Sims Direct Questions & Answers

17 questions from our users

MickWasked

Hi, we are looking at getting USA 5Gb sims for the family. What I'd like to know is: can I identify the USA mobile number before we leave AUS so that I can forward calls & txts from my AUS number (I'm not able to notify everyone before I go).

Belinda W.
Belinda W.

I didn’t know my number until I put the SIM card in and it was activated.

MickW

Thanks, Belinda, I suspected as much. If I get this one I will have to insert it before I leave Aus to get the number then change back to my Aus SIM to set up the forwarding then change back to the U.S. SIM and waste a day's use. Still looks like a good deal though.

Pauline W.

Pauline W.asked

Where can I buy it from in Australia

Laurie B.
Laurie B.

Hello Pauline, the website is www.simsdirect.com.au (an Australian Company) and everyone there is very helpful. So I am sure they will be able to assist you.

Lisa Neal

Lisa Nealasked

I accidentally activated my sim on Australia to see if it worked, guess what it did but I'm in Greece.... can you help

Hey Lisa!

Ok just to confirm, if you've activated the SIM here in Australia it won't cause any issues whilst using your SIM overseas. All that will happen is your 30 days will start ticking down.

If you're stuck and need help, please reach out to us on Facebook messenger here: https://www.facebook.com/simsdirect/

Or you can email us at: hello@simsdirect.com.au

Sabrina L.

Sabrina L.asked

Hi,
I’ve been using a simsdirect card for the past two weeks and it spontaneously stopped working? “No service”....wondering why this may have happened? And it isn’t my phone as I currently have another sim that is working in it...any solutions would be massively appreciated as still need to use data for the next 2 weeks.
Sabrin

SimsDirectSims Direct

Hey Sabrina, I know I'm a little late to the party here. But it may be that you're in a 'black out' area where there's no reception. All I can recommend is to wait until you move around a little bit to see if reception comes back :)

If the problem persists please contact us on our facebook messenger here: https://www.facebook.com/simsdirect/ or email us at: hello@simsdirect.com.au

David M.

David M.asked

I am after a card for 6 weeks for France and UK what would it cost, thanx!

Hey David!

Ok seeing as you're going for 6 weeks you'll need to grab 2x of our Europe SIMs as they only last 30 days. The SIM cards will be $44 each, so a total of $88 :)

Nemi

Nemiasked

Hi, we’re travelling to Japan, Europe (including Turkey) and the USA in August. We need to be able to phone home to Australia, and also check our emails. Could you please recommend the appropriate sims? Many thanks, cheers, Shirl

Robert S.

Robert S.asked

Hi,
Travelling to Italy with partner, so if we get a SIM card each does that mean we each get a mobile phone number and we can ring each other? Also, can I hotspot the phone to my iPad? Thanks

Hey Robert!

Spot on! Each SIM has it's own unique number (provided on the SIM packaging). You will be able to text/call each other simply by popping +44 in front of the number.

Yep, you'll be able to hotspot to your iPad with this SIM :)

Roscoeasked

going to europe from 13th August until30th Sept ....do I need 2 packages ?

sHANE50
sHANE50

Hi Roscoe, What we did is have an AustPost prepaid travel sim to phone family at home and the Sims Direct sim for overseas contact. If we needed to contact each other whilst we we overseas we used messenger on the data plans for each - if you don't need to contact anyone outside Europe, but need to contact each other maybe 2 x Sims Direct might be better (and take you Aussie phone with you on roaming $$$$).

Hey Roscoe!

Spot on, seeing as you're going for 6 weeks you'll need to purchase x2 of our Europe SIM as each card lasts 30 days.

Simply swap SIM 1 out for SIM 2 after the first 30 days :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Roscoe

does the phone number stay the same for the second card

Elisabeth S.

Elisabeth S.asked

If someone in Europe was to call whilst we are in Europe with the sim, will they be charges a local call or a call to the UK?

Hey Elisabeth!

They will be charged for calling a UK number as the SIM is from the UK - however most phone plans in Europe will have calls to the UK included.

