Simpson SWT7055LMWA

1.6

Nen
NenIllawarra, NSW

One star

Not satisfied at all spending more time taking the lints off the clothes .Taking so long to wash during normal wash.just bought 2020.I could have pay more for a good one.

Kate
KateGippsland, VIC

Atrocious!!

This machine has caused nothing by headaches. Our clothes are always covered in lint no matter what I wash, how I wash, do a drum clean etc. especially our black clothes. Everything comes out so tightly bound I struggle to separate it and our clothes are extremely wrinkled. It is noisy, it needs constant balancing. With 2 sheets in it, it sounds like the drum is going to come flying out! It’s a really terrible machine. The lint on our clothes is ridiculous and we spend copious amounts of time rectifying the issue by hand. Steer clear!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Do not buy this machine.

This machine has no lint basket/catcher and it leaves lint all over the clothes, it looks like the clothes are dirtier than when they go in, don’t waste your money on this machine, buy one with a lint filter.

Purchased in February 2019.

Panda
PandaSydney, NSW

Machine giving absolute headaches

Machine washes clothes clean--but,
cuts out after shaking violently during change of cycle around rinse.
It does not matter whether few clothes or medium load..Lint everywhere, clothes come out all knotty.
Machine make a lot of loud noise during washing. I checked thoroughly to see if the feets were levelled, during use.
The machine is hardly used, because I am very frustrated and cranky, violently shaking and cutting out, especially.

Purchased in June 2019 for $549.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Simpson SWT7055LMWA compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Mr K
Mr KCooroy

Mass produced Garbage !!

I just got one for free and now I see why, this machine has so many issues it clearly has not been tested before production as the cycle times are all over the place, it spins forever but the load is still soaking wet, guess it is going to the dump now, almost brand new too ! Every buyer should get a full refund, class action I rekon, Absolute rubbish ! And store price nearly $800 !! PLEASE !

Purchased in December 2020.

Joshua
JoshuaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not buy this washing machine!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $589.00.

Sandra
SandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed

Last Simpson washer lasted 22 years, no problems, thought I would buy same brand. Sheets knotted, lint on dark clothes. Very disappointed. Wish I could just swap it for different machine. Would never recommend it. $749 delivered

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $624.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Rozmae
RozmaeMid North Coast, NSW

Simpson washing Machine top loader 7kg SWT7055LMWA WHAT A DUD

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

Christina M
Christina MCentral Queensland, QLD

Great Machine. Be aware of drainage pipe

On the first wash of this machine after set up, the laundry was flooded. There is a manufacturers fault with the drain pipe. There was a small hole in the pipe near the bend that goes into the machine. We bought a new drain pipe from the hardware store which fixed the problem. Other than that, the machine has worked perfectly. I can fit a pair of queen sheets and a queen doona cover. Instead of washing all day (about 4-5 loads), washing is now completed in a couple of loads. Still getting used to the cycles. Found the Daily 45 cycle to be the best fit for our household of 2.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $580.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Simpson SWT7055LMWA compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Alison S.
Alison S.asked

How do I clean my washing machine for fluff & lint which doesn't have a built in lint filter ?

Michael
Michael

Unfortunately it’s better to buy a better machine than try to clean the machine.

Sandra
Sandraasked

I'm an "old girl" didn't know columns like this existed or I would never have bought my Simpson washing machine. How can people just sit back and do nothing when they have been ripped off by a company selling a machine which does not operate correctly (Simpson SWT7055LMWA). I'd like to see the company make a video showing this machine washing two sheets!!!I don't intend to sit back and do nothing. I saved for a long time to buy what I thought was a good machine, and not a cheapie.

Grarose
Grarose

yes, we are also very disappointed in our Simpson SWT7055LMWA washing machine, trusted the brand, but never again. Have found it rough on clothes,tangles items even when sorted- lint remains on anything dark, does not balance well with sheets etc, Husband is incredulous that it is able to remove foam padding from bra cups through the smallest of slits that he cannot see without his glasses!!!! Will never buy another Simpson/Electrolux
And being oldies, cannot just go out and buy new one, have to wait until have funds.

Sinead C
Sinead C

I am exactly the same. Super frsutrated. Loved our old simpson but this is the most useless machine I have ever owned. Absolute waste of money. I have emailed the customer contact that was referenced on some other reviews so hopefully someone can get back to me. Will update you.

Amanda
Amandaasked

Does anyone have a photo of the transit straps/bolts? I suspect my washer has the same problem.

Lyn
Lyn

the noise is so loud like a train coming. I wonder if its the transit straps that haven't been removed. only bought it 2 weeks ago, used it twice. has anyone got a photo of these transit straps. I live alone, no one to help me am elderly also.

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives

CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines
Capacity7 kg
Household Size 2-3 people
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)
Water Rating3.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless Steel
Dimensions 975 x 575 x 642 mm
Motor TypeConventional (Belt Drive)
Max Spin Speed 850 rpm