Singer Heritage 8768

Singer Heritage 8768

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Singer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

littleblackbird
littleblackbirdWestern District, VIC

Love it, Love it, LOVE it!

Purchased in September 2016 at Gumtree.

DeeMudgeeraba, Gold Coast, Qld

Gorgeous and do an awesome job

Guess everyone has different experiences and more likely different patience levels. I must admit it takes awhile to master some
Stitch options and I have to figured out myself from YouTube to one stitch options which finally be able to use my buttonhole kit with that small lever.

overall after I mastered all of the Operational plus always use the best thread which with gutterman I hardly find any issue, I’m pretty proud of my patience levels and so happy to confess this is my dream sewing machine! Not just a look but I don’t need a separate overlocker machine to do all the sewing job, it has a nice steady adjustable stitch and can do a simple border embroidery too ! Just what I need.

Not just a good looking
But It’s a Must have

Purchased in July 2020 at Hobbysew.com for $499.00.

Roula
RoulaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No pressure foot control

Machine does not have a pressure foot control.....and does not like bulk material......2 layers of fleece and can't cope with a buttonhole. I'll be pulling out my old janome to finish the job...also prob fix my 1960s machine even better so disappointing that today's machines are made so poorly.

Purchased in April 2018 at Spotlight Retail Stores for $400.00.

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Singer Heritage 8768 compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

DeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Looks can be deceiving

I bought this machine from spotlight in 2018. Within an hour it was making a great deal of noise. Screw popped off the back turning wheel and it popped right off..Took it back to spotlight...apparently fixed....NOT... This has happened twice. Took six weeks before I got machine back. Very disappointed with service. Wouldn’t replace machine even though under warranty... Definite fault. It still makes quite a bit of noise when sewing...however it is easy to thread and being able to see the bobbin through the clear window is a bonus..I would not purchase this machine again.....I bought it because of the heritage look.. don’t be fooled by the look...

Purchased in March 2018 at Spotlight for $350.00.

elisabeth
elisabethGippsland, VIC

Simply the worst

This machine kept reverting to the C6 error which is infuriating as you have to readjust it constantly. It is very precious. Lots of fiddling to get it working. It does not go happily through heavy fabrics, in fact it doesn't go happily through anything. And then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the turning reel on the right of the machine flew right off. It wouldn't reattach. I took it to the sewing machine shop, they said the screw was too small to hold the reel in place. They said the Heritage was the worst machine they'd ever serviced and appalled at the quality. Very flimsy. I am looking for a new machine. This is simply junk!

Purchased in March 2019 for $350.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Jennifer. D
Jennifer. DPerth, WA

Love my singer

I bought one and love it. Beautiful stitches. Quality thread and correct settings makes a difference.I recommend anyone to buy one of these.
You won't be sorry. Remember it's limited edition. I bought the last one in the shop

Lainie
LainiePerth, WA

Use quality thread.

Purchased in November 2019 at Spotlight Retail Stores for $350.00.

mezec83
mezec83North Western Region, NSW

Pretty, but problems

I purchased this machine about 7 years ago as an ex demo. I have had problems with it from the get go. Keeps throwing a C6 error, which is apparently a thread tension issue. I have had it serviced and they repaired a couple of bits that were damaged, I'd say from its demo days, still the C6 error. It eats thread like the cookie monster. Doesn't tension the thread and you have it all loose and messy. It wasn't cheap and now I think I'd better start looking for another machine as this one is just not able to be used.

I had such high hopes for this machine. So many things I loved about its design.

Purchased for $500.00.

Sophie
SophieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great learner machine, can go the miles.

Purchased in August 2017 at Spotlight Retail Stores.

crap machine

This machine has just fallen apart and it has had little use in the year I have owned it its a piece of junk and I would never recommend it to any one and as I bought it from spotlight there is no after sales services worth talking about

Purchased in June 2018 at Spotlight for $300.00.

Solei
SoleiGoldfields, WA

I love it!!!

I am a beginner to medium sewer. I am SO happy with this machine!! I love the look BUT also love the capacity of it. So far i have sewn thin and buttery fabrics like rayon, knit fabrics and heavier fabrics like busoku duck cotton! Not once it has let me down or have i run into a problem with it. I also made a cot bumper with it which had lots of cushiony layers and again, it did not let me down! The only thing i wish was different is that the needle automatically goes up when you stop sewing, so when you are pivoting you need to do this manually, but that’s just me being picky now! If you are into vintage looking things and good quality, this is your machine!

Purchased in August 2018 for $400.00.

Mortishia
MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks good but.....

Though this Singer Heritage looks good, it could be better. Trying to thread and get running was a confusion in itself. Prior purchasing this machine, I read numerous reviews and was happy with what I read.
Firstly, I struggled to thread the Cotton through the needle eye, even though it is supposed to be easy. Actually went to YouTube for help. Eventually, managed to thread only to have stitching issues. Should have stayed with my original sewing machine of 30 years.

Purchased in November 2018 at Spotlight Retail Stores for $499.00.

Nic
NicGold Coast

Does everything I need!

I’m a beginner sewer and, to be honest, bought this machine based on its looks (I didn’t know what else I needed to base my decision on!) It’s great though! It’s super easy to use and tells me when there’s a problem and what it is (usually the thread coming out). I’ve used it to sew baby playmats, skirts, bags, scrunchies, burp cloths etc, so albeit nothing too advanced yet.
I would recommend it when spotlight are selling for half price (which seems to be every few months)!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Don’t purchase on good looks alone

I have had nothing but problems with my Heritage, it’s clunky, breaks thread constantly, usually on commencement, and today the foot lift decided to stop working for no apparent reason.
I’m taking it back to Spotlight for repairs and hopefully a refund.
I’m an ex sewing machine mechanic and not even going to bother trying to find out what’s wrong with this absolute lemon.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Dream machine

I have nothing but praise for this outstanding sewing machine. It has a great selection of stitches to choose from, comes with multiple presser feet, storage in the removable platform is generous and so handy. It's also quiet (for a sewing machine) and extremely attractive. The best purchase I've made in years. I couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedApr 2018