WM16Y892AU, WM16Y890AU

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Absolute joke

Our first mashing machine was continually leaking. After 4 technician visits and continued leaking, Siemens eventually agreed to replace the machine. We are now a year in with a second machine and it has again stopped working. This time an e 23 error and need to call a technician out. And yet again we are highly inconvenienced and now don’t have a working washing machine. For such an expensive product, I’ve been absolutely disgusted with the quality. One dodgy machine I was happy to forgive due to warranty, but a second is unforgivable.

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

Hi Sacha, Thanks for your review, we're so sorry to hear about your experience.
We'd like to investigate for you, if you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH12567 in the subject line.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

auto dose and door switch failed - trouble getting Siemens to even inspect it

this machine is 6.5 years old. The auto dosing has failed and the door switch is faulty making it basically unusable. Spare parts on the internet for these items would be $A600 for a very upmarket $A2500 machine. Siemens want to verify the faults but I tried twice to book a service call and each time no-one contacts me as promised.

Purchased in March 2013 for $2,500.00.

Mark aSydney

Consistently breaks down

We bought this washing machine brand a few years ago. We are a family of 4 and have pretty standard needs for a washing machine. This machine has broken down about 15+ times costing us huge amounts in service calls. Very dissatisfied with what is meant to be a high quality reliable brand.

If you are thinking about buying a Siemens washing machine, definitely think very carefully about your decision.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Mark a

Update on this matter. I contacted Siemens who agreed that the faults were excessive. They replaced the machine with a brand new one. We've had the new one for two months with no problems so far.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

PJA

PJASydney

Faulty again - don't buy one.

Very unhappy customet

I purchased an I dos 800 less than 3 years ago. Less than 14 months later my washing was sprayed with black oil, repairmen kept telling me that nothing was wrong with it yet the washing was displaying the opposite. The machine was eventually replaced with another and low and behold less than 13 months later the exact same thing has happened I like this mac home but I am so terribly disappointed and frustrated with the service
Debbie

DisappointedNew South Wales

Spun clothes still soaking wet

Our machine worked well for the first 3 months. Now it does not spin properly and all clothes come out soaking wet. It doesn't matter what setting we have it on. Whether we fill it with clothes as recommended or just try to spin a load. Wet wet wet. Disappointed that the repairer has said it needs a new load sensor!!!

yjs

yjsSydney

Great Washing Machine Ruined By Mouldy Door Seal

Purchased in August 2013.

SiemensHome AUSiemens

Machine's with lots of faults.....

Bishop
Bishop
See all Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU reviews

Nigeasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi, I have an IQ800 washing machine and after completing the last wash the door wouldn't open. I followed the manuals instructions and managed to drain remaining water (only a small amount) and manually unlock the door and get the clothes out. I then tried to run another cycle but after initially starting the cycle and commencing filling machine with water the machine simply stopped. No error code just nothing - normal programming information on the machine. The icons to fill i-dos etc were flashing but that is it. After emptying and opening door again the machine won't start another cycle and when I press the start button (or any button) it just makes a small beeping sound each time but nothing else happens. The only error I have been given was on my last of many attempts which basically said (along the lines of) "door cannot be unlocked water temperature too high". I don't wash on very high temperatures and there is no water in the machine so it can't be too hot.

Hi just a bit of additional information. Not sure if it is related to the current issue but I was having some problems over the last few months with a leak (?) of the liquid detergent dripping down the front of the machine so I reverted to manually dispensing detergent. My guess is this may be related and causing an electrical problem? I would love to know if there is a way of resetting the machine to default and see if this works?

Taz

If leaking detergent, then you'll probably need a new plug for underneath the idos dispenser. If leaking like my issue, then Siemens couldn't work out what it was. See the pics in my post.

Nige

Sorry the leak is sorted i fitted new rubber plugs so I have now removed that section. We have 3 different siemens ovens, washing machine and a dryer and everyone of them has had a technician out. The Miele equipment we have and had longer has never skipped a beat.

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

H Nige,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing machine.
We would recommend to contact our customer service team on 1300 167 425 to book a technician to attend and ascertain why the fault is occuring.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

Phindi M.

Phindi M.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Hi my Siemens keeps on writing Door cannot unlocked water level or temperature is too high yet there’s no water inside

Poppy S.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU

Great washer but can’t seem to find how to do a drum clean. Anyone know if there is a program to clean the drum as it does state drum clean 90degrees program in the manual but can’t find this program on the washer. Thanks in advance

Taz

Hiya, really easy, just run any washing cycle at 90°C - that's it. You can run a separate cycle for drum clean, move dial to other washing cycles and its under there somewhere. For my old washing machine, I just ran a normal wash cycle with clothes at 50°C.

Poppy S.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Got it!
I’ll do that. Kindest regards

See all Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU questions

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives

Compare both Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU