6160, 6180
See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Singer

2.3
  • Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Worse machine I have ever owned

Does not self thread. Bobbin never works right now I can't even turn the needle knob.
Only 2 months old. I have sewed many face masks and pillow covers I have also sewed kids costums

Purchased in December 2020 at Walmart online for $174.00.

Anne and John
Anne and JohnCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Singer Brilliance 6160

Worst machine l've ever used. Needles break with any thickness of fabrics. I do alot of hems and adjustment on garments, l expected a lot more from this machine. Don't buy.

Purchased in March 2018 at Spotlight for $300.00.

Ok For an Inexpensive Machine. Light is Terrible

Purchased for $399.00.

Sewing Experience Level Advanced
Anon
AnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never used a worse machine.

Had this machine for a few years now and I should have thrown it out way back then. Nothing but trouble with it. It will sew fine sometimes for an hour and then it will jam. Othertimes I can't even use it for constant jamming. It will sew nice and straight before suddenly throwing stitches out. Even though the tension should be perfect it just won't sew any fabric well for me. Ive been sewing for 25+ years and never had such trouble.

Sewing Experience Level Intermediate
Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Singer Brilliance compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Sal55
Sal55Hunter Region, NSW

Faulty when unpacked

Opened the box. Took out machine. Went to load cotton onto horizontal bar. Bar not there. Looked everywhere for it and found it in the bottom of the box. No way to attach it. Phoned Spotlight. They picked it up and I requested a refund as I did for the Overlocker . Customer Service sent me all the forms and after Aus Post picked up both sewing machine and overlocker I received an email to say items will not be accepted. Both items now in dispute. Not happy and will take the matter further. Raise a dispute with financial institution. Fair Trading and NCAT.

Purchased in February 2019 at Spotlight Online Store for $299.00.

Sewing Experience Level Advanced
Mel
MelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible

Very clunky, stitches uneven half way through sewing, more recently the bobbin just won't work properly. absolute waste of money. So after 4 years it is now on the junk pile, its last trial over the last 6 weeks trying to do even the most basics of sewing just wasn't happening.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Judith
JudithMelbourne

just rubbish

I purchased the 6160 model ...and what utter rubbish ..I have been a machinist in a clothing company for 32 years ....so I purchased what I thought was a great make being a Singer ...Made In Vietnam should have been a warning ...it was just rubbish and the faults too numerous to mention ...

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Viv
Vivmelbourne

what a lemon

brought one from an online deal. Worst machine. When I first got it I tested out all the different stitches, within 10mins of using it the thread jammed so bad I managed to break the needle. The thread kept jamming in the bobbin area and caused the thread to snap regularly. So frustrating when I needed it for simple tasks ie. hemming. Luckily the online company was happy to refund my money.
light weight, many stitches
the machine

Linda
Lindaasked
Brilliance

My machine intermittently keeps on stitching after I have taken my foot off the pedal. Has anyone else had this problem

Hi Linda,
I have not had this problem so far so sorry I really can't help. It might be worth having a sewing machine tradie look at it.

Theresa
Theresaasked
Brilliance

I have checked the bobbin thread and needle thread and all seems good however when I try to stitch the upper thread is sowing but the bobbin thread, although up is not connecting with the needle thread. Any thoughts?

Joy Cooke
Joy Cookeasked
Brilliance 6160

Can anyone help please? Just turned my machine on and all I have on the computer display is two brackets back to back...

Jasmine1485
Jasmine1485

Is the bobbin roller clicked into place on the top? It usually shows that when I'm winding bobbins.

Get an answer from our members and Singer representatives

Compare both Singer Brilliance