Verified🏆 2024 Award

Ross C.Sydney, NSW
John
JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Invalid SIM, no customer service

Invalid SIM Cards, very slow to rectify the issue. I purchased two SIM cards but one of them did not work. When I contacted SimsDirect they took over a day to reply, then each of their replies take more than a day and by the time I get through their troubleshoot it’s been over 5 days. The issue still has not been resolved but now my trip is half way through. I would recommend you check other providers as SimsDirect support is terrible and Sims only have 50% chance of working.
Sims Direct   DM

Hey John - wow you're so right to be frustrated with an experience like this. We'd love to get you sorted with a refund here. Reach out to us at hello@simsdirect.com.au and we'll get everything sent through.

Lorraine
LorraineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC15 posts

Simple and straightforward

From start to finish, everything was so straightforward. Ordering the sim online and setting it up onto our mobile was easier than expected. Show details ·  1
Andrew
AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Seamless transition but unreliable data speed

I was excited about not needing a local SIM while traveling from Australia to Southeast Asia, especially Malaysia. The transition was seamless, with no connectivity issues initially.

However, the data speed was unreliable, making work calls difficult and often unusable. While the convenience was a plus, the inconsistent data speed was a major drawback. It didn’t meet my expectations for reliable connectivity. Show details

Sims Direct   DM

Hey Andrew! This doesn't sound like the ideal experience at all. We've reached out via email to chat with you about how we can make it right. You shouldn't be paying full price for something that didn't give you full coverage!

Claudia
Claudia

Poor poor poor

Bought an ESim for NZ. Set it up as described and did not work. Sent a screenshot to simsdirect to show them, no reply since. No refunds either. Disappointing product and terrible service. Show details
Sims Direct   DM

Hey Claudia - yikes! Sounds like you've really been through the ringer here. We'd love to make this right. Are you able to reach out again at hello@simsdirect.com.au; or feel free to reply with your email and we can reach out to you too!

Kamal S.
Kamal S.Amaroo 2914, ACT

UK& Europe Travel SIM

I bought two SIMs that worked as advertised through three countries in Europe. One SIM had a startup issue which the support staff fixed expeditiously. Very happy with SIMs and support. Show reply
PeterD
PeterDSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Easy Installation & worked perfectly

It was easy to install on arrival into London and have used it on many occasions since being in the UK. Had no issues at all with this Sim Show details ·  1
Kay D.
Kay D.

Easy to use esim

Easy to order an esim. I’m not tech savvy but even I could install it and use it. Connected to local network as soon as I landed and I used it extensively as a sat nav using the Waze app in the UK. Also watched streaming channels and had plenty of data. Will definitely order from them again Show reply
Aresti T.
Aresti T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SimsDirect is Awesome

Awesome. My wife and I used the two SimsDirect sim cards in August to September 2023 in England France and Greece. Worked a treat. Have purchased two more for our next European adventure in December 2024 to January 2025. I'm sure it won't miss a beat. Show details ·  1
Kat
KatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Poor & slow customer service

Really poor and slow customer service. Have waited 36 hours to troubleshoot my sim issues. Unable to call them & no one has contacted me. Very disappointed ☹️ Show details
Bill Y.
Bill Y.South East Queensland, QLD

Great mobile coverage in Europe

The best 30+ bucks spent, the 12gb was just enough being complemented by wifi provided by hotels and cafes. In some cities I got to experience 5G speeds. Show details ·  1
David C
David C

Bad experience

Despite multiple attempts to unsubscribe from unsolicited emails they refuse to take me off their mailing list.
Pat
PatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts
Cnote
Cnote17 posts

Great for Thailand, hopeless for Cambodia and Vietnam

Easy to buy a register, but internet speeds in Cambodia and Vietnamese was poor.

Thailand was great for speed, but Cambodia and Vietnam were useless. Sometimes iMessage would send, but looking up websites or sending videos or photos was 100% not possible. Friends who bought a different eSIM did not have this issue.

Consider a different eSIM provider if you plan to visit Cambodia and Vietnam. Show details

mikes1393
mikes13936 posts

Terrible

Easy to buy and set up and that’s it. Been in Vietnam 6 days ended up buying another one somewhere else. Coverage was great but the speed was crap couldn’t do anything. Very very frustrating won’t be buying from here again. Show details
Gayle J.
Gayle J.6 posts

Failure to work!

We have been away 5 days now and our cards have not worked. We have emailed Company to be told keep trying to set it up!
We ended up buying 2 vodaphone sims that worked straight away.
Very poor form sims direct as you let us down on arrival in Athens. Through a national strike!
We want a full refund. We do not want any more advice on setting these cards up.
You advertise full refund if cards don’t work and we want one!
Jordans Show details

Shaunagh Herrmann
Shaunagh Herrmann

Reliable and Efficient

Europe & UK Travel SIM Card | 12GB | 30 Days | 71 Countries. I required 2 sims due to the duration of my overseas trip to THE UK, Ireland and Iceland. They were both activated successfully and immediately and enabled me to travel feeling secure and safe in locating places and moving about unfamiliar areas. The reliability of the service allowed me to discover and visit out of the way places and gain a full experience of what each place had to offer, as well as services I required along the way.The team at Sims Direct responded to questions promptly and provided the necessary assistance. I will confidently purchase a sim from Sims Direct for my future adventures. Show details ·  1
J Waghorn
J WaghornSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Found them useless

I bought two SIM cards and were unable to use them. There were too many instructions, which weren’t clear. We were too tired to keep trying to use them so gave up and had 5 weeks of free WiFi at hotels and cafes etc. Show details
Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.Western Australia

Perfect option for cruise travel

No issues at all with connectivity. Was fantastic to have use of google maps, local taxi apps etc while overseas and not to have to juggle different sim cards for each stop. Show details ·  1
Tan128
Tan128AU6 posts

A must for traveler's

The eSIM worked perfectly on out trip to Vietnam, the price was excellent also. Show details ·  1
Gracie
GracieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Good Value, Easy setup and Trouble Free

I had multiple eSIMs to install in different mobile phones. I mistakenly installed the wrong eSiM in the wrong device. When I emailed, I got timely help from “Chlark”. From his system, he could see where I went wrong and he sent me another eSIM to replace the one I had to cancel. Great goodwill gesture! Show details ·  1
Penny
PennyPerth, WA

South East Asia sim

Have used this company 3 times. My experience was positive on everytime. I used the SEA eSIM twice and was very happy with the service. Show details ·  1
Linda
LindaSydney, NSW

Thai eSIM

Happy with my eSIM for Thailand.
It took a while to get it working but I requested assistance on line & all was good. Had to wait a while for my help request to be answered.
It worked well everywhere I went. Good value. Show details ·  1
Retail Cusomer
Retail CusomerSouth East Queensland, QLD29 posts

Great Value, Seamless Operation, Quick delivery

Bought NZ 30 day small pack. Very quick delivery and quick and easy installation. Worked well and no dramas. Just perfect plenty of data calls and texts for our trip. 2º app made it so easy to track usage and top up if required. Show details ·  1
Gkn
Gkn

Great connectivity

Recently got back from my travels. I bought a South East Asia (6 countries, 20GB, 30 days) e-sim and have been very happy with the service and connectivity. Originally I had trouble getting mobile data when I crossed over to the 2nd country but their customer service team were prompt to respond to advise me what to do to fix it :)

Purchase experience was also easy.

I will definitely buy from them again for my future travels ! Show details ·  1

Th. Tin V.
Th. Tin V.Sydney, NSW

anne239
anne239Perth, WA

Great SIM Card

We used SimsDirect for our trip to Portugal and Spain. We loaded it with no problems and had good reception everywhere. We travelled with another Australian couple who chose to stay on their Telstra plan for $10 a day and they couldn't get onto the internet a lot of the time. Ours was a fraction of the price and we had better access. I've used SimsDirect before and would highly recommend their products. Show details ·  1
Robertb
RobertbSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

GREAT SERVICE

Very easy to use and to activate and a good price. Saved the hassle of buying a sim on arrival. Show details ·  1
Coco
CocoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

This not work. Do not buy

Did not work at all. It picked up local carrier when I connect it with esim in Japan but never had any signal. But for you to get refund, you need to try to work it out with help desk people first. When you just land in new country, you don't really have time or energy to do that.
I ended up buying esim from other provider online using the airport Wifi and it got connected instantly.
Do not recommend this at all. Show details
N G.
N G.Sydney, NSW

Best SIM on the Market!!!

The ease of installation and seamless connection. We travelled 5 Countries and 6 Cities across UK/Europe and the SimsDirect SIM card was a brilliant choice. Best product on the market. And 12Gb was more than enough for 3-4 week trip. Thank you Team for also providing an excellent customer service. Show details ·  1
Brendo
Brendo4 posts

Worth the investment for peace of mind

The purchase process and delivery was easy and quick. Activation in Bali airport was slow and resulted in some access issues to begin with. But once activated no problems at all even as i constantly switched between SIM cards Show details ·  1
Annette R
Annette RRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts

Simply a Great Service

This was my second experience using SimsDirect. With an upgraded phone I was able to use and eSim. The process of ordering, activating, the cost and the after sales service were excellent. I'll certainly be using them again. Show details ·  1
Mick O
Mick OSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Manu
ManuSydney, NSW2 posts

Worked intermittently

Not a good experience. I received the 2 sims quickly (Europe & UK Travel SIM Card | 12GB | 30 Days | 71 Countries, for use in France and UK), but had problems with them. They only worked intermittently which was very frustrating, and I ended up having to buy sim cards from local providers. Show details
Sims Direct   DM

Totally get your frustration here, Manu! We'd love to refund you the days you didn't get use out of - can you drop us a line at hello@simsdirect.com.au? Let's get you sorted :)

Simon G.
Simon G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Phone stolen. No problem

iPhone stolen in South America & able to get access to another. Contacted SimsDirect about situation & they provided new eSIM at no extra cost straight away. Great service in stressful circumstances. Show details ·  1
Masood
MasoodSydney, NSW

Will definitely use it again on my next trip

Excellent experience, got three sims for myself and family. The data was working throughout my trip in Europe i.e. Germany, France & Finland and the speed was excellent. Was really helpful to have the data available 24x7. Will definitely use it again on my next trip overseas. Show details ·  1

Dimity E.
Dimity E.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Honestly so reliable and a travel must!

Wonderful! We purchased 1 eSIM initially to see if the product would work / could be trusted etc.. I initially had trouble (user / operator) and emailed SimsDirect who were amazing and had the patients of a saint to help me through the process. Then we purchased more for our children and we all found the ease of eSIM wonderful! One of eSims also stopped working but the customer service team at SimsDirect easily corrected this for us also. Thank you so much! Show details ·  1
Robert G.
Robert G.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Easy to use

Got the SIMS promptly and they were easy to use. Show details ·  1
Arik
ArikSydney, NSW11 posts

Excellent Product and Service

Purchased esims for our family for our recent trip to Japan. Setup and usage was easy and we had no problems at all. Great customer service too when I had questions prior to our trip. Will use again in the future. Show details ·  1
Pia
Pia

Easy to use and reliable

Super easy to use and very reliable, i had a little issue with my esim and the customer service went above and beyond to help me straight away. Show details ·  1