Simpson SWT7055LMWA

Simpson SWT7055LMWA

MPN: SWT7055LMWA

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.7

Nancy P.
Nancy P.Sydney, NSW

Not happy

lid needs replacing again, was replaced in November 2020 and has same issue with cracks in the plastic again. I 9nly wash 3 to 4 times a week. Yes my clothes come out tangled with lint on them

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $585.00.

Kate
KateGippsland, VIC

Atrocious!!

This machine has caused nothing by headaches. Our clothes are always covered in lint no matter what I wash, how I wash, do a drum clean etc. especially our black clothes. Everything comes out so tightly bound I struggle to separate it and our clothes are extremely wrinkled. It is noisy, it needs constant balancing. With 2 sheets in it, it sounds like the drum is going to come flying out! It’s a really terrible machine. The lint on our clothes is ridiculous and we spend copious amounts of time rectifying the issue by hand. Steer clear!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Do not buy this machine.

This machine has no lint basket/catcher and it leaves lint all over the clothes, it looks like the clothes are dirtier than when they go in, don’t waste your money on this machine, buy one with a lint filter.

Purchased in February 2019.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Simpson SWT7055LMWA compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Panda
PandaSydney, NSW

Machine giving absolute headaches

Machine washes clothes clean--but,
cuts out after shaking violently during change of cycle around rinse.
It does not matter whether few clothes or medium load..Lint everywhere, clothes come out all knotty.
Machine make a lot of loud noise during washing. I checked thoroughly to see if the feets were levelled, during use.
The machine is hardly used, because I am very frustrated and cranky, violently shaking and cutting out, especially.

Purchased in June 2019 for $549.00.

Mr K
Mr KCooroy

Mass produced Garbage !!

I just got one for free and now I see why, this machine has so many issues it clearly has not been tested before production as the cycle times are all over the place, it spins forever but the load is still soaking wet, guess it is going to the dump now, almost brand new too ! Every buyer should get a full refund, class action I rekon, Absolute rubbish ! And store price nearly $800 !! PLEASE !

Purchased in December 2020.

ELECTROLUX ..Simpson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Joshua
JoshuaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not buy this washing machine!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $589.00.

Sandra
SandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed

Last Simpson washer lasted 22 years, no problems, thought I would buy same brand. Sheets knotted, lint on dark clothes. Very disappointed. Wish I could just swap it for different machine. Would never recommend it. $749 delivered

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $624.00.

Chris
ChrisDarwin

Ok for price

I paid about $669 delivered from appliances online.
It worls well as a washer. Although the cycles are long.
One main peive is that it pumps out first before it fills up.
So if you change the setting of the cycle once its started it will drain all the water out before it starts new cycle. Also. I like to recycle 2 buckets from each wash to conserve water. If i put it before i start the machine, it will just pump out tge water. I have to wait till it stops its initial pump out and starts filling before i can put my recycled water in.
As said before. If Ive charged my mind on what cycle i wanted after it was filling and if you do that. It will pump all the water out and start again.
Its a really stupid design of programming.
Really stupid.

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $669.00.

Girl Power
Girl PowerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very bad washing machine

Ties everything in knots even if it is not crowded in the machine.
There is no lint filter and everything comes out covered in lint.
This washing machine is not even a year old and it is also getting noisy.
I have had Simpson for 30 yrs and I would never buy one again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for $579.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Simpson SWT7055LMWA compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

GraroseGoulburn Valley, VIC

Almost unfit for purpose.

Purchased this machine as it looked similar to our old LG. Discovered it has no LINT filter. Unless you separate your wash into groups, ie. towels, shirts, undies, bedding, etc, everything comes out covered in lint. When water is short doing 3 or 4 small washes instead of 1 larger one this is not practical. It can also manage to tie an almost perfect granny knot in the legs of a pair of pants. However the main problem is the lint. Contacted Simpson over one month ago was asked for our address to send a REP out, heard nothing since despite another e-mail. So now lack of service and interest is another problem and a turn off from buying any other product from this brand. 2 aged Pensioners.

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Home Living for $600.00.

Rozmae
RozmaeMid North Coast, NSW

Simpson washing Machine top loader 7kg SWT7055LMWA WHAT A DUD

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

Christina M
Christina MCentral Queensland, QLD

Great Machine. Be aware of drainage pipe

On the first wash of this machine after set up, the laundry was flooded. There is a manufacturers fault with the drain pipe. There was a small hole in the pipe near the bend that goes into the machine. We bought a new drain pipe from the hardware store which fixed the problem. Other than that, the machine has worked perfectly. I can fit a pair of queen sheets and a queen doona cover. Instead of washing all day (about 4-5 loads), washing is now completed in a couple of loads. Still getting used to the cycles. Found the Daily 45 cycle to be the best fit for our household of 2.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $580.00.

Sandra
Sandraasked

I'm an "old girl" didn't know columns like this existed or I would never have bought my Simpson washing machine. How can people just sit back and do nothing when they have been ripped off by a company selling a machine which does not operate correctly (Simpson SWT7055LMWA). I'd like to see the company make a video showing this machine washing two sheets!!!I don't intend to sit back and do nothing. I saved for a long time to buy what I thought was a good machine, and not a cheapie.

Grarose

yes, we are also very disappointed in our Simpson SWT7055LMWA washing machine, trusted the brand, but never again. Have found it rough on clothes,tangles items even when sorted- lint remains on anything dark, does not balance well with sheets etc, Husband is incredulous that it is able to remove foam padding from bra cups through the smallest of slits that he cannot see without his glasses!!!! Will never buy another Simpson/Electrolux
And being oldies, cannot just go out and buy new one, have to wait until have funds.

Sinead C
Sinead C

I am exactly the same. Super frsutrated. Loved our old simpson but this is the most useless machine I have ever owned. Absolute waste of money. I have emailed the customer contact that was referenced on some other reviews so hopefully someone can get back to me. Will update you.

Amanda
Amandaasked

Does anyone have a photo of the transit straps/bolts? I suspect my washer has the same problem.

Lyn
Lyn

the noise is so loud like a train coming. I wonder if its the transit straps that haven't been removed. only bought it 2 weeks ago, used it twice. has anyone got a photo of these transit straps. I live alone, no one to help me am elderly also.

Roniasked

Very recently purchased Simpson washing machine SWT7055LMWA. Have balanced machine and run through complete cycle without clothes and worked perfectly however when clothes are added in accordance with the instruction manual the machine jumps all over the place during the pulsating spin cycles. What to do? Is the low profile agitator a contributing factor? Very disappointed with product.

Dooshnicks

We had the same problem. Rang Appliances Online who referred us to Mayner & Cochran to check if problem was a warranty issue. $139 later found out that installers had not removed transit straps from washing machine motor. Once removed our new washing machine works like a charm.

Roni

We are indebted to you Dooshnicks .... just checked under the machine and to our surprise discovered the transit straps still in place.Test it in the morning but I'm sure all will be well. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Dooshnicks

We had the same problem. Rang supplier who referred us to Mayner & Cochran to check if problem was a warranty issue. $139 later found out that installers had not removed transit straps from washing machine motor. Once removed our new washing machine works like a charm.

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives

CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7 kg
Household Size 2-3 people
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)
Water Rating3.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless Steel
Dimensions 975 x 575 x 642 mm
Motor TypeConventional (Belt Drive)
Max Spin Speed 850 rpm