Singer Heritage 8768

Singer Heritage 8768

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

mezec83

mezec83North Western Region, NSW

Pretty, but problems

I purchased this machine about 7 years ago as an ex demo. I have had problems with it from the get go. Keeps throwing a C6 error, which is apparently a thread tension issue. I have had it serviced and they repaired a couple of bits that were damaged, I'd say from its demo days, still the C6 error. It eats thread like the cookie monster. Doesn't tension the thread and you have it all loose and messy. It wasn't cheap and now I think I'd better start looking for another machine as this one is just not able to be used.

I had such high hopes for this machine. So many things I loved about its design.

Purchased for $500.00.

Sewing Experience Level Beginner

Sophie

SophieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great learner machine, can go the miles.

Purchased in August 2017 at Spotlight Retail Stores.

Sewing Experience Level Intermediate

crap machine

This machine has just fallen apart and it has had little use in the year I have owned it its a piece of junk and I would never recommend it to any one and as I bought it from spotlight there is no after sales services worth talking about

Purchased in June 2018 at Spotlight for $300.00.

Sewing Experience Level Intermediate
Solei

SoleiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love it!!!

I am a beginner to medium sewer. