TAS, WA, NSW, etc...

1.5

Golden Girl

Golden GirlMelbourne

Fraud - Beware

Same as all the other reviews...Booked the clean via email, was sent the invoice and asked to pay to secure the booking. Paid the invoice and immediately the website was shut down, emails started bouncing back, no phone number provided. Have reported to ACCC, Police, NSW Fair Trading, my bank, her bank... seems like it's a bit futile. Would be useful to share information with each other about what action we've taken and any details we have about the culprit just in case class action lawsuit is ever an option.

Scammer alert

This nasty piece of work scammed me. Paid up front via bank deposit and then the cleaners never arrived. Argued with her for days stating she was dodgy and all she could come back with was that she will transfer the money back -250$ which is cancellation fee - still waiting 1 week later. She will state that its not her problem we won't allow "cleaners" to the house to get away with it. Police and channel seven and lawyers and bank have been contacted. Hopefully something will come out of this as she deserves to pay for all the people she is ripping off on a daily basis!!! STAY AWAY.

Emma
    Emma

Hey - just wondering if you have gotten anything out of this?? I am still trying to do everything in my poweer to shut this lady down - her website is all new and fresh for new peiple to be caught. So sad :(

Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not use this company

Just been scanned by this company, paid them upfront for the clean, they even contacted me the day before to confirm where I will be leaving the keys even though they had my money and had no intention of doing the job. I have now contacted their bank and current affair I am also going to the police tomorrow. I please urge everyone else to contact current affair as the more people that complain we might together get justice. Thanks!

Scam Site!!!

This woman just scammed me out of $550 for a bond clean I booked online. I have been advised by my bank that she has been reported for fraud and paid a fine previously however her account is still active. How St George Bank has not cancelled her account is beyond me! Absolute disgrace.

Scam Artist Fraudulent Practices Beware

Paid $718 in advance, arranged for end of lease clean, arrived this afternoon an no clean had been done, emails have stopped being replied to. Checked online and now I am aware this is a scam. Won't stop now until they pay for this. This woman has already been fined for fraud, why she isn't in jail is beyond me. Robbing honest, hard working people.

Scam!

Scam Scam Scam

I organised them to turn up and paid. They didn't.
    I keep emailing them and they keep promising someone would turn up, they even texted me pretending to be a cleaner on their way.
    It is all lies.
    I have reported this company to scam watch, ACORN, Consumer Affairs the lot.
    Never ever ever use this company!!!

I plan to take them to court. I recommend everyone else do it too!

Stop letting this scammer get away with stealing your money.

Fraud

Terrible! I wish I read these reviews before paying these idiots. After payment, no one showed up, had to extend my lease and order another cleaning company. Blunt refusal to refund any money, terribly unprofessional. Paid $450 for nothing...

Kenni

KenniMelbourne

Do not use this company!!

Do not use this company – they do not do what they say and will take your money anyhow. The morning of the clean, my husband waited at the unit but no one showed up. I went to call the company but no number was listed online. They left us completely in the lurch. Now Simple Cleans are refusing to refund our money even though they had no one there in time to do the work. Reading similar experience of other customers this seems to be a consistent manner of operating. Our advice is AVOID!

Ashlee

AshleeBrisbane

Fraud!

Much the same as the review below, absolutely horrendous! after payment was made they completed the job. They advised as per their Terms and Conditions they will not refund... go figure.

I have taken them to fair trading and of course there was no resolution as they did not respond, I am in the process of taking this further as well as fair trading having their own investigation into the company.

I would never recommend this company and I am positive it will only be a matter of time before it is shut down and the company will have the answer for scamming everyday people.

Scam - absolutely terrible

Terrible service, never showed on the agreed date, and the same on the re-negotiated date, nothing was cleaned and we provided a report with photos etc from the real estate company that complied with Simple Clean's terms and conditions, nothing was rectified and they are now no longer responding after I sort a refund.

Am going to report them to Fair trading and consider my options.

if it was possible to give less than 1 star, I would.

DRSW

DRSWBungendore

Please take them to court!!

I booked and paid in full for a Bond Clean including carpets and windows. No cleaner showed up, but they tried to claim they had and couldn't gain access so would only provide a partial refund. I went to Fair Trading, they have no power to enforce refund. So, I took them to court. Of course they were a no-show (I doubt they are even in Australia) so tribunal ruled in my favour ordering them to pay up. Of course they didn't pay up so I had to progress to a court order to garnish their bank account. Yes, it's a hassle and a stuff around, but DO IT!! DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH ROBBING HONEST AUSTRALIANS!!!!!

BB1

BB1

Scam plain and simple

Sheils

SheilsBrisbane

Absolute scam - never use simple cleans

Scam!!! Do not use

Disgusting, awful people! Just looking to get your money and stuff you around. They ask for money up front and then don't turn up, and are uncontactable. They then act as though they did eventually come but door was locked so provide no refunds. Heartbreaking to lose that much money, and to know you've been taken advantage of.

lewis

lewisDarwin

Do Not Book Simple Cleans - Scam

Scammers never showed and will not refund

Do not book. Booked them in Brisbane for a bond clean. Never showed, stopped replying to emails and would not refund our money. Would not provide a contact number, were booked for the Friday did not show then said they mixed up the dates and would be there on the Saturday night again never showed and then stopped replying to emails. I have reported to Fair Trading and will also be contacting A Current Affair.

KLB

KLBACT

Never use this company

Scammers

Booked a house Clean and Carpet Clean ($579). After payment no confirmation and no show. Contacted via email, they claimed the agreement was to leave keys in letter box, when I requested a cancellation and refund, response to emails ceased. No refund. Had to pay another $430 for someone else to clean the house. If only I had seen these other posts before paying for these dodgy guys. Lesson Learnt.
    Have lodged a complaint with QLD Fair Trading, also looking at other legal options to pursue.

Shay e63asked

Simple Cleans

Has this happened to anyone in Perth? Had a clean booked for today, paid and provided proof of payment as requested, no show and now no contact. Wish I'd seen this post earlier, keys to be handed in tomorrow afternoon so not even sure I can find someone to do the carpet clean, pest control and end of lease clean in time.

Sue
    Sue

This is not an answer, I am just wondering what the outcome was? Thanks in advance

Donny07
    Donny07

has anything came about this I'm yet another one that has been ripped off with this company

Shay e63

I went to consumer affairs, I kept all emails from the company and they blatantly lied to consumer affairs about turning up and cleaning, which they never did. Changed their story a couple of times. They are a complete scam. I only managed to get half my money back.

Jmt

Jmtasked

Simple Cleans

Anyone managed to get this company's contact details?

Dylan
    Dylan

We are having the same issues with them here in Brisbane. Have not replied to emails and the property managers and ourselves are not satisfied with the clean as many things were left untouched. I would highly suggest listing a contact number as it is in poor business ethics to leave customers in these situations.

Louise Nikki
    Louise Nikki

Simple Cleans is a scam and the more people that complain to the Office of trading and Consumer affairs within the state the better. Also report them on ACORN. Pretty certain it is the same person on the NT Scam Watch and they have resurfaced as this company. I did get a mobile number out of them, but not much good as it goes straight to a message and does not get answered.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

we were given a phone number by one of the workers, of course no answer and no reply.
    Best thing to do is lodge complaint with ACORN ACCC and fair trading , and let them investigate.
    Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. READ THE ABOVE COMMENTS AND DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE EXPECIALLY BRISBANE

Get an answer from our members and Simple Cleans representatives