SimsDirect

SimsDirect Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Crooks6
Crooks6

We have purchased an eSim from SimsDirect to use on our upcoming holiday in Europe - unfortunately we were not aware that it maybe should not be activated until you land? My husband (who relies heavily on his mobile for work purposes) is having issues in that it will not let him make calls. If it is the case that it should not be activated prior to leaving this needs to be spelt out in really large letters so 'dumbos' or 'dinosaurs' like us take notice. We an an Error 404 if we try the link in the email to get to the troubleshooting guide - we actually get an Error 404 on quite a lot of the links - unsure if that's an ongoing issue but it's disappointing. We have been able to navigate on their website but still haven't got answers yet. This issue has only just become apparent at 10.30am this morning so we'll see if we get any response.

WizardofAUS

I'm a 75yr old technological dinosaur trying to keep abreast of great changes - When I last travelled from Sydney to Vancouver, Canada I took out my l.ocal NSW SIM card and replaced it with a Canadian T-Mobile local card and got a local number which suited me - BUT - and here's the problem I wasn't able to get calls or texts from home. So it wasn't until I landed back in Sydnedy and replaced my old Australian SIM that I got a flood of left messages and texts after 30 days away - That was 3 years ago - now I simply have to get texts in a two step verficatino process while using my VPN in Canada - My Question - I'm staying 23 days in Vancouver - What should I buy in the way of an ESim and will I get a new Canadian number and be able to relate to both numbers at the same time?

Phil
Phil

With an eSim you can keep your existing Australian Sim in your phone so you can receive calls and texts on your Aust number. However you would need to ensure you have international roaming enabled on your phone and even then the cost of calls and texts is very very high. I would recommend getting an Airola eSim as they are easy to install and work well. Airola esims only give you data. However you can still do voice calls and texts using WhatsApp.

WizardofAUS

Thanks so much Phil - that's great info - I was hoping to get a local number in Vancouver without buying a burner phone and using my Samsung 23 instead for the 30 days I'm there - Yes! the coast of roaming calls and texts can be avoided for the bulk of my communication when in Vancouver but we've stepped into a two step verification nightmare since I was there last so I'll have to wear these roaming charges

joan C.
joan C.

We're travelling from Scotland to Australia, Singapore and Dubai. Would you have a similar card to suit an android and what are the costs?
Cheers
Joan

Sims Direct
Sims Direct   DM

Hey Joan :) Sounds like an amazing trip!

We have two SIM's I'd recommend. For Scotland, Australia, and Singapore we have this one (currently $35);
external link

And for Dubai, this one will cover you (currently $55);
external link

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, please reach out to us at hello@simsdirect.com.au, and myself or the team will be happy to help you further!

Cheers :)

Gavin P.
Gavin P.

I put the South American Sim in my phone in Australia before travelling to Chile and Brazi6. It gave me a UK number but connected to the Optus network for global roaming, but not connecting to the internet. It takes me to the three network website (Hutchison Telecom UK) and asks me to add money for data. I have not used data. Only 152 MB was used and then it stopped providing me data over the Optus network. I understand these south American Sim cards are actually global roaming cards and according to your South American Sim card help webpage, Australia is one of the countries where this Sim card should work. Then why is it restricting internet over the Optus 4G+ network to which it is connected?

junglejayne
junglejayne

Sorry, it doesn't make sense what you are trying to do. Did you read the instructions. I thought you have to land in the country first before you can start using it. Why would you want to use it in Australia when you have bought a SIM card that is specifically advertised to work in South America. I recently bought a SIM card for use in Europe and it worked perfectly as per the instructions... i didn't even bother trying to use it whilst in Australia.

Mark E.

We need 4 x 12GB travel SIM cards by 17/8/23. Before purchasing I need to know if they are compatible to use with an iPhone 8 & an iPhone 6 ? We will pay express postage if I can have this information by14/8/23 & SIM cards are compatible with our phones.
Many thanks, Charmaine

MSing
MSing

I have a Samsung S20 so I can't answer you directly re Iphone but the sim card comes in 2 sizes so should be ok. Best to ask the supplier directly.

Sims Direct
Sims Direct   DM

Hey Mark! Yes, the EU/UK 12GB physical SIMs are compatible with any unlocked mobile phone. The iPhone 6 & 8 will be fine as long as you ensure they're unlocked from any network provider. Hope that helps! If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us at hello@simsdirect.com.au :)

Thanks so much, Mark

Johanna V.
Johanna V.

I have been using my SIM card for over 2 weeks on my 30 day europe&Uk sim and all of a sudden the mobile data does not work it keeps dropping in and out and I have tried all steps troubleshooting. I have had no data for 48 hours

Brad F.
Brad F.

Will your travel sim work in London, Cyprus and Cape Town?

Sabina
Sabina

Works in London...can't answer re other locations. Check Simdirect website for this

rhmacindoe
rhmacindoe

How much data do I need for accessing travel directions eg Google Maps as our hire car does not have a satnav and we will use Apple Connect. Travelling 2 weeks in UK and 2 weeks in France

chris
chris

We are going to the uk. France. Italy. Sardinia , Sicily and Malta in September. We need data anc local calls. Will this one work for us? Howmuch is it for 8 weeks?

Anne F.
Anne F.

I am having a terrible time activating the sim card I purchased in Australia. I have followed directions and when I try to send a text message here in the Netherlands I get the following message: Cann’t send message with 3 - error 0. HELP!

jmbau
jmbau

Contact the company via their website or Facebook. You will get a resounded during their support hours

Lee
Lee

Step 1. Ensure you have followed all steps in your SIMs digital PDF guide.
Step 2. Reach out to us for support via Facebook live chat or email us at hello@simsdirect.com.au. We are active between 10am - 6pm AEDT
Step 3. If our technical support cannot resolve your issue you will be entitled to our Money Back Guarantee and we will help you find a local option for the rest of your trip. Have you turned data roaming on and then restart your phone.

Mr Lee

Hello...anyone had experience with ride share apps in Sth East Asia using data only plans as GRAB and GO Jek require a phone number to set up an account and from what I can see, data only plans have no phone number attached to the account. Thanks

Shane C.
Shane C.

There is a number attached and you can use Grab. Just go to settings and click about phone. There is a number attached to the sim. As you can pay and get more credit and / or calls.

Mr Lee

I received a reply from support. Their website states there is a number attached but after purchase and receiving the set up PDF, this states that there is no number attached to data only plans. Support have confirmed this so these Sims are useless for ride share set ups

Caroline
Caroline

I used a data only sim in Bali last June and GoJek worked well. i believe they do have aphone number attached.

Mr Lee

It's hard to get a straight answer from Sims direct. Support says one thing. Their website says another and the pdf says another. My experience with this company hasn't been great. Just a big waste of time

Ralf Alpert
Ralf Alpert

I understand that coverage in the Philippines can be challenging. Can you please tell me which provider you use and if 5G usage is included in your offering in the Philippines.

Steve G
Steve G

I haven't travelled to the Philippines recently. I suggest you send an inquiry to simsdirect. They will let you know which network they use.

Subir

I am travelling to India for a 7weeks holiday, visiting many places in India. Just wondering whether Simsdirect has proper service in India.? If works well how can I receive sims before Saturday this week.

Jennifer M.

Hi, I will be travelling to Italy for 7 weeks and would like to purchase 2 of your cards but I'm worried that they will stop working after two weeks because they are not registered. This happened with Orange Sim cards in France. Supposedly valid for 4 weeks but then stopped with a notification that this was because they weren't registered. Probably to do with national security and terrorism.

Frances
Frances

hi jennifer, i brought two cards for the trip i'm currently on; i think they're each for 3 or 4 weeks and i had no issues. But you should ask the sims direct people. It's a small australian owned company and the folks who work there are helpful. here's the email that i wrote to; I got a quick reply: hello@simsdirect.com.au

Jennifer M.

Thanks. I have sent them an email about the Sim cards and if they are viable for the weeks you pay for.

CPD Health C.
CPD Health C.

Can I hot spot a UK SIM card

Frank L.
Frank L.

Every international SIM card I have purchased from here has had the capability to hotspot. I see no reason why a UK SIM card cannot do the same.

finlaboutit
finlaboutit

Are SimsDirect and Simscorner connected

Eddy Nachorny
Eddy Nachorny

Looking to purchase 2 off SIM cards for an upcoming trip to Europe one for myself and One for my wife, is it possible to call forward from our Aussie SIM card to the Sims Direct ones ? and can someone confirm that messenger can be used with these sims ? cheers Eddy

Tonyf
Tonyf

Hi,
I just bought a sim card for my trip to France, do i only need to put the simdirect card into my phone and all is set automatically?

Conefish
Conefish

Sorry, can’t help as the card I had ordered never arrived.

Ian
Ian

How well do they work in South Africa?

Get an answer from our members and Sims Direct representatives