6160, 6180
See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Singer

2.3
  • Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Great value for the price

wonderful to have needle threader, have used lots and the choice of stitches are great, seems to handle most fabrics, liked it so much i have just bought a heavy duty singer on sale at spotlight as they are great value for the price

Purchased in August 2018 at Spotlight for $300.00.

Ok For an Inexpensive Machine. Light is Terrible

Purchased for $399.00.

Sewing Experience Level Advanced
Redhead
RedheadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good beginner to intermediate machine

I've had my 6160 for about 3 years now. Started with it as an absolute novice and now and intermediate.
It's been great for me. I've used a couple of the decorative stitches to great effect and generally it's performed well. I have it regularly serviced as I use it a lot. Yes you do need yo use quality thread with it but this is what's available in most haberdashers anyway.
Now I'm starting to outgrow it and am looking at a better machine but I I'd recommend to any friend who asked.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Linda
Lindaasked
Brilliance

My machine intermittently keeps on stitching after I have taken my foot off the pedal. Has anyone else had this problem

Hi Linda,
I have not had this problem so far so sorry I really can't help. It might be worth having a sewing machine tradie look at it.

Theresa
Theresaasked
Brilliance

I have checked the bobbin thread and needle thread and all seems good however when I try to stitch the upper thread is sowing but the bobbin thread, although up is not connecting with the needle thread. Any thoughts?

Joy Cooke
Joy Cookeasked
Brilliance 6160

Can anyone help please? Just turned my machine on and all I have on the computer display is two brackets back to back...

Jasmine1485
Jasmine1485

Is the bobbin roller clicked into place on the top? It usually shows that when I'm winding bobbins.

Get an answer from our members and Singer representatives

Compare both Singer Brilliance