Simpson EZIset SWT6541

Simpson EZIset SWT6541 (page 2 of 4)

SWT6541 (White), SWT6541M (Black)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

The Batman

The Batman

1 month after warranty is up, BANG.

This has been an easy to use machine and doesn't have any bells and whistles (which I didn't want in the first place) however machine now won't even turn on, It tries to, but it shuts down in less than half a second... hmm... check the warranty and... it ran out a month ago. How convenient for the retail industry... Never again Electrolux... bye now...

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Dave VL

Dave VLSydney, NSW

Super quiet and simple and cheap and light!

Positive : Very simple to use, looks clean and neat, very light, I love the plastic lid compared to my old steel one. Most important it is quite quiet.At the time of purchase it came with free detergent.
Negative: does get dirty quite easy, and is a bit expensive when i got it compared to now.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Harry

Harrykilburn s. a.

My wife`s satisfaction and praise

The machine washes and rinses perfectlyand doesn`t wear out clothes.The machine is reasonably quiet.The controls are easy to read and simple to operateThere are so many settings on it you can`t go wrong,just set and forget.The lint collecter works a treat and the drawer for the washing powder makes it easy to put the exact amount in.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

I love this washer!

Have had this for 3 weeks and love it! It's VERY quiet (even on spin cycle) which is great 'cos I live in a unit. It's compact, easy to use and has a lot of wash options. It does take longer than my last washer, but only marginally. I would recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Georgie555

Georgie555Western Australia

OK...BUT would source another machine

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Slow programs, terrible lint filter

This machine washes ok however you can grow a beard waiting for it to finish washing programs also having to manually clean out the lint filter is a pain in the butt and I suspect the filter itself won't last too long.
Before installation the purchaser has two screw on a base on the bottom of the machine and if you lay it down face first on the floor you will get a dirty great big dent in the front of your machine, mine looked new for one day.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kareena bLaunceston

Regret not researching, wouldn't have purchased

After having a simpson top loader for more years than i can remember i didn't think twice about buying another! Wish i had though, terrible quality, functions are easy to use however it often gets unbalanced and uses excess water to try balance its self, even with minimal load, i never put a big load of washing in it as i don't trust it at all! Would not recommend

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Hi Rumana
I have sent an email,
Kareena

Over It

I'm a single Mum and I work 2x jobs... And today it has taken 6x hours to wash 1x Regular load. This Machine was a present of my parents after my old SECOND HAND SHARP machine couldn't fit in my laundry anymore... they bought this machine BRAND NEW from Harvey Norman about 6 months ago and I've had nothing but problems... No matter what option its on it stops at 36 mins every single time displaying the E20 error... I checked the manual and followed all instructions, there is ABSOLUTELY no blockages or problems with the plumbing, I also sat there the other day to watch the timer I spent 20mins sitting there only to watch the timer only move 2 mins.

Lucia

LuciaCaringbah nsw

Easy to use cant go wrong

Bought this on appliances online at $449,6.5 kg top loader. Not only is it a cool colour but is user friendly and my clothes come out great. Has all the cycles u want and i do wash blankets in it no problem. Very quiet unit and worth every penny.
And delivery was the same week i ordered it. I am very pleased with this machine

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Peter Phillips

Peter PhillipsAshfield NSW

Lint always on clothes

Brenden Zanella

Brenden ZanellaFrankston

Fantastic Machine, couldn't ask for more

This machine has been great for our family of 6. We are able to do good size loads, on a number of different settings. We love that it has a timer for when you want to load to be finished as well as time save mode, quick wash and temperature settings. It also has a door lock to keep the kids out. I am very happy with this washing machine.

Bigsteve

BigsteveSunshine Coast

Noisy machine becomes a flooding machine.

This is a follow up review from about 1 month ago.Not long after posting this review the machine commenced flooding the laundry.Phoned Appliances On Line Customer Care who advised they would pick up and replace it with a new machine.However not wanting the replacement to be a dud like the first one I negotiated with them that I pay the extra dollars and replace it with the Fisher & Paykel MW60 6kg model. They agreed and it was delivered the next day.That's what I call customer service. As for the Simpson SWT6541 I cannot recommend buying one. The once great Australian brand looks pretty ordinary.

CATH6370

CATH6370

Rattle rattle

Wash cycle is adequate, I guess, however the machine regularly (more than any other machine I have ever owned) goes off balance, to the point of it being a major pain. However, now we have the control panel lights glitching when the lid is put down, the panel displays fine before that. I think that it may be the lid sensor, we bought the machine from the good guys on the 24/10/2015 so it should be repaired under warranty, I hope. I don't think that I will ever buy a Simpson ever again if it is not repaired under warranty as a machine should last more than 18+ months before a repair is required surely.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

qbicnchs

qbicnchsReid 2612, ACT

Great Machine no fuss operation

I bought this machine about 3 months ago and it works great. Standard wash cleans the clothes efficiently. No problems washing pillows, doonas or jumpers unlike the front loader it replaced that destroyed them even on bulky and delicate setting. If you forget to turn the taps on the machine does eventually beep to let you know to switch them on.The Simpson is quiet through all cycles
Overall very pleased with purchase, one happy bloke.

Ida m

Ida mWest Nowra NSW 2541

Waited too long to get this machine

This machine cleans clothes with full care and minimum detergent.Clothes are soft and fresh smelling.Programming is easy and able to be tailored to specific needs and time.Runs quietly and clothes are almost dry when hung on line.Have had previous Simpson machines. No complaints about performance or longevity.Able to do large wool and synthetic loads with no damage to the fabrics.Happy days! Happy customer!

Andy S.

Andy S.Sydney, NSW

Excellent top loader

I have had different washing machines before but this one cleans very well. It is quiet so I could wash at night during off peak electricity times.
I'm happy with the purchase and would recommend to anyone looking for a top loader. I've always has a top loader as it's less hassel if I need to add a couple of items during the wash cycle. Great machine!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Pete

Pete

Nice machine

This wonderful machine tells you how long its going to take to wash your cloths.
So if it's going to take too long you can adjust it to suit or just pop it on delay start and get on with your life :)
Machine is simple to use with an easy to read display
If you open the lid while its still running, you just close the lid and press the start button for it to continue doing
what ever it was doing!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Large enough for a uni student share house to share...

When I first visited the house, another size washer (& brand) was forcing students to run the old machine Twice to do a week's laundry. When they got the SWT6541, all this changed: Half the electricity & about half the water was used, as each one could a week's washing in just 1 cycle thru the larger Simpson.
I noticed, however, that - unlike some other [more costly] brands (eg, Panasonic) - this washer's Energy Rating was lower (costing it a Star, above). Oh, when checking front-loading washers, I noticed their makers had to offer replacement gaskets, presumably required across the life of their washer. The SWT6541 - being a Top Loader - doesn't need such replacements, saving after-purchase repair costs for its buyers.

Emma

EmmaNanango

Great and easy to use top loader. No complaints

First top loader I've owned and safe to say I'm converted. Has a timer so you can set it for the morning; different water level and heat options, I could be biased as it's the first top loader I've owned and i wouldn't buy another front loader after. Absolutely no complaints here, very easy to use ( I haven't read the manual once) absolutely recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

lisamarie8

lisamarie8Illawarra, NSW

Inexpensive, looks great & works wonderfully

This washing machine was a great buy. It looks stylish, washes a load in 40 minutes on quick wash and is quieter than most other machines.

The only thing is the beeping at the end until you turn it off as it does not turn itself off - the light will stay on flickering.

Date PurchasedJul 2016