SimsDirect

4.4

551 reviews · Statistics

85% · 46871 · 13%
Best Travel SIMs
See the Best Travel SIMs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Isabel
IsabelQLDFar North Queensland, QLD4 posts

30 day Europe and UK eSIM

Absolutely fantastic product. Easy to install, used it the whole month whilst abroad. Definitely worth the price. Will definitely be using this for my next trip. Show details ·  1
Deb W.
Deb W.NSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Excellent product

This is an excellent product. Arrived soon after order and worked seamlessly from the beginning when I loaded it into my phone once we arrived in Japan. Worked everywhere even in the rural areas we travelled. I will definitely be using SimsDirect on next overseas trip to Japan. Show details ·  1
Lifezfunny
Lifezfunny3 posts

Excellent Service

Easy to install, reliable, great service, started in San Francisco, flew to Louisiana, and drove to Tennessee, perfect reception where ever I went Show details ·  1
Leigh B.
Leigh B.NSWSydney, NSW

Great value Aussie company

I've used SimsDirect a few times, for different travel destinations and different trip durations. Even set up travel SIMs for older friends not so tech-savvy.
The range of products are excellent, and the activation process is often different, but has always worked perfectly. Now with eSIM options it's even better. In my most recent purchase, I found that the physical SIM option available from SimsDirect (30 days multiple destinations Europe) was far cheaper than anything Airolo could offer.
Cheaper, better and Australian. I recommend SimsDirect, for sure! Show details ·  1
Beer L.
Beer L.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Best option on the market

Had used twice for my last 2 trips and no problems at all!! I am using another one for my next trip which is coming up in 5 months time. Show details ·  1
sly_oz
sly_ozVictoria6 posts

Mac
MacAdelaide2 posts

Worked perfectly

Got 2 sims to cover 3 weeks for Italy, Greece, Turkie, Cyprus & Malta. Did not have any issues with access or speed. Perfect. Show details ·  1
Frank
FrankNSWSydney, NSW

Reliable and affordable connection

We used SIMS direct and do not regret it. It was easy to purchase, reliable and affordable and kept us connected everywhere we went, from the moment we touched down. Show details ·  1
Busy Bee
Busy BeeQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Not exactly what i expected or wanted!!

All communication was in French!I had no phone number while in the UK or elsewhere!For me it was all too hard!!Inwill not use again id rather go through my own network. Show details
Sims Direct   DM

Hey there Busy Bee - we can absolutely understand your overwhelm here! So sorry we weren't able to sort this for you at the time. We'd love the chance to make it right for you now; can you reach out to us at hello@simsdirect.com.au ?

Michelle Spencer
Michelle Spencer2 posts

No hassle service and data

Great sims for travelling, great product and coverage overseas. I’ll never travel without them Show details ·  1
James
JamesNSWHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Thailand Data Sim

Worked as soon as I switched on upon landing. Good coverage in all regions of travel in Thailand. Show details ·  1
MelMark J.
MelMark J.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Seamless process

The SimDirect experience was a seamless process. From purchasing the ESIM, set up and activating on arrival with either a strong 5G or 4G signal, we were very pleased. Show details ·  1
Sparkygirl
Sparkygirl9 posts

Great product

Seamless way of getting a SIM card for overseas travel. Show reply
Kim
KimNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Highly recommended

Fast delivery, top quality SIM I have used to travel more than 30 countries, hassle free. Unlike the other similar Travel SIM card, I have online ordered but keep chasing for the delivery status Show details ·  1
SereneTraveller
SereneTravellerNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Good products, reliable, well supported

Good products, reliable, well supported. Both SIMs I've used from SimsDirect have performed well. Buying a local SIM (where that is possible) could be a bit cheaper, but SimsDirect is so much easier, and working immediately you land. Thumbs up. Show details ·  1
Laura H.
Laura H.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Didn't work in Thailand

It didn't work in Thailand Dec 2022 even though I followed ALL the mobile data roaming instructions and settings. Shouldn't have wasted my money as I got a proper Thai one at the airport in less than five minutes. It was obviously a Chinese sim card somehow but it didn't work.

It worked in the UK in 2023 though. Show details

Sims Direct   DM

Hi Laura! Ugh - we can't imagine being stuck in Thailand, mucking around with troubleshooting! We're so sorry; thanks for letting us know this happened. If you like, you can shoot us an email at hello@simsdirect.com.au and we can make this right!

Miwa S.
Miwa S.

Like a scam

For Japan Trip with iPhone 14.
Couldn’t connect at all. Waste money wast time…
Mobal is better service and easier. Bad service ever…! Show details
Sims Direct   DM

Hey Miwa! Oh dear; the last thing we ever want to do is waste your money or your time. You're right to be frustrated. We're absolutely happy to sort this for you - can you shoot us an email to hello@simsdirect.com.au?

Nigel
NigelNSWSydney, NSW

3 USA SIMs - Worked Perfectly

I bought 3 SIMs for the USA - 15GB for 28 days. They all worked perfectly. Easy to set up when we landed in Honolulu for a stopover and no problems at all in Portland, San Francisco and in-between. Two of them activated simply by sending the text. One of them needed to go through a couple more manual steps but it was all done in a matter of minutes. Instructions were easy to follow. 15GB was way more than we needed over 17 days but was good to have peace of mind that we weren't going to run out. Also very easy to check how much data we had left. SIMs arrived very promptly. Really happy with this purchase. Show details ·  1
thefarmer63
thefarmer63QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Worked flawlessly

Bought 2 of the SIMS that covered Turkey, Egypt and Jordan for our month long tour. No issues what so ever, worked as expected and activated on the restarted of the phone. Highly recommend. Show details ·  1
Kiki P.
Kiki P.

Great responsive service!

I had concerns as I could not install my eSim initially. turns out that was user error: only install when you are at your destination else it will not work. Support was super supportive and quick to respond. eSIM worked perfectly! Show details ·  1
Trevor Milgate
Trevor MilgateNSWHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Worked well in Europe

First time we have used SimsDirect and it worked really well. When I contacted them they answered all my questions in a easy to understand way Show details ·  1
Gina Portelli
Gina PortelliQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD33 posts
Pandl
PandlBundaberg10 posts

No Fuss Sim Card

Purchased a data sim card from Sims Direct to use in South Korea and Japan. Sim arrived in record time, had no trouble with installation and setup. The sim provided me with more than enough data for the duration of my holiday. Can certainly recommend Sims Direct and will have no hesitation buying more overseas sim cards in future. Show details ·  1
Phil
PhilVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts

Two NZ esim doesn't work

Installed two NZ esims on phones on arriving in NZ from Australia. They did not work. No data, no calls working. Went on to SimsDirect chat to ask for help. No response. Emailed Simsdirect and got info on how to install esims, but that was already done. In essence a disaster. Show details
Sims Direct   DM

Phil, you're absolutely right that this is just not good enough. We'd love to sort you out here. Get in touch with us at hello@simsdirect.com.au and we'll get your refund underway. The last thing we want is for you to feel left empty handed!

TassieDevil.In.Hartwell
TassieDevil.In.HartwellVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

simple, fast coverage throughout France, Italy, Germany

purchased the eSim to cover two months off travel throughout regional France and Italy including Munich. simple setup and reliable service throughout. never failed and the one time I had a query super quick response from the team. Show details ·  1
Wayne J
Wayne JHobart20 posts

Excellent service

We had 2 x EU sim cards but one failed. Contacted Sims Direct and they supplied an Esim within 24 hours. “it’s not the problem, it’s how it’s solved” Sims direct did a great job, thanks. Show details ·  1

Liana
LianaQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

E-Sim card

Easy to use and work perfectly highly recommended in East Europe n Indonesia as well Show details ·  1
David Steedman
David SteedmanNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Great data SIM cards

Had mobile data as soon as we touched the ground in Japan and Indonesia. Worked well. Show details ·  1
RichardatL
RichardatL4 posts

SimsDirect claims are true

Purchase was easy. The price was good. The set-up was simple. The directions for set-up and use were clear. It worked as effectively as SimsDirect claimed. I would use one again. Show details ·  1
Nathan
NathanSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Performed exactly as hoped

I purchased the 10GB data only for one month in Japan. It installed flawlessly on arrival following the simple instructions given. Then felt like a solid bandwidth where ever I went and finished the trip just over 7GB used. I bought a second one just in case I would go over 10GB or if the first one might not work, but was not needed in this case. It was good for peace of mind though considering what others have experienced, after all, they aren't really very expensive compared to overall trip costs. Show details ·  1
Cameron williams
Cameron williamsVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn't work an absolute rip off

Bought 2 both worked for a few hours then nothing, customer service tried but timing ment responses were 24hrs in the making. Bought local sims whilst ours were out. Waste of money, they told me they couldn't help but to just buy another one that might fix it. Just an absolute rip off I wish there was a way I could take it further. Destroyed a holiday. Show details
Kate
KateNSWHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Avoid at all costs

The e-sim didn't work and customer service was non-existent. Really impacted negatively on my holiday.
Lynda T
Lynda TNSWSydney, NSW6 posts

Great value for money

Very good internet and phone service everywhere. Great value for money Show details ·  1
Pravin
Pravin2 posts

Great except problem with delivery

Ordering and using the SIM was smooth but the SIM arrived at the last minute. Later I noticed same issue reported by others in the past but it is not fixed yet. Show details ·  1
Yakka
YakkaQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great SIM, Great Service

We had no issues from inserting it, immediate activation and seamless use for the full 30 days. We will definitely use SIMs Direct again next trip! Show details ·  1
Nick V.
Nick V.NSWSydney, NSW

USA Holiday

I have a family of 5 so I purchased 5 SIM cards and all worked without a problem. I couldn’t work out how to activate at the beginning but I got a response back really quick to help. Very happy with simsdirect and will definitely be buying from them again on my next holiday. Delivered cards quickly, they worked no dramas so I can’t fault them. Thanks, Show details ·  1

Derrin C.
Derrin C.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Too easy!

Ordered and received my Travel SIM well before my trip. Once I arrived in Tokyo and inserted the SIM into my phone it was a matter of a minute and I was connected to the world again. The Internet worked really well the entire time.
As it turned out I underestimated the amount of data I would consume. A quick reorder from Tokyo to these guys and an ESIM was quickly organised. The setup of this was equally as easy as the physical SIM.
I can not recommend this company highly enough and will definitely be using it on my next adventure.
Thanks for delivering on what you promised. 10 STARS! Show details ·  1
Retirees on the move
Retirees on the moveACTCanberra 2600, ACT2 posts
Jenny
JennyWAPerth, WA3 posts

So easy to use!

I forgot to organise a sim for my UK Trip. 2 days before I left, I bought a simdirect sim. It arrived in time, put it in my phone and it worked perfectly! No issues at all! Show details ·  1
Bonzabones
BonzabonesQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Sims Direct are Truly Excellent

We have used Sims Direct on every trip overseas and we would not go overseas without a Sims Direct Sim.
It is so easy to use and setup, their support is also excellent.
I know for certain that they value their customers and their products. Show details ·  1

Extra Information