of rinses you might like. It dispenses detergent automatically for most washes (not on delicates, etc). Overall I'm very happy and satisfied with it. No service calls unlike my previous machine!

Date PurchasedJune 2016
org8
org8-

Impressive 'robot washing maching' and a step beyond other machines, but with some flaws

Date PurchasedAug 2012
PJA
PJASydney

Faulty again - don't buy one.

DeniceG
DeniceGCentral Coast

Not worth what we paid for it

We have had this washing machine for over 2 years & I don't feel like it washes very well. I have tried every different cycle in an attempt to make sure it was me & I have found every one the same. Our towels are scratchy & stiff, like wiping yourself on a piece of sand paper sometimes. I did a lot of investigation prior to purchasing this machine & thought it was the best, I'm very disappointed. I wouldn't bother spending the money on another one the same brand.

Very unhappy customet

I purchased an I dos 800 less than 3 years ago. Less than 14 months later my washing was sprayed with black oil, repairmen kept telling me that nothing was wrong with it yet the washing was displaying the opposite. The machine was eventually replaced with another and low and behold less than 13 months later the exact same thing has happened I like this mac home but I am so terribly disappointed and frustrated with the service
Debbie

Zidrunas B.
Zidrunas B.asked
iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

why add water again after drying? how to make factory reset ?

Hi Zidrunas B,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens washing machine.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

Helen
Helenasked
iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

I am trying to clean out my washing machine. I have opened the service door, emptied the water out of the hose and tried to remove the pump cover. It will turn a bit but will not come out. Is it a screw out or a pull out? I suspect that there is something stuck in the seal?

Suggestions?

Nigeasked
iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi, I have an IQ800 washing machine and after completing the last wash the door wouldn't open. I followed the manuals instructions and managed to drain remaining water (only a small amount) and manually unlock the door and get the clothes out. I then tried to run another cycle but after initially starting the cycle and commencing filling machine with water the machine simply stopped. No error code just nothing - normal programming information on the machine. The icons to fill i-dos etc were flashing but that is it. After emptying and opening door again the machine won't start another cycle and when I press the start button (or any button) it just makes a small beeping sound each time but nothing else happens. The only error I have been given was on my last of many attempts which basically said (along the lines of) "door cannot be unlocked water temperature too high". I don't wash on very high temperatures and there is no water in the machine so it can't be too hot.

Hi just a bit of additional information. Not sure if it is related to the current issue but I was having some problems over the last few months with a leak (?) of the liquid detergent dripping down the front of the machine so I reverted to manually dispensing detergent. My guess is this may be related and causing an electrical problem? I would love to know if there is a way of resetting the machine to default and see if this works?

Taz

If leaking detergent, then you'll probably need a new plug for underneath the idos dispenser. If leaking like my issue, then Siemens couldn't work out what it was. See the pics in my post.

Nige

Sorry the leak is sorted i fitted new rubber plugs so I have now removed that section. We have 3 different siemens ovens, washing machine and a dryer and everyone of them has had a technician out. The Miele equipment we have and had longer has never skipped a beat.

H Nige,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing machine.
We would recommend to contact our customer service team on 1300 167 425 to book a technician to attend and ascertain why the fault is occuring.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

See all Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU questions

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives

Compare both Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU