4.1 from 1,592 reviews

187 questions from our users

Jeyasked

Misimonds is not working for me
job no 57236

Hi Jey,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We're a little unsure of your question. It would be great if you could go into a little more detail of what you are after and we can look into it further. Sorry about this!
the Simonds Team

Jey

I am getting the following error message
Your account no and password do not match
When I click 'forgot password' , system stalls on ' sending email'
It has been a month now since I logged the issue

Hi Jey,
Have you checked junk mail? Your best bet is to follow this up with your Simonds Representative who will be able to reset the account from their end faster than we will. Regardless, we will logged your request and see if we can get a resolution.
the Simonds Team

Nigs67

Nigs67asked

Going through our paperwork ( we built in Dec 2015) the niches we paid for were meant to be 370mm x 370mm - so 37cm x 37cm . Our niches are lucky to be 30cm x 30cm.
Yes we should have double checked and triple checked.
Do we have any comeback after all this time.?
I have the variation document to show thats what should have gone in.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Nigs67, if you send over your client number I can forward this on to the client service team and see if anything needs to be done.
The Simonds Team

maintenance reqiredasked

VIC, Melbourne

Who should we complain to? The maintenance team took half year to fix the pipe and then damaged my garden. After we push more than half year, then we fixed by private landscaper and sent the team a bill. Until now,we had not hear anything. What should we do?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi, Are you able to provide your name, contact number and client number and we can try and follow this up for you.
The Simonds Team

maintenance reqired

Job number 51619 client Neng Fang Tu 03-87150415. Thanks.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Neng, thanks for providing this information. We'll pass on the complaint and see what we can do to get a resolution.

Sil

Silasked

Can simonds build a house for me of my approved plans?

Venny

Vennyasked

Can anyone pls let me know bout Simonds Homes is good to build a home? I’ve seen so many bad reviews about Simonds in Victoria but I’m not sure about how bout in Sydney.

Roy Burnett

Hi Vinney I have spoken to a lot of people and they have built with other builders yes they were a bit late in starting my home but at the end of the build they did compensate me which I did not ask for I got a very nice refund which was a surprise .Everyone complains they have trouble with there builder when I think about it I had a good run besides the late start so yes I would use Simonds again because I am really happy with my home.

Scotty01

Scotty01asked

Has anyone had a fixed completion date in written into their House Building Contract?

Sheenasked

Hello, I just moved in my newly build home but found out, there are lots of waste from the builder which left behind.

For example, the broken roof tiles, broken brick, rusted nails, crushed stone, broken concrete which for the stand of the CCTV while building in process.

Wonder this is the builder responsibilty to clean up before hand over??

Hi Jason,
Please provide your job number and or a ph number we can contact you on thanks

Roy Burnett

Yes the builder is suppose to do a clean site before hand over..

evpasked

If you decide that using Simonds Homes to build your house, be prepared to earn the wrath of your neighbours. It’s just gone 7.30am on a Saturday and Not for the first time, we’ve been woken up by brick layers who like their rap and heavy metal music on as loudly as they can get it. They have no respect for the families living around the construction site and refuse to tone it down in deference to the people who have to live through the construction.

No one is going to thank you for choosing this builder!

Hello
We’d like to follow this matter up, can you provide a contact number please

0431 377 144

I have spoken to one of your staff before about this particular crew. It really hasn't seemed to help

Neil

Neilasked

Hi I moved into my Simonds Home 3 months ago and am still waiting to get my faults fixed . Oil stain on the floorboards. Missing shelf in vanity Leaking gutter Paint on kitchen cupboards still has blue tabs from inspector Plaster has been repaired around skylights but needs painting. The address is 46 Highgate Rd Kilmore Neil Philpott 0400567521.

evpasked

We live next door to one of the Simonds construction sights in the eastern suburbs. How do I contact someone who is willing to talk to your tradesmen about blaring heavy metal music from 7 am? I realise that noise restrictions lift at this time, but the lack of care for the surrounding families is astounding. This morning I asked to turn the noise down and was told, "it's after 7 am we can do what we want". Not a great ambassador for Simonds.

Hi evp,

Are you able to please provide us with the address of the construction site in reference and we will do everything we can to try and ensure respect is being given to all homes bordering the location.

