6160, 6180
See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Singer

2.3
    Steph O
    Steph OBrisbane

Great!

I've had my 6160 model for about two and a half years and have had almost no problems with it. It see frequent (and probably harsh) use as I make three complete costumes with it per year. Super easy to use and adjust. It does jam if you use cheap threads, but all other problems are easily solved by checking the user manual or DVD that comes with it. I'm taking it in for its first service next month as the zigzag stitch has started to do funny things, but I love the machine.

Dandw
    DandwVictoria

Awesome sewing machine, great value.

Easy to use. Plenty of stitches to choose from. Great value for money at less than $200 from Costco. I've been using it for about 3 months now with no jamming or thread breakages. The instructional DVD was very simple but informative although the manual was a little too brief for my liking.
    Automatic needle threader is a boon.
    If I have to make a negative remark it would be that the machine is a bit 'plasticky'

Linda
    Lindaasked
    Brilliance

My machine intermittently keeps on stitching after I have taken my foot off the pedal. Has anyone else had this problem

sapphire
    sapphire

Hi Linda,
    I have not had this problem so far so sorry I really can't help. It might be worth having a sewing machine tradie look at it.

Theresa
    Theresaasked
    Brilliance

I have checked the bobbin thread and needle thread and all seems good however when I try to stitch the upper thread is sowing but the bobbin thread, although up is not connecting with the needle thread. Any thoughts?

Joy Cooke
    Joy Cookeasked
    Brilliance 6160

Can anyone help please? Just turned my machine on and all I have on the computer display is two brackets back to back...

Jasmine1485
    Jasmine1485

Is the bobbin roller clicked into place on the top? It usually shows that when I'm winding bobbins.

Get an answer from our members and Singer representatives

Compare both Singer Brilliance