Simpson SWF14743 / SWF14843

Simpson SWF14743 / SWF14843

SWF14843 (8kg) and SWF14743 (7kg)

Great little Machine

Recently purchased this Simpson front loader, based on their strong name and good online reviews. Machine has fast 15 minute setting, washes well and the front loader door is light and easy for kids to use. The machine is quiet too for a front loader, has nice soft touch display and complements our laundry with it’s clean lines and nice design. I highly recommend this product for a family or someone looking for a great quality washer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Regret buying this machine

I hate hate hate this machine, after using a F&P top washer for years with very few problems thought I'd try this front loader. Never, never again. It doesn't spin the clothes enough so the towels feel like cardboard when they dry & all the different settings amount to nothing. This machine should have buyer beware plastered all over it! The lady at Good Guys just wanted the sale, if she'd told me a normal load takes over 3 hours I obviously wouldn't have bought it. Now the locking mechanism is jammed on.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Isn't to bad washes well

Machine does a good job washing clothes, I only really use the quick thirty minute wash I am unsure if it suppose to sound the way it does when it is washing, just doesn't seem right but please it doesn't need to beep for eternity when it's finished doing the liad

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great water saving washing machine

I bought this after having a top loader for so many years. Saves heaps of water. And does the job. Has a beep to let you know the washing is down. Very sturdy and reliable. Haven't had any issues with it since I bought it new. And very easy to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Best washing machine I've had

I've had this bad boy since August 2015 and I haven't had any issues with it. It has plenty of options with the washing cycles, it's not too noisy and it does a good job at washing my clothes and keeping them nice and clean. I would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Very happy

This is a great washing machine it gets used once to twice a week. Can hold a great amount of items and washes them really well. Its lasted through 3 house moves too. Reasonably quiet. Has lots of different settings for washing different types of clothes which is handy to have.

Date PurchasedDec 2007

Major Weakness

We bought our machine in August and it wouldn't turn on in November. When the repairman came out he found there was cockroach poo on an internal sensor and advised that was our fault! Next time it will be $300 to get a sensor we can't get to cleaned (which takes the repairman a couple of minutes. Would return this machine if we could. Now we are going to be constantly worried about whether it will break down again. Not happy!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great Washing Machine

This machine does a great wash. There is a quick cycle that goes for 30 minutes. It warms up the water a little so powdered detergent dissolves better. The extra kilo over the previous model I had means it can do a much bigger wash. Quite function. On the down side, the quick wash does not have a fast spin option, 800, so clothes come out a little wetter than my last Simpson front loader.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

I must be having a bad nightmare...compared to the other glowing reviews!

My machine has been faulty from day three. First two days the machine completed the wash cycle. It then has intermittently completed the cycles off and on about 10 times for the last year and has stopped incomplete every other time. I was told by a brusque technician twice already that I must only use less than 1/3rd cap of washing liquid for a full wash and that I am using the incorrect amounts. This after having used front loaders for 20+ years! Using less than 1/3rd liquid doesn't even wash the clothes. Sorry, but I can't agree with the other reviews...

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Ajith, Zaida from Electrolux here. So sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your SWF14843 washer and would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida with reference Ajith. Thanks, ZaidaOK. After my outburst the folks at Electrolux got their act together pretty fast. The same technician came out, inspected the unit and replaced the drain pump and hey, bob's your uncle, the machine's being working perfectly fine since! Knock on wood...! So it was a faulty pump after all... Thanks Zaida for getting on to it promptly.It's back...the gremlins are back!! Hasn't been completing the cycle for the last month or so... have just called the powers that be to come and fix it... apparently I need to get them out thrice in a year to to be elligible for a replacement... in the meantime it's back to wringing out towels, heavy dressing gowns and the like... wish I had been a bit more lavish with my money and bought a quality Jap product instead of a supposedly Aussie brand.... don't waste your money on Aussie goods especially Simpsons if you want a smooth marriage!

Clean as a whistle.

Excellent machine. Quiet with notification when washing is done...many washing options from dedicate to heavy overalls...good looking machine and exceptional quality for the price..one touch button wash even the kids can wash their own clothes (Happy days ) could not be happier with this trusted brand ..get one you won't be disappointed...

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Absolutely perfect!!

Washes clothes well and rinses perfectly. Very quiet, even when using the 1400 spin. The time display lets you know how much time is left for washing, which is handy especially when you have other jobs to do around the house. Beeps to let you know load has finished.So simple to use. Overall a great machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great for a small family.

This machine works well as long as it's not over loaded, it washes well, easy to use. My clothes haven't faded yet after 6mths of use.
It fits my QS quilt in by itself, and a regular 7kg load does all our daily washing with no problems (1 Adult, 1 Child). As yet we have had no issues, good value.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Broken in under 3 MONTHS???

The door seal has a massive tear in it (+15cm long?!) after very minimal use, bought in mid July- installed in August, broken by early October. Less than 3 MONTHS USE!!!! Granted it is not the most expensive model available, but neither was my last Simpson washing machine. A brand I thought I could trust.
My last Simpson washing machine lasted 8YEARS without a service/malfunction- never skipped a beat. Washing EXACTLY the same clothes all that time...
I'm told if it's "caused" by my SAME CLOTHES the machine isn't under warranty. Anything that breaks within 90 days of purchase should just automatically be replaced as clearly it is faulty.
I have NOT found any screws, nails or sharp objects in my machine (?!).
It would literally take a kitchen knife to carve a hole that big in the seal.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Still going Strong after 4 years

Wash well beeps every time when finished which can be annoying because its constant for few minutes. Simple to use minimal electronics and time feature too so you can put the clothes in set a time when to finish eg get home from work and its done.
Quiet machine generally besides when its spinning does get loud.
Overall top machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Great machine

It washes well, beeps when it's finished. Having an option of 1400rpm spin is great. The only thing that is slightly annoying is having to remove the draw to put the flap down for a detergent wash. I also love how you can shorten all of the cycles along with other options. The Good Guys were able to deliver and install it the following day. Which was a great surprise.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Perfect

I had an home brand. Kmart special. when I saw that the government was having 4+ star would get $200off the prices. So I got this one, it makes it own hot water, no more paying for water to heat, now it does it itself. plus it got a bedding part, fast wash, it does every thing u could ever think of.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Doing a good job

My last one died, and a washing machine man said don't bother fixing it and get a new one.
Well, get a new one I did and this is the new one that I got.
Nice is a good word to start off with. I like the look of the machine. It has very simple and easy to use buttons and selections, so you can't go too wrong.
A couple of issues I have with it is that it sometimes gets stuck on 4 minutes. I mean it will eventually finish the cycle, but it just sits on 4 minutes for a few minutes and then it'll go from 4 to 1, or just finish. Maybe I'm choosing the wrong settings?

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Seamless Operation and Very Quiet

Brought this machine through Betta Electricial for $699. Have had this machine now for 6 months and so far it's worked great everytime. It heats it's own water, has a 3 star rating, and has alot of different functions to choose from,wash modes, and even cleans itself. What more could you ask for. The only problem I find and I think it's the case with most front loaders is, towels etc come out stiff even if you use fabric softener. All good, can't complain. It's one of those set and forget washing machines. Highly recommended for Families, and everyone really, and even came with a 2 year warranty.

Date PurchasedJun 2016