Thank you for raising with our Simonds team.

evp

We live in Tyrrell Street, Mont Albert North. The tradesmen in question may have been brikkies getting the site ready for the brick laying to start (they were moving bricks around the property). They have not been back since the day of the music so it’s been nice and quiet around here. Thanks for responding.

Farishaasked

I would like to know who I can put a complain to and how can i get an outcome?
Just seems like Gallery was a waste of time as pricing was not available on the time of our visit. We have been stuck in contract process for almost 3 months and now the waiting for electrical which is a month away. Just seems like the head office really careless. I want outcomes and move quickly. Also i want are revisit to be booked in for gallery and this cant happen. You can't expected clients to make decision just on one visit. this can't be realistic. My broker has asked for a total price so our construction loan out. But this can't be given as our visit to Gallery Lauren had no idea of the prices. I just think if you work in gallery you should know what the prices are.

If this doesn't get resolved then we are walking.
This is not the first time this has happened.

Ping

I lost 5% of deposit to the first building company introduced by land seller, that closed down. So I desidered to go for a big company. I asked for the price list first, that had designs with. Then chose the pattern and colors. I didn’t visit them until couple of days before the construction started. Everything was as contract stated. I did hire a private inspector to follow each stage of building process. Maybe I was lucky that I met the good coordinator and project manager.

Farisha

Oh sounds like you had a good run. Who was the builder?

Hi Farisha,
Hope you're well, and we apologize that you have had a bad experience with the service received to date. If you can please provide your job number, we will take this up with the relevant staff/team internally and attempt to remedy the situation so that you can get the service level you expect and deserve.

Fi85

Fi85asked

How long was it from pci to moving in?

Ping

There was a period of 2 weeks to fix the problems after PCI. Then it will be the settlement. There are still something that are not included in the building contract, needed to be done after settlement before moving in, such as fencing, landscaping.

Rizzo

Rizzoasked

How can I get jobs to do concrete house slabs for Simonds?

Hi Rizzo,

You can check employment opportunities via our website: http://careers.simonds.com.au/cw/en/listing/
Or through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/simonds-homes/jobs/

Bij

Bijasked

How long does it take for the ordering process to complete? Our job is currently said to be that stage.

Hi Bij,
If you can please pass through your job number I will query the relevant team and push them to confirm with you.
Thanks.

Janakaasked

Not sure how long will it take to get the site started after gallery it took one month to contact than not much progress its been almost two months? seems like a massive delay in the process.

Hi Janaka,
If you can please let me know your job number I'll happily pass this on to the relevant internal team to see if we can get a quicker resolution.
Thanks.

Job Number: 57542,
Approvals stage completed on
16.08.18

Simonds H.Simonds

Thanks Janaka, confirming this has been passed through.

Michael P

Michael Pasked

I was wondering what window supplier u use im in need of supplying a quote for Windows in a simmonds home for australian builders academy course kind? regards mick

Gee
Gee

Hi Mick,

The window supplier used by Simonds is Dowell.

Cheers

TKasked

Hi,
I am dealing with Simmonds at this moment and need to know what all are precautions I can take prior to signing a contract. I am unable to work on their pricing on certain items like Same Ducted cost $15K with every other builder and Simmonds is $20K plus. Same issue in many other items. Any suggestions?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi TK, can you please let us know who your current consultant is and where you are based so we can look into this for you? Thanks.

TK

I am meeting with your staff tomorrow and if I am not convinced with the overall estimate - I will disclose all issues here so you can help me after. For now, I am giving it a genuine chance to correct all issues.

Khush

Khushasked

Just wondering how long it will take for you guys to make quotes ready after galary appointment and start time really worrying alot

Hi Khush,
Thanks for contacting Simonds Homes. Can you please provide your job number so we can forward this onto the relevant team? Thanks.

Raj

Rajasked

Hi Guys, does anyone know if simonds express home come with alfresco or patio ? I have recently signed Rathdowne but then realized it doesn't have alfresco/patio on my sitting .

Hi Raj,

Deepak

Deepakasked

Hi I bought land in manor lake but my neighbour soil throw my land I said it’s ur soil those worker yes but supervisor said it’s small builder throw.i complaint where please help me.

Hi Deepak,
Can you please provide your address or job number so we can investigate this further for you? Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Simonds representatives