Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843

Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843 (page 2 of 6)

SWF12743 (7kg), SWF12843 (8kg)

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.6

Vivek

VivekMelbourne

Decent washing machine at a fair price

It is silent, powerful and cleans well. The touch buttons are sensitive however does not look climpsy. Not sure of the after sales service yet. It is economical, fast enough and water saver. We usually get the whole lot cleaned up in 30 to 35 minutes. Nothing to regret for now.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Al fern

Al fernGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It feels like an airplane landing

Occasionally there is a significant amount soap residue/bubbles at the front door rubber seal. It cleans the clothes clean. During the spin towards the end of the wash, the machine spins very rigorously and loud. It feels like an earthquake or an airplane landing.
Favourite feature is there are many functions to fit my washing needs especially when there's soap bubbles, you can choose a quick rinse

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

value for money

Excellent washing machine purchased nearly 2 years ago & have had trouble free washing ever since. It is quite, with great washing cycle options plus it is very streamlined & looks good. It also has a pause option in the washing cycle which is great when you find an item of clothing that you forgot to put in!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Simpson SWF12743 / SWF12843 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

M HMelbourne

All my towels & bedlinen ruined + never seen my clothes look so bad

I am really disappointed after having a fisher & paykel top loader for most of my life that i could wash pretty much anything in with no issues.

Mine and my partner's clothing comes our hard, crinkled and sometimes shrunk/colour-leaked (on cold??).

All my expensive towels are ruined.. now scratchy/sandpapery and stiff. Our bedlinen is also wrecked.

We have noticed that extra rinsing has helped a little bit with the stiffness but it's still awful :(

Simpson

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Ryan M

Ryan MAU

Excellent machine!

Very user friendly, does the job it says it will, haven't had any issues with it since purchase. Was a great price at JB Hi-fi for the quality and size of the washing machine, loads of functions, not too noisey. Can't really thinking of anything bad about it. Very happy, would recommend

Date PurchasedNov 2017
L0rax

L0raxmelbourne

Very Happy With It

This replaced an ancient Fisher And Paykel top loader - hooray! What a relief. Finally we have something with good water efficiency and that actually cleans the clothes without chewing them up. It takes up less space too. Controls are very simple to operate and make good sense. I will comment on the spin though - it sounds like a jet landing! I don't mind it now but I nearly jumped the first time it went off. Clothes come out almost dry compared to the old one though so it worth it. We are happy customers.

ok washing machine

The machine can be noisey. The spin function doesn't work well all the time. Cycles can be a bit long with the fast wash a bit too short and the spin function is inadequate as well. I would suggest that the cycles be evaluated to be more suited to the purpose.

KarenS46

KarenS46NSW, 2640

Great Machine.

Purchased this washing machine last year. Great machine and washes really well. Unfortunately it broke down 13 months after purchase. Was on the spinning cycle and it made a terrible noise and black smoke was coming out of the machine.
Just got a replacement machine under warranty. Hopefully this one will last as they are a great washing machine. Plenty of cycles to choose from and it is quiet whilst in use.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

NicoleWestern Australia

Absolute Piece of Junk

Lasted the two years of its warranty, two days later the locking mechanism failed. Simpson did fix this, two days following the technicians visit the seal is damaged.
You would think the seal is a pretty important part of the front loader...that’s why its NOT covered under warranty??,
Rep told me its a common issue, Cost to replace seal $308.... ridiculous considering the whole washing machine cost $500!!

Simpson are not a decent reliable brand like they used to be.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Simpson
ELECTROLUX ..Simpson
Nicole

Zaida we have already spoken. Nothing you could/would do - I’m stuck with a 2 y/o washing machine that floods my laundry.

Tan

TanUlverstone

Disappointed

I purchased this machine in August 2017 and have been extremely disappointed with it!
The washer is extremely loud (like a jet plane taking off), it vibrates my whole house to the point I have paint off the wall and a dent in the plaster, sometimes leaks and sometimes doesn’t spin properly.
I've been in contact with Harvey Norman to get it fixed and after a good 6 weeks of being stuffed around they sent out an appliance surgeon who tells me there is not a thing wrong with it

I’m extremely annoyed that I spent good money on a product that is so disappointing I feel so ripped off

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Aaron c

Aaron cMelbourne

Decent but basic

The washing machine is decent for the price. An annoyance is that is defaults to very long wash times. It would be nice to have a cold wash option for shirts. Of course you can change the settings but a preset option would save a bit of time. It's always quite loud at times.

William

WilliamAdelaide

Great design of a solid brand

We have been quite satisfied with the performance of this front-loader washing machine, it has less depth compared to its 7.5kg Haier opponent, which means less footprint and more space. Even at 1200 rpm, the noise is still acceptable in the room next door for an afternoon snap. Easy and convenient release of door lock upon pause button press makes second thought (e.g. adding forgotten socks to wash) much easier.

seyshell

seyshellMelbourne, Victoria

Disgusted!

Seal failed on the front door, apparently due to negligence. Cost of replacement is over 200. The machine is 6 months old. Okay, I get that seals arent a warranty item, but after 6 months of use, thats not fair wear and tear.

Never again, will i purchase another item that belongs to Electrolux especially after this email reply

"We are pleased the technician has replaced the seal.
We can appreciate your disappointment but appliance damaged due to accident is not covered under warranty. "

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Raj R

Raj RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simpson is BEST

Simpson washing machine is a fantastic purchase from within the family residence. Many different settings and easy to use for the only hold family. I had seen mixed reviews for this washing machine, however purchased anyway as it was the latest model Its big enough for the king and has fast wash option for school uniforms. Fast wash is really good too. Overall good buy. No issues so far

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jay

JayMelbourne

Great little machine does the job

I bought this one in March last year from an online retailer. Very good quality and quiet while using. Also very water efficient and good price as well. So happy with my purchase. Would definitely recommend to other people who is looking for a good washing machine with reasonable price.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
SVN

SVNMelbourne

Great Cheap Product

Bought this last November from Harvey Norman. Was looking for a second hand washer, but then saw this one on a deal. Had mostly positive reviews which helped. Easy to set up and operate with multiple wash settings. Has a timer to delay wash if necessary which was very handy for me. Not very loud if you close the door - does make some noise though.

Have not faced any issues yet - except that most clothes require an iron-over after wash. Overall a happy customer for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Matty D

Matty DMelbourne

Great machine well suited for a small family or couple

David

DavidBrisbane

Great little machine

I got this for very cheap at JB HIFI after my previous machine broke. Have had no problems since and is very quiet. very water efficient and i am very happy with my purchase. would definitely recommend and buy another simpson washing machine or product again in the future. thanks!

Troy

TroySydney

great product

It cleans well, very effective. Has not wore clothes out, is quiet unless you adjust RPM to highest where it sounded like a plane taking off lol. favorite features is range of wash options, temp options, and length of wash time options ranging from 15 and 30mins and 1 hr, unlike my current old machine we have now it is a set time only with only an option to delay time

Date PurchasedDec 2016