Silit Sicomatic T-Plus

Silit Sicomatic T-Plus Questions & Answers

14 questions from our users

Lia Jasked

Hi, my Stilit, leaks a little water from under the lids, near the handle, I have replaced the seal and it is still happening, does anyone know f this is OK to happen?

Valerie P.

Valerie P.asked

Looking for a sealing cap for Sicomatic t plus ??Where can I purchase this?

Lia J

I got my new seal on Amazon Australia, about $34 including delivery..

Geok Hoon T

Geok Hoon Tasked

I wish to use my Silit Sicomatic pot as a normal stew pot without using the pressure function. Can anyone advise how to do it?

Just leave the switch at '0' mark, and the pressure should not build up

Margaret

Margaretasked

I am looking for a new rubber ring for my silit 6.5 ltr pressure cooker - any suggestions?

Ed lee

Ed leeasked

My pot has cool down but I m unable to unlocked it. The button cannot be push to open. Please help

AYam

Has the knob gone down? If the pressure is still there in the pot, it is not possible to force the pot open.

Tasha

Tashaasked

Hi. I've had a silit sicomatic pressure cooker 30 years ago. I don't know what model it is but it has a red valve underside of the lid and pressure dial knob with 2 marks, "I" in the left and "II" on the right. It has a rectangular knob to unlock the lid. Initially it worked very well with no problems whatsoever. I used it for the first time after 10 years and had difficulty closing the lid. Then when pressure reached my whole kitchen got sprayed with soup and soup overflowed from the steam hole!!! The stove was a mess as well as my dining chairs and floor!!! I thought the gasket must be faulty so ordered a new silit online. Got it yesterday and tried to cook again today - same problem, whole kitchen was a mess as well as my daughter got sprayed too as she was passing by when without warning the soup escaped through the steam release hole!!! Please advice what could be the problem?

Fili
Fili

I have been using silit for like a month now. Everyday. I don't have this problem. I read the silit book before i use it. It is stated to check the rubber seal and also to check the pressure hole, if it's blocked by food, u need to unblock it.

reto
reto

How much soup did you fill into the pot?
Maximum is 2/3, depending on the ingredients max even down to 1/2 of the volume of the pot.

If you don't reduce heat prior to reaching the desired pressure it would be normal that the operating valve releases steam when reaching the desired pressure (which is a safe thing, as long as you then reduce the heat so that you don't lose too much water), but normally this should only be steam from the upper part of the pot and no soup.

From the manual:
The following rules apply for soups and stews:
-- Bring frothing foodstuffs like e.g. pulses and boiled
meat to the boil with the lid off and skim off
thoroughly before closing the pressure cooker.
-- Release steam or cool down gradually and very
slowly.
-- Select setting 2 with the slide control for pulses but
cook on a low heat.

Perhaps you should try first only with water to see if the desired pressure is reached and to see if steam is only released after reaching the working pressure. There is a pressure indicator.

Mui

Muiasked

I just bought a Silit. When the pressure is building up, some steam and air bubbles leak from the side of the handle not from the front relieve valve. When I see the second ring on the pressure indicator, I try to lower the fire but the pressure soon will go down and I have to turn the fire up until I see a little bit of steam from the relieve valve in order to keep the pressure of cooker. Is my Silit normal?

Flipstar

Mine is doing the same. Would like an answer too.

Flipstar

Mine is doing the same. Would like an answer too.

Jacqui
Jacqui

Mine is very hit and miss with holding pressure. It mostly just hisses and drips water out of the side. I clean as per instructions, but it's been doing it since new, only a year or so old. When I turn it up to get to pressure, I've burnt the dinner...several times. Very disappointed

Faith

Faithasked

I have a fair bit of trouble getting my cooker to gain pressure. Sometimes it works seemlessly and other times its a real pain. Has anyone else had this problem ?

Mem

Hi Faith. Because it has a large capacity it seems to take longer to gain pressure. I had the same pressure issues initially and found adding more vegetables/meat and water/stock, set on 2, it reaches pressure easily. I now cook larger quantities and freeze the extra. Hope this helps.

Greg

Hello Faith , these cookers work under high pressue, so make sure your seals are ok. Thoroughly inspect and clean the main rubber seal and the lid to ensure no food particles have lodged anywhere. Next have a look at the pressure valve on the lid and give that a good rinse. If it still doesn't hold pressure then return it to the place of purchase. Remember, you're working with high pressures so if there is still any doubt return it.
Regards Greg

Dizzy

Dizzyasked

Hi, I'm new to pressure cookers and interested in purchasing a really good one but to confuse things more, I have just realised that there are two types - over the flame/cook top or electric, so my question is: which of these two types is the better one to purchase and then which is the best one of that type? It's a huge amount of money to pay so I guess I don't want to get it wrong. Regards, Dizzy

Athina
Athina

Never tried the electric one so I can't express any opinion about it. I recently bought the Silit sciomatic T-Plus and I'm very happy with this pressure cooker. Becasue I'm so happy I bought as presents for my two daughters to use. With the slit I would recommend to fry seal the meat in another pan and then use the silit, use minimu liquids and cookds perfect in minimum time

Greg

Hello Dizzy. There are alot of pressue cookers, but the reason I chose the Silit is because it is german technology, and it is mechanical. There are no electronic devices. A gas fire is best to cook over because you can regulate it more. I find the simple things are the best.
Warm regards, Greg

VincentvanGogh
VincentvanGogh

The other thing with stovetop models is they're easier for brown things (which gives you more flavour). They also are designed to cook at a higher temperature, which in turn cuts your cooking time substantially.

Andy Jancik

Andy Jancikasked

Mine has scratches on the inside and outside after cleaning it with a sponge.
This should be "cut and scratch-proof"? Is this normal or did I get a lemon?

Judith

Hi, this does not sound normal..mine seems scratch proof (although I also only use plastic utensils and clean it with a sponge).

Mem

Presuming you didn't use an abrasive scourer, it shouldn't have happened. I was initially disappointed that after first use I couldn't remove some food stains from my Silit and returned it to the store for replacement under warranty however the store owner used a 'microfibre eraser' and was eventually able to remove the marks. Now I use an ordinary kitchen scourer/sponge for the inside without issue. On the outside I clean with a soft sponge so that I don't scratch it.

chawthorn

I have just had a look at mine. No scratches. I can't understand how that would happen. I have found the finish of this product , very good. After cooking, l fill with soapy water, then use nylon scourer. I have found it easy to clean. I am not overly careful when using it as everything is cut up before it goes into pot. Its really only cooking, stirring and serving . This pot is more than capable to cope with that.Try contacting the Sillit people for advise.

Bettyasked

How do I clean the transparent valve on my silit pressure cooker?

Judith

Hi, i just used a tooth brush and detergent- rightly or wrongly! :) It seems to do the trick.

Betty

Thanks. I'll give that a try!

chawthorn

I just wash in the sink. Hot soapy water. I haven't done anything extra special & no problems .

Lisaasked

I am new to pressure cooker. Just bought a Silit. How do you remove the transparent operating valve? Do you have to clean it every time after cooking? I did try and it did not come off? Thanks. Lisa

Judith

Hi Lisa, I only removed it after about a year of use. By then, the cooker refused to build up any pressure. Maybe try every 10th time? It was tricky, I just kept wiggling it gently until it suddenly came off. It looked clean but I scrubbed it with an old toothbrush under the tap. Works like new again. Good luck. :)

Toia

Toiaasked

What are the negatives with this pressure cooker? I've heard that the lid can malfunction which causes the unit to release steam and not build pressure.

Judith

Hi- this did happen just recently! Cleaning the 'transparent operating valve' fixed it..not that I could see any visible debris, but it works perfectly well now.

Mike
Mike

I have found no negatives at all with this product so far. Obviously clean the parts on a regular basis to keep everything functioning properly. We use our PC on a daily basis some days even two or three times and it is excellent. I would recommend this unit to anyone.

chawthorn

There aren't to many things that can go wrong with this. Wash in sink after using, paying attention to inside lid. So, heat up pressure cooker to temp. with high flame or element, then transfer P/cooker to smaller element/flame to gently maintain temp. The lid has a relief valve which will open spontaneously if p/cooker gets to hot. It is a safety mechanism.

Anne Thomas

Anne Thomasasked

I have just bought one and I know it is well made but R finding it cooks in less time than what the recipe says.Also a little confused as to how much liquid to use?

DW
DW

I've only ever used it to cook Goat in and my recipe states normal cooking time is around 3-4 hours... and this pressure cooker cooks it in under 60mins. With lid on, I cook meat for 45mins and then let the steam out and cook for another 25mins or less on low to absorb liquid. I agree with you in one never really knows now much liquid to put in. It's a bit like using a bomb in the kitchen. My hubby hates using pressure cookers for this exact reason. I always feel save putting in half a cup of stock at the start as this turns into gravy quickly quickly after the lid has been removed. Hope that helps.

chawthorn

I find stewing beef like chuck takes about 30min. beef cheeks 45min, oxtail 45 min, pork belly pieces (Yum) 25 min, then can crisp in oven. Minimum fluid is about 3/4 cup. I use up to 2 cups. You can always bring back up to pressure for another 5-10 min if not quiet soft enough. You can also remove the meat to reduce the liquid down. At this time you could add vegetables. Note: this cooking method can extract a lot of fat which will rise to the surface. So in perfect situation, cool on stove and lift off fat. Write your perfect meat times in book. So can full enjoy this marvellous cooker.

Get an answer from our members and Silit representatives