4.0 from 1,517 reviews

179 questions from our users

Neil

Neilasked

Simonds

Hi I moved into my Simonds Home 3 months ago and am still waiting to get my faults fixed . Oil stain on the floorboards. Missing shelf in vanity Leaking gutter Paint on kitchen cupboards still has blue tabs from inspector Plaster has been repaired around skylights but needs painting. The address is 46 Highgate Rd Kilmore Neil Philpott 0400567521.

evpasked

Simonds

We live next door to one of the Simonds construction sights in the eastern suburbs. How do I contact someone who is willing to talk to your tradesmen about blaring heavy metal music from 7 am? I realise that noise restrictions lift at this time, but the lack of care for the surrounding families is astounding. This morning I asked to turn the noise down and was told, "it's after 7 am we can do what we want". Not a great ambassador for Simonds.

Hi evp,

Are you able to please provide us with the address of the construction site in reference and we will do everything we can to try and ensure respect is being given to all homes bordering the location.

Thank you for raising with our Simonds team.

evp

We live in Tyrrell Street, Mont Albert North. The tradesmen in question may have been brikkies getting the site ready for the brick laying to start (they were moving bricks around the property). They have not been back since the day of the music so it’s been nice and quiet around here. Thanks for responding.

Farishaasked

Simonds

I would like to know who I can put a complain to and how can i get an outcome?
Just seems like Gallery was a waste of time as pricing was not available on the time of our visit. We have been stuck in contract process for almost 3 months and now the waiting for electrical which is a month away. Just seems like the head office really careless. I want outcomes and move quickly. Also i want are revisit to be booked in for gallery and this cant happen. You can't expected clients to make decision just on one visit. this can't be realistic. My broker has asked for a total price so our construction loan out. But this can't be given as our visit to Gallery Lauren had no idea of the prices. I just think if you work in gallery you should know what the prices are.

If this doesn't get resolved then we are walking.
This is not the first time this has happened.

Ping

I lost 5% of deposit to the first building company introduced by land seller, that closed down. So I desidered to go for a big company. I asked for the price list first, that had designs with. Then chose the pattern and colors. I didn’t visit them until couple of days before the construction started. Everything was as contract stated. I did hire a private inspector to follow each stage of building process. Maybe I was lucky that I met the good coordinator and project manager.

Farisha

Oh sounds like you had a good run. Who was the builder?

Hi Farisha,
Hope you're well, and we apologize that you have had a bad experience with the service received to date. If you can please provide your job number, we will take this up with the relevant staff/team internally and attempt to remedy the situation so that you can get the service level you expect and deserve.

Fi85

Fi85asked

Simonds

How long was it from pci to moving in?

Ping

There was a period of 2 weeks to fix the problems after PCI. Then it will be the settlement. There are still something that are not included in the building contract, needed to be done after settlement before moving in, such as fencing, landscaping.

Rizzo

Rizzoasked

Simonds

How can I get jobs to do concrete house slabs for Simonds?

Hi Rizzo,

You can check employment opportunities via our website: http://careers.simonds.com.au/cw/en/listing/
Or through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/simonds-homes/jobs/

Bij

Bijasked

Simonds

How long does it take for the ordering process to complete? Our job is currently said to be that stage.

Hi Bij,
If you can please pass through your job number I will query the relevant team and push them to confirm with you.
Thanks.

Janakaasked

Simonds

Not sure how long will it take to get the site started after gallery it took one month to contact than not much progress its been almost two months? seems like a massive delay in the process.

Hi Janaka,
If you can please let me know your job number I'll happily pass this on to the relevant internal team to see if we can get a quicker resolution.
Thanks.

Job Number: 57542,
Approvals stage completed on
16.08.18

Simonds H.Simonds

Thanks Janaka, confirming this has been passed through.

Michael P

Michael Pasked

Simonds

I was wondering what window supplier u use im in need of supplying a quote for Windows in a simmonds home for australian builders academy course kind? regards mick

Gee
Gee

Hi Mick,

The window supplier used by Simonds is Dowell.

Cheers

TKasked

Hi,
I am dealing with Simmonds at this moment and need to know what all are precautions I can take prior to signing a contract. I am unable to work on their pricing on certain items like Same Ducted cost $15K with every other builder and Simmonds is $20K plus. Same issue in many other items. Any suggestions?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi TK, can you please let us know who your current consultant is and where you are based so we can look into this for you? Thanks.

TK

I am meeting with your staff tomorrow and if I am not convinced with the overall estimate - I will disclose all issues here so you can help me after. For now, I am giving it a genuine chance to correct all issues.

Khush

Khushasked

Simonds

Just wondering how long it will take for you guys to make quotes ready after galary appointment and start time really worrying alot

Hi Khush,
Thanks for contacting Simonds Homes. Can you please provide your job number so we can forward this onto the relevant team? Thanks.

Raj

Rajasked

Simonds

Hi Guys, does anyone know if simonds express home come with alfresco or patio ? I have recently signed Rathdowne but then realized it doesn't have alfresco/patio on my sitting .

Hi Raj,

Deepak

Deepakasked

Simonds

Hi I bought land in manor lake but my neighbour soil throw my land I said it’s ur soil those worker yes but supervisor said it’s small builder throw.i complaint where please help me.

Hi Deepak,
Can you please provide your address or job number so we can investigate this further for you? Thanks.

Mish

Mishasked

Simonds

Michele my hot wayer panels have been installed wrong what can i do?

Hi Mish,
Thanks for contacting Simonds Homes and we are sorry to hear about the inconveniences. Can you please provide your job number so we can forward this onto the relevant team? Thanks.

Col Wasked

Simonds

They are building next door and from what i have seen in there work practices i would be concerned about their quality.
Half the frame was constructed on a Sunday between 730am and 630pm, tools and acinery operating all day.
Whilst pouring the slab, they splashed conrete over our paths. left scrap building materials over ours and other other adjoining properties.
did not provde skip for rubbish unill weeks into the build, the frame was complete an building rubbish piled up even for weeks after skip in place.
roofers used our driveway and paths to access property covering everything in mud.
bricks stacked along our propery line on our land, then two pallet of bricks placed on our front yard blocking our letterbox, no room on the build site front due to rubbish.
contacted builder to discuss and was told i would be contacted by supervisor, no contact, situation ignored.
i will never use his builder, knowing this is how they work i would not trust them.
is this normal for this builder?

Hi Col,
We are sorry to hear about all these inconveniences. Can you maybe provide an exact address so we can forward this onto the supervisor? Thanks.

Col W

Have talked with the supervisor, so far no improvement, but i will give them a few more days before i consider legal action.

A.T

A.Tasked

Simonds

Why do you charge 500$ for just the initial plan and quote?. It gets hard to justify, as other builders are happy to give you initial quote and plan designs with few changes.

Sammy

Sammyasked

Simonds

Hi, I am looking to build in Mitchell Shire in Victoria. Has anyone else built there with Simonds? Keen to see if the build quality will be good?

Emma

Emmaasked

Hi,
My partner and I are in the very early stages of building a house with Simonds.
We have heard the appliances are by tecknika, which don’t have great reviews and we would prefer to have a Smeg oven. Does anyone know if this is possible? And what the process is to go about this?

narmadham

narmadhamasked

Simonds

The default kitchen appliances supported by Simonds is either Smeg/Technika. But I don’t want either of them. I am interested to have Bosch for oven, cooktop, microwave, range hood and Millie for dishwasher. Is it possible? If yes what is the procedure?

Frank L
Frank L

You’ll have to speak to Simonds about that, I can’t answer on their behalf.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Narmadham this is possible, however, please confirm which category home you are interested in buying and we will be able to assist you further as only some Bosch appliances are available.

Thank you!

Best wishes, Amanda

nam

namasked

Simonds

I am going to build my dream home with Simonds Home at Central Coast. I wonder if any one has had any good and bad information and experience with Simonds Home in Central Coast? Hope to get the helpful. Many thanks indeed! Nam

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Nam, Thanks for considering Simonds for your new home! We want to emphasise our commitment to building Australians’ dream homes and let you know that we are always here to address any questions you may have. Best wishes, Simonds

Heidi
Heidi

I am currently building with Simonds in Queensland. So far the experience has been excellent.

Jass

Jassasked

Simonds

Hi simonds can u guys do minor changes such as take one meter out from one area and add on another one -after contract done , is it free or with any cost plz reply on [email removed]

Simonds Homes
Simonds Homes

Hi Jass
Thanks for the query.
Generally speaking we can not.What you are best doing is to get in touch with your customer service officer and send through exactly what you are wanting to do.
There will be additional costs in any instance and we know your contract is signed but if these changes mean a lot to you, you need to raise it quickly with your CSO to discuss
Kind Regards
EGM

Get an answer from our members and Simonds representatives