Domestic, International

3.1

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (2)

Horrendous! Avoid!

Dishonest, verging on fraudulent.

I called to cancel my policy during a cooling off period and was talked out of it by a salesperson, who promised it could be applied to any other trip I took in the next 12 months. Fast forward 9 months and they won’t respond to emails or calls now that I’ve rebooked travel. When I finally got through to a claims person they told me they couldn’t help me and took a message. Surprise, no call back.

Avoid!

Kat Oliver

Kat OliverVictoria

More interest in your money than doing the right thing. Avoid!

Karen Dumma

Karen Dumma

Very disappointed

Booked holiday travel insurance prior to pandemic and due to travel ban unable to take holiday
Simply Travel Insurance would not refund
Many other companies have refunded their customers
Would never recommend and very disappointed at paying for a service unable to use

Travel Insurance

Find out how Simply Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Shocking service - never use this company

This was hopeless, I paid comp insurance but wilth the pandemic nothing was covered. I have been trying by phone, email and website to contact Simply Travel Insurance to get a refund but I have not been able to make contact at all. They will not cover my travel cancellation but refuse to even communicate and have a discussion about the premium despite giving zero insurance. Ultimately useless insurance, useless communication and do not use this company

Missing in Action

March 2020: Poor, poor, poor service. They basically stopped answering calls during the COVID-19 pandemic. I paid for a travel policy and due to COVID-19 I was not longer able to travel, I have tried to cancel my policy and get a refund by calling but they were MIA (missing in action) not answering calls. I also emailed them and still did not get a response. It appears they have received my email as I included a read receipt, and today I received a "not read" response. This is a very poor response.
June 2020: I have since received a positive response from Simply Travel Insurance and have been dealing with a lovely person named Simon. He was unaware of the way I was treated and was very apologetic and I respect that.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

PeterFar North Queensland, QLD

Fighting to get my claim paid

ben

benSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sneaky

I felt it was good value at the time of purchase. That was until I had to make a claim. They seem to have a clause for everything to avoid paying you, which is not easily accessible when purchasing the insurance. Denied a claim when my camera was stolen out of my checked in bag, because guess what? They have a clause for that! Thanks for nothing!

Customer Service R.Simply Travel Insurance
Pip

PipHobart, TAS

Who fills in paper forms these days?

I went through the long process of providing personal and travel details. Got to the pre-existing medical conditions to discover I needed to complete a paper form and submit it for assessment. This is so old hat. These days assessments are mostly done online.

Insurance claim madeNo
See all Simply Travel Insurance reviews

Johnasked

Simply Travel Insurance

Am I covered if the airline changes schedule or cancels the flight due to Virus issues?

Peter

If you have travel insurance prior to being declared a travel warning but if you take out after may not be covered

Thanks for clarification!

Graham Y

Graham Yasked

Simply Travel Insurance

Do you have a multi-trip policy that covers overseas and domestic travel - e.g. a walking trip in Spain coupled with a private tour in Algeria and another trip on the Ghan to Darwin and aship to Broome with connecting flights

nbmoller
nbmoller

Yes I take an annual policy without the ski optiom, world wide cover

Carmel Campbell

Carmel Campbellasked

Simply Travel Insurance

In the case of illness, is it possible to have a companion travel with me?

See all Simply Travel Insurance questions

Accidental Death$25,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot Included$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $2,000$2,000Not Included$2,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot CoveredNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Credit Card Fraud cover
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $7,500$7,500Not Included$7,500