I'd get them to double check with their network provider to see if it's included :)

Dana M.

Dana M.asked

Hi. Travelling to Europe on 28 July till 18 sept covering 12 countries. Which is the best sim to purchase not to run out whilst in Europe and will it be compatible with Samsung 7 please? Thanks Dana

Hey Dana!

Alright so it sounds like our Europe SIM will suit your needs perfectly! It will last 30 days and comes with 12GB of data, unlimited calls/texts to UK & EU Numbers.

Seeing as you're travelling for almost 2 months I'd recommend to grab x2, simply swap out at the end of the 30 days :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Gadi B.

Gadi B.asked

i assume it would work well on new iphone?. is the number you get with the sim is British?

jie kang

It’s allocated by Sims Direct in Australia. I have no idea if it’s British or otherwise. Either way it should not work because the phone is not brand new

SimsDirectSims Direct

Hey Gadi, yes the SIM cards will work in your new iPhone. The number you receive is a UK number :)

jie kangasked

Re 8944200118032050360. Phone number [number removed].
I have emailed you twice now regarding the premature ending our package. Why will you not answer me?We are in Italy and as you don’t provide a phone number to contact you on and won’t answer us, we are stuck. PLEASE, answer immediately?
Regards
Terry Rooney

SimsDirectSims Direct

Hey Terry as mentioned above, I have replied to your email - once again apologies for the late reply.

jie kang

I have not received any email response from you. The correct address and the one listed with you is terryprooney@yahoo.com.au. Please try again. It has been 5 days without this service and we are most disappointed with you.

Hey Terry,

That's the email I've got - I've just tried to re-send.

If it doesn't come through you contact our live chat here: https://www.facebook.com/simsdirect/ - 10AM-6PM AEDT

Ask for Aidan and I'll sort this out for you.

Silv

Silvasked

We are travelling to Europe soon and would like a sim that we can use in Italy and call Australia. Can you please recommend which is the correct sim?

Hey Silv!

Awesome stuff, so our Europe SIM won't have calls included to Australia numbers, only to UK & EU numbers.

The work around here is to use data apps like Skype/WhatsApp/Messenger :)

Annette McG

Annette McGasked

I am travelling in Europe for over 3 months later this year and wondered if your 365 day SIM card would be best - how much data does it have for the 365 days? And can you top up?

Holmesy

Holmesyasked

Travelling to USA from25/3/19 to 24/5/19, so is it possible to get for two months?

pn1
pn1

I haven't used the USA SIM card in the USA, preferring AT&T purchased when I arrive. The SIM Direct uses T-Mobile that's reviewed as having good coverage in metropolitan areas but less so in rural locations.

Jilljim F

Jilljim Fasked

how do I activate my SIM card when I get it?

Kirsty M

Hi Jillian, there should be instructions with the sim card. In my experience with the Sims I have purchased from Sims Direct I have just put the sim in the phone when I arrived at my destination & the sim was active within the hour. Any questions flick them through to Sims Direct in my experience they reply quickly: hello@simsdirect.com.au

Hey Jilljim F!

All of our SIM cards are Plug-N-Play, meaning you just need to pop the SIM into your phone and turn on 'data roaming' once you touch down overseas and you're good to go!

Like Kirsty said, we have activations guides included within the packaging, and if you ever need help you can reach out to us via our Facebook messenger. Alternatively you can email us: hello@simsdirect.com.au

Hope that helps!

Aidan

Carmel

Carmelasked

I am having trouble activating my sim. Any help?

Kirsty M

That is most unusual. I have never had a problem. I would suggest you email Aiden at Sims Direct & am sure he will get straight back to you. His email is: hello@simsdirect.com.au

i

Hey Carmel!

Which SIM card do you have and what are you having trouble with?

First things first, I'd recommend to make sure you have 'data roaming' turned on in your settings and make sure that you restart your phone after that.

If you're ever needing help troubleshooting your SIM card, i'd recommend to contact us via our messenger live chat @ www.facebook.com/simsdirect

Or email as @ hello@simsdirect.com.au