Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

WM16Y892AU, WM16Y890AU

59 questions from our users

Nigeasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi, I have an IQ800 washing machine and after completing the last wash the door wouldn't open. I followed the manuals instructions and managed to drain remaining water (only a small amount) and manually unlock the door and get the clothes out. I then tried to run another cycle but after initially starting the cycle and commencing filling machine with water the machine simply stopped. No error code just nothing - normal programming information on the machine. The icons to fill i-dos etc were flashing but that is it. After emptying and opening door again the machine won't start another cycle and when I press the start button (or any button) it just makes a small beeping sound each time but nothing else happens. The only error I have been given was on my last of many attempts which basically said (along the lines of) "door cannot be unlocked water temperature too high". I don't wash on very high temperatures and there is no water in the machine so it can't be too hot.

Hi just a bit of additional information. Not sure if it is related to the current issue but I was having some problems over the last few months with a leak (?) of the liquid detergent dripping down the front of the machine so I reverted to manually dispensing detergent. My guess is this may be related and causing an electrical problem? I would love to know if there is a way of resetting the machine to default and see if this works?

Taz

If leaking detergent, then you'll probably need a new plug for underneath the idos dispenser. If leaking like my issue, then Siemens couldn't work out what it was. See the pics in my post.

Nige

Sorry the leak is sorted i fitted new rubber plugs so I have now removed that section. We have 3 different siemens ovens, washing machine and a dryer and everyone of them has had a technician out. The Miele equipment we have and had longer has never skipped a beat.

H Nige,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing machine.
We would recommend to contact our customer service team on 1300 167 425 to book a technician to attend and ascertain why the fault is occuring.

Phindi M.

Phindi M.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Hi my Siemens keeps on writing Door cannot unlocked water level or temperature is too high yet there’s no water inside

Poppy S.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Great washer but can’t seem to find how to do a drum clean. Anyone know if there is a program to clean the drum as it does state drum clean 90degrees program in the manual but can’t find this program on the washer. Thanks in advance

Taz

Hiya, really easy, just run any washing cycle at 90°C - that's it. You can run a separate cycle for drum clean, move dial to other washing cycles and its under there somewhere. For my old washing machine, I just ran a normal wash cycle with clothes at 50°C.

Poppy S.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Got it!
I’ll do that. Kindest regards

Einav N.

Einav N.asked

Hello (:
My machine (890) doesn’t take the softener. Cleaned the drawer...
Maybe I touched something in the i-Dos settings? Can’t figure it out.
What else could it be and I can do before calling service?

Thx

Gopu G

Gopu Gasked

How to solve the issue?
Door cannot be unlocked;
water level or temperature is too high

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

Hi Gopu G, Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens washing machine.
Select Start/Reload >II to continue the program. That should fix the issue.

Selina W.asked

iQ800 WM16Y892AU

My machine is not spinning out and I have to keep emptying the water how do I just do a spin cycle.. very flipping annoyed considering what we spend on these machines

Taz

I had that problem, have you cleaned out the filter (bottom right lid), there may be something stuck and it can't pump out the water. Mine looked like it was about to spin, but it would start and stop, then left washing machine pooled with water - kids hair clips were caught in the filter. The wash would also take twice as long to finish.
To just spin, turn the dial to "others" and you can choose to spin, drain... there are quite a few other things you can do.

Taz

Also, make sure you have a thick towel under the washing machine front, as a bit of water will flow out when you open the filter. To drain out some of this water, unhook the little pipe and unplug it to let some water out into a little ice cream tub - BEFORE you open filter.

Selina W.

Hi Taz.. yes I clean that out on a daily basis and still is not draining properly...I have had enough and have had to order a new LG washer now. thanks for your input.

BBC

BBCasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

My machine WM16Y890AU has reported Error E: 23 I have emptied the clothes from the drum and cleaned out the filter, I have switched the power off completley and shut the water flow off and waited and the same error comes up can you help, Thank you Brian

Hi BBC,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens WM16Y890AU.
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Siemens washing machine.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on1300 167 425 we’ll investigate for you.

Cathie Basked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

I have an Siemens IQ1700 and the middle dispenser for the softener fills up with water every load. If I do add sanitiser (or softener) it remains in the dispenser and just becomes diluted - will not dispense. I have taken the drawer out and emptied it and tried again but it keeps happening. Any suggestions please? Thanks Cathie

Hi Cathie,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine. You have tried all troubleshooting we can recommend. If you contact us on 1300 167 425 we’ll investigate for you.

Thank you, will do. Cheers Cathie

alex

alexasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

my iq 800 switch off completely when it come to 17 minutes left. need to switch the main power off and on for few time and it come on and after few minutes washing , again same thing happen. please help

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens washing machine.
This is most likely as issue with the draining sequence of the machine. Checking the drain pump (bottom right of appliance) and that the drain hose isn't blocked is the only troubleshooting customer's can tend to themselves. If this is done or gets done or can't be done a service call would be required.

Deborah M.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

I have a siemens idos 800 and the detergent is not being delivered to the machine when the cycle is running. I do know that it is a smart system and will only take what is needed, but my clothes are coming out smelling dirty and no sign of detergent being used. Has this got something to do with the filter that sits in the detergent for dispensing. I have cleaned the detergent drawer but I am still having the same problem.

Hi Deborah,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens washing machine.
The iDos system does seem to not use detergent but it definitely does. We do recommend following the dosing recommendations of the manufacturer of the detergent though. In the setting you can alter the basic dosage based on that recommendation. If adjusting this does not help and the load size is a good size, a service call would be needed to investigate further.

Deborah M.

I have done all that you have said to in the past. After 3 months and the detergent not going down like it used to I know that there is a problem.
Can you get replacement filters that the detergent goes through? These seem to be full of grunge and I believe that this is stopping the detergent to be used correctly.

Hi Deborah,
If you've done what we suggested then a service call will be needed. Please call us.

PENNY J

PENNY Jasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

The start buttons does not work on my washing machine. I can select washing cycles and adjust temperature and spin speed. Help me!!

Dav
Dav

Hi penny
We have the same symptoms on our machine. In our case it is caused by a fault in the door switch. For a machine that cost $2500 it seems that the door switches wear out in about 6 years. We found that you can still use the machine if after closing the door you pull slightly on the door as if you were going to open it and you will see the blue light on the start button come on. Then while the blue light is on you press the start button.

Have you had any trouble with the auto dose ids system? Ours has failed due to corrosion on the electrical connector foe the dosing system.

We complained to Siemens who sent out their tech. He charged us $160 to tell us what we already knew (and what they were told before the callout). The tech had no spare switch with him (!!). We have now been quoted over $500 for him to come back and to fix the idose and the switch.

I looked on the internet and found the switch as a spare part costs about $60.

If you machine is not that old I suggest you give the machine a rating of one star and then Siemens might contact you. I expect the cost of repairs for the switch will be $260.

I am about to go to consumer affairs because despite providing information to Siemens customer relationships with proof of purchase and the techs report (as they requested) they have not responded. Under Australian Law my problems are major failures and the warranty is irrelevant.

Hi Penny J,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Siemens Washing Machine.
We'd like to help, if you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH8183 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.

Hi Dav,
We'd like to help, if you could email us atsocialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH8183 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.

Alex D.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Dear Siemens, the detergent dispenser on my washer is inconsistent. The volume of detergent dispensed varies resulting in unclean loads with residual smells. There's a clicking noise during for a long period during the "detergent dispensing" cycle. The machine is only 2yrs old. Didn't expect issues for such an expensive machine. I've already cleaned the detergent tray and tried doing a drum clean also. No error messages have come up. Been using the same detergent since we've had the machine. Did not have issues in the first 18 months.

What is the likely issue with my washer?

Maybe should have got a Samsung. Haven't had a problem with any Samsung products I own. Still going strong after 10 years.

Hi Alex D,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens Washing Machine.
Please contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia

Alex D.

Logged a call with customer service. Let's see how it pans out. Particularly difficult to diagnose when the problem is intermittent. Hopefully, a case where Siemens can sort out without too much fuss nor cost me any more money, given 1 Siemens unit is the twice the cost of other brands. Cheers

Ennio M.

Ennio M.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Why is my whites coming out not clean

Hi Ennio,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens washing machine.
With an issue like that, all we can suggest is trying different amounts or type of detergent.

trent w

trent wasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

my iq800 condenser dryer is coming up with please close door when i go to start cycle and the door is shut

Hi Trent,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine.
There's no troubleshooting we can advise for that other than making sure there is nothing stuck inn the door.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 167 425 well investigate for you.
Siemens Home Australia.

Rohan ashman

Rohan ashmanasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

My iq800 drain flitter is stuck and cant open how do I remover the cover plate to get to the drain pipe to unblock the filter

Rohan ashman

Rohan ashmanasked

Myiq800 wont drain and can open the drain pimp to clean

Dusty
Dusty

At the front of the machine open the round cover at the bottom, from there you can open the pick-up cover of the pump, clean it out, a $2 coins can block the suction side and not allow the water to be pumped to drain the machine, it will make a mess when you open the second cover, be ready with the towels.
Make sure the machine is level or leaning back a little, if leaning forward the sensor for the over fill can go off and halt progress of the program.
Good luck

Hi Rohan,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens washing machine.
What Dusty has recommend is sound advice. If you are still unable to remove the pump cover a service call would be necessary.
Siemens Home Australia.

Steven c.

Steven c.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

I have exactly the same problem as Mr Tano asked you last month, I totally cleaned up the drawer, also suspected the 2 gray plugs, after reduced the detergent amount, still leaking,but not as much as before.Please help.

Hi Steven,
Thanks for your question regarding your WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU washing machine.
We'd like to help, if you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6863 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.

Tanoasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Hi i have a leaking detergent drawer I have pulled it out completely washed it dry it put it back in still leaking thinking it could be out of the 2 Gray plugs just behind the draw front, could give me any other options,
Cheers

Hi Tano,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU washing machine.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 167 425 we’ll investigate for you.

Soon as I can

Nora A.

Nora A.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Hi I have difficulty open the washing Maschine the door is stuck. Any help?

Hi Nora A,
Thank you for your question regarding your Siemens WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU Washing Machine.
Please refer to your instruction manual on page 45.
Please turn off your appliance at the mains and unplug.
If water is still in your appliance, place a towel on the floor and open the service flap at the bottom right of your washing machine.
Pull out the hose (located on the left above the filter cap) and drain water into a bowl or bucket.
Once the water has been drained, pull down on the emergency lever with a tool and release (located on the right side above the filter cap).
Door can be opened.

Jane G.

Jane G.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

When I put washing powder in the drawer manually it is not all going into the machine. This is a recent issue. I have had the machine for 6 months or so and this had not been a problem previously. The soap all ends up stuck in the drawer.

Hi Jane G.
Thank you for your question for your Siemens WM16Y890AU washing machine.
Please try and clean and dry out the detergent drawer.
Complete a 90 degree cotton cycle with no washing in drum (recommend de-scale if possible).
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives

Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU