Simply Travel Insurance - International

1.8

Karen Dumma

Karen Dumma

Very disappointed

Booked holiday travel insurance prior to pandemic and due to travel ban unable to take holiday
Simply Travel Insurance would not refund
Many other companies have refunded their customers
Would never recommend and very disappointed at paying for a service unable to use

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Shocking service - never use this company

This was hopeless, I paid comp insurance but wilth the pandemic nothing was covered. I have been trying by phone, email and website to contact Simply Travel Insurance to get a refund but I have not been able to make contact at all. They will not cover my travel cancellation but refuse to even communicate and have a discussion about the premium despite giving zero insurance. Ultimately useless insurance, useless communication and do not use this company

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Missing in Action

March 2020: Poor, poor, poor service. They basically stopped answering calls during the COVID-19 pandemic. I paid for a travel policy and due to COVID-19 I was not longer able to travel, I have tried to cancel my policy and get a refund by calling but they were MIA (missing in action) not answering calls. I also emailed them and still did not get a response. It appears they have received my email as I included a read receipt, and today I received a "not read" response. This is a very poor response.
June 2020: I have since received a positive response from Simply Travel Insurance and have been dealing with a lovely person named Simon. He was unaware of the way I was treated and was very apologetic and I respect that.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Travel Insurance

Find out how Simply Travel Insurance - International compares to other Travel Insurance

Peter

PeterFar North Queensland, QLD

Fighting to get my claim paid

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

nbmollerAU

I've made 3 claims over 3 years , never the slightest problem with payment

I buy a frequent traveler policy each year, I have made 2 small claims, one delayed luggage, one damaged luggage and one trip cancellation. The 2 small claims were paid within a week the trip cancellation took a fortnight. Easy to deal with. Definitely not the cheapest policy on the market, but when I needed to make a claim they were very quick to respond

DestinationAntarctica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeYes