Good idea but purchasing a different brand
We had to wait 30 days for our first order to not arrive - no tracking given. The second order arrived in a few days - this one was tracked. But the design part of the pouch is peeling away from the actual bag which is very disappointing, before I have even used them. My son had been hanging out for them for over a month now so I can not be bothered with a refund/return - especially since I do not trust their postage system at all. Not the quality I was hoping for.
The unicor/rainbow design was okay though.
They are a fantastic idea, especially since our school has a no waste rule in lunch boxes. but I will be purchasing a different brand next time.
Purchased in November 2019 for $35.
Handy, but hard to clean
I have used Sinchies for about 6 months and I have a variety of sizes. They are really handy when you're on the go with baby, and they are easy for my child to use (he has done so from about 7 months to now - 12 months).
They are however, really hard to clean. We soak them straight away, but still found food stuck in the Ziploc area. The bottom of the Sinchie was also hard to clean.
On about 3 (well used) bags, the Ziploc has broken away from the plastic, so they had to be thrown out.
I must admit I am looking to buy more reusable packs, but they won't be Sinchies.
Other brands are superior.
I bought 10 of these last year, 3 broke by the zipper coming away from the plastic, 2 got mould under the plastic around the spout, it is impossible to clean under there and there should be a better seal.
The ones of a different brand that I bought 4 years ago are all still going strong.
It's ok but slow postage
Ok so originally I gave it 1 star but have changed it to 3. I purchased the product two weeks ago and hadn't received it. They Blamed it on Australia post however were not able to give me a tracking number. Not reliable customer service. It eventually came and they gave me a few extra hence my change in stars. It's ok but slow postage.
Find out how Sinchies Reusable Food Pouch compares to other Food Sealers
Know better, choose better.
Zip lock almost impossible to close
The idea is great, but the execution could be better. I get that the ziplock needs to be firm to ensure the pouches are closed and don't leak, however I spend a good 10-15 minutes every morning trying to close just one pouch so that it is leak proof, and it is painful on my fingers. I am glad I only do one pouch a day four days a week! I would't recommend them
Broken after only a couple of uses
I'm not sure whether I was unlucky to get a faulty batch but mine broke after only a couple of gentle uses/hand wash with gentle detergent. The zip lock mechanism has come away from the side of the pouch, leaving a gaping hole for all the contents to leak out.
Money saver but impossible to clean!
I bought these for my 1 year old twins who are obsessed with yoghurt but haven't quite master a spoon yet. I was spending a fortune on the yoghurt pouches in store and while it's saved me money that way it isn't really worth it for the amount of time it takes to clean them. Putting them in the dishwasher is a waste of time. It's so hard to get into the corners to get the yoghurt out even using a bottle brush. If you don't have time to scrub them every night then I do not recommend buying these.
Too hard to clean
Questions & Answers
Where do I go to order squeeze 'ems pouches?
The brand name is Sinchies - google that and you should find them. There are many products on the market such as this.
How much liquid do they hold and can they be frozen?
They have 5 different sizes, 80ml, 120ml, 200ml, 500ml and 1L. I find they can generally hold a little less than the specified, or they can overflow when you close them. And yes they can be frozen! They can also go in the dishwasher.
Get an answer from our members
- Sinchies Reusable Food Pouches are designed for wet foods - such as smoothies, sauces, salad dressings, and purees - and have a spout which lets you suck or squeeze out the pouch's contents. This means there's no need for you to carry a bowl or spoon around with you.
- They can also be used for travel and camping trips or liquid products like shampoo, detergent, and hair gel.
- The pouches are available in a variety of sizes: 80mL, 150mL, 200mL, 500mL, and 1L. Most of these sizes can be bought in packs of 5 or 10.
- This product is free from BPA and Phthalate, giving you peace of mind when feeding your child with them.
- They're made from PET (polyester), a durable yet lightweight material that helps keep it convenient to carry around.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the Sinchies Reusable Food Pouches were versatile and could be used for a variety of purposes, from storing foods to travel toiletries.
- They also found that the pouches were easy to fill and use.
- As an added bonus, reviewers loved that these pouches helped them be more environmentally friendly while saving money (by making their own purees and smoothies instead of buying pre-made kids lunchbox items).
Points to consider:
- Some reviewers found that some parts of the pouches were difficult to clean, namely around the zipper and the spout.
Other Food Sealers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.