Simpson EZIset SWT6541

Simpson EZIset SWT6541 Questions & Answers

SWT6541 (White), SWT6541M (Black)

36 questions from our users

Ripinder S.

Ripinder S.asked

EZIset SWT6541 (White)

My machine has all lights flashing with the SP error and doesn't work, gives LD and SP errors on start button press.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Catherine M.

Catherine M.asked

Why the mother board is blinking?

Travis Mackay

Travis Mackayasked

Machine Panay board blinks and it wont start

georgie

Try switching it off at power point. Then turn it back on and reset machine to desired wash cycle. Make sure your washing isn't unbalanced. If this doesn't work call the place you bought it from or call Simpson direct.

Deb A

Deb Aasked

I have a ezi set 5.5 kg washing machine...the panel has gone blank how do I fix this

georgie

Have you turned it off at the power point and then restarted it? This is what I had to do when half way through a cycle it stopped and the panel was flashing and I couldn't get it to continue. It also meant I had to do the whole cycle again. Contact the store you got it from or Simpson if you don't have any luck with turning off at power point and turning it back on..

mias

miasasked

5.5 make keeps emptying water whilst machine is filling up, when the cycle is started.
So the tub ends up empty of water

Glen L

Glen Lasked

What is efo

"Too much suds causing
motor temperature
overload." From the manual on the troubleshooting page.

Robert P.

Robert P.asked

EZIset SWT6541 (White)

There is a loud metalic clunking noise on the first wash cycle. It goes after that cycle and continues perfectly. Is there a need for a service or is this normal? The machine is 6 months out of warranty

Marion

Mine clunks massively too. I bought the sound muffling mat and put it under it. That helps the neighbours a bit.

Cadagiasked

how to disconnect the 'lid not closing' sensor, which is itself faulty

Same here.

Heemi P.
Heemi P.

Did you find out how to do it or fix the problem

Cadagi

no, where is the answer !

Cadagiasked

meaning of SP, or 5P code

Debbie P.

Debbie P.asked

When I close the lid all the functions start flashing. When lid is opened all functions are ready to go. What could be the problem

Cathrine

That is the same problem I am experiencing. There is no error code though

William Z.

Same here and don't know what to do

Simone B.
Simone B.

Same here

Breasy H.

Breasy H.asked

What is the LD error?
My machine is flashing lights and makes a clicking noise! What do I do?! I need my washer I have two kids

Hi Breasy. There is no error code . I also have the clicking

William Z.

Same here and when I open up the lid, all functions are ready to go!

Kirsty G.

Kirsty G.asked

We just bought this washing machine, have installed and attempted to do two loads of washing with liquid detergent and a fabric softner however the clothes are still smelling dirty. Can someone please confirm the correct place to put these, we’ve attempted down the middle shute.

Doug H.asked

EZIset SWT6541 (White)

When i turn on my machine all the lights flash and there is a clicking noise. I cannot start the cycle with the start button. Any advice to reset the machine?

Alicia

Sorry I’ve never had this happen and I’m unsure on how to reset machine

Adyn d.
Adyn d.

I am having the same issue with the same machine. Any luck Doug?

Hi Adyn and Alicia,
The Simpson "support" desk say they don't have a single technical person in their organisation who has ANY product knowledge to help!
They don't even put the phone aside and ask anyone!
Their solution is to send out a technician for $145 upfront plus parts plus labor after the first hour plus conditions on any further callouts if they don't have the right part with them. Disgraceful.
I still have the machine and the problem and hope someone can help so I can pass this dud on to a friend but i bit the bullet and bought a great Fischer and Paykel machine.
Simpson will never grace my shopping trolley again.

Teecee

Teeceeasked

EZIset SWT6541 (White)

How do you change the washing time to make it shorter?

Alicia

It all depends on the water level and the soak time. And also the rinse option. There’s also a fast wash Instead of just regular wash

Fired Up
Fired Up

Check the manual first

Kaykay99

Kaykay99asked

EZIset SWT6541M (Black)

The electronics have gone in my machine, It's 7 years old now, Sadly this will be the 3rd repair in less than 3 years on the machine if we decide to get it repaired,
Is it really worth getting it fixed?

Alicia

Oh wow 3 repairs in 3 years!
Personally myself I’d be just putting the money that’d go on repairs towards a new machine

Just grab a new one

Ramona

Ramonaasked

Touchpad problem! I have been gently pressing the buttons to change options and activate on my 1year w/machine. Now I have to apply a bit of pressure on the finger when pressing the buttons to change options... Sometimes it works other times it dosent . Any solution fom anyone please will be much appreciated?

suzley

Seems to be a problem with the touchpad. I put everything I want in and then get the error message. Have to turn off at the powerpoint, turn on again and start programming again. Irritating, but works.

Craig

Craigasked

My 6.5kg Simpson fills with water then switch’s it’s self off , can anyone help?

suzley

I thought that at first, but it fills up and then waits long enough for you to think it's not working, and then starts. At least that's what mine does.

suzleyasked

EZIset SWT6541 (White)

How do I change water level once program has started? EG from medium to high?

Robert

Do not touch anything except the power on /off switch, the machine the machine will stop now the lid lock will release so if you wished you could add extra items if you wanted but now you can alter the water level with the lid closed simply turn the power back onn and the machine will sence the altered water level and resume to fill to the new level
Good luck
But never force any function

royboy

royboyasked

the time remaining i presume is jn mjnutes,but this machines 1 minute equates to 2 minutes actual time.is there a problem ? it is a 5'5kg top loader eziset

Hi,

Even though the cycle time looks to be HH:MM it's actually in units. so when we select a wash cycle it calculates the duration of the wash in Units. And yes, nothing to worry. its not a problem.

PamM

PamMasked

Every program I select keeps coming up with EFO. Any ideas?

CJAY

Normally, the error EFO is related to not enough hot water coming into the tub. If problem persist, I would suggest checking with a technician.

Robert

I would love to help but have not come across this problem i can only suggest you contact Simpson in your manual if you still have it but they would be the people to talk to sorry

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives