Siemens WT47W580AU

Siemens WT47W580AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

When you've just done the laundry, a warm sunny day is perfect. But what if it's raining for days? Your lovely clean clothes might stay wet for just as long. A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you're interested in a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or maybe no dryer at all, this guide has all the handy dryer tips and info.

Read now

4.1

TrixiSydney, NSW

Don't buy any Siemens appliance - the after sales service is disgusting

My 2 year old dryer stopped drying (no heat). It took a week for the technician to come and now I've been waiting more than 2 weeks for the part to fix it, which the technician told me probably won't fix it they will need to replace it but to waste my time they have to put the part in anyway. 3 phone calls and nothing. I will never buy a Siemens product ever again. I wish I'd read some of the reviews on Siemens service before I'd wasted my money - you should be ashamed of yourselves Siemens. A bit tip - if you sell products in Australia - how about you have the parts in Australia to service them.

Purchased in July 2018 at Winning Appliances NSW for A$1,500.00.

Noise Level
Trixi

So I sent the email to you 24 hours ago and surprise surprise NO RESPONSE. Now 3 weeks with NO DRYER !!! Honestly The worst company ever

Trixi

Day 2 and still no response have had to call again. You honestly have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Now on hold again my 4th phone call

Angel

AngelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not worth the $$$$$

I found this dryer very complicated to use and the instruction manual was no help. It takes a long time to dry clothes and the water needs to be emptied frequently. I also have the same model washing machine which is even worse.

Purchased in January 2018.

Noise Level

LincolnSydney, Australia

A fantastic dryer let down by poor design and terrible service from agents

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Lincoln

Update. Less than 3 months later and the fault has recurred.
Awaiting response from retailer for replacement request. Can not recommend this dryer to anyone. A self cleaning condenser that doesn’t self clean.

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great dryer - once you learn how to use it properly

Date PurchasedJul 2018

DeeMMelbourne

Auto sensor rarely dries clothes fully

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Monaro_2

Monaro_2Melbourne

Brilliant Dryer

This was a bit of a treat for us as we live in Melbourne where it seems like winter nine months of the year and drying clothes takes forever. The Germans know a thing or two about drying clothes in poor weather and this Siemens dryer certainly proves that point.
It has a huge capacity and can take a whole washing load without blinking. We love the sense drying. It means you don't have to guess about the run time and its amazingly efficient due to the heat pump. Its solidly built too and I hope we have this for years to come. Its not silent running though, there is a bit of noise as it goes.
Its an amazing quality dryer and a real treat in the laundry

Date PurchasedApr 2016
dij123

dij123Great Southern, WA

Cannot Recommend this Appliance

Date PurchasedJun 2017

nicoranWA, 6333

A must have

Excellent product, I highly recommend. Energy efficient and power consumption, perfect!!! Quite, easy to operate, and easy to look after. Yes its expensive, but again in the long run, you will be saving money! And not to forget German built, quality and design..... Its perfect for towels and sheets and everyday items. For me you can't go wrong. Its now just over a year since I bought this product, and I can say that my power bills have dropped.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
David O

David OMelbourne

Heat pump is so good and energy efficient

Great dryer - haven't had any problems with it since I've had it for a couple of months. The heat pump is so useful because it takes the water out and doesn't make everything so hot. The pre programmed modes are great and easy to understand. I didn't plug it into the plumbing which was so fine you just have to empty the drawer full of water after every wash.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Find out how Siemens WT47W580AU compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Do you spend the extra and by a heat pump clothes dryer?

I was hesitant at first after reading a few negative reviews, but I can say after a couple of months using the Siemens WT47W580AU model, I'm very happy. Just make sure you regularly clean the filter and empty the water tray. If you have the opportunity, plumb the wateroverflow in directly.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Paradise

ParadiseMelbourne

Excellent heat pump dryer

Expensive yes but worth every cent for German built quality and design. Your average cycle takes about 90 minutes. It is very quiet and so energy efficient. Looks great stacked on my bathroom. What I like most is not having a steamy bathroom and having the condensed water drain away automatically.
Highly recommend E & S Trading on service and price.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
EmeraldRose

EmeraldRoseAU

Highly recommended

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Meenal

MeenalBendigo

Best machine ever

Dried my clothes so fast and take all lints off from my clothes. Make my life so easier with less electricity consumption and fast drying . Loved it.. It works brilliant with very less noisy sounds as other machines do . Recommend to people who is thinking of buying a good dryer

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jaredr

JaredrRingwood East

Very happy with this dryer!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
MelN

MelNSydney

Love This Dryer!

SiemensHome AUSiemens

Res M.

Res M.asked

I changed my dryer recently. I used to have an ASKO model for 10 years. I bought this tumble dryer. It is much noisier than ASKO. This noise for Siemens is normal. I am very disappointed.

Lincoln

I never noticed the noise, but it's in a separate laundry for us. I'll be buying an Asko next time.

Cate8

Sorry I've necver used an Asko but I don't find my Siemens noisy at all - but I only have an old Hoover dryer to compare it to and it is in a different room.

Hi Res,
Thanks for the comment regarding your Siemens dryer.
This appliance should be at a level of 64dB, we don't know if you have any way of measuring this but a service call would be needed to determine if there is actually a fault.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards,
Siemens Home Australia

Bridget M

Bridget Masked

we have just installed this dryer but it is not actually "drying" our clothes. Is this normal?? I am used to items from dryers coming out dry enough to fold & put away but even when I select cupboard dry on my settings I am finding my laundry still feels damp.

DeeM

If cupboard dry isn't working you can try fine adjust, which will add time in various increments to the selected program. Or, what I usually do is select warm, then hit the plus on the "finish in" button and this will add time to the initial warm 20min cycle in 10min increments. This should get the clothes dry, but beware as the warm cycle has no sensor it can overheat your clothes! My go to is either 1.5hr or 2hr depending on weight in the dryer.
I've also noticed some of the selected programs like cottons will dry clothes pretty well if I've adjusted to cupboard dry and added fine adjust. Perhaps it works better with more weight? Who knows ...

Julie

Julieasked

Does it spin both ways during a cycle?

Hi Julie,
Thanks for your question regarding your Siemens WT47W580AU Dryer.
The drum oscillates one way, in a clockwise direction during a cycle.
The softWave paddles with textile care structure assist with reducing creasing.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 167 425 to discuss further.

Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

Hello Julie,
The answer to your question is clockwise only, for me it still dose a great job for my washing!
Hope that helps

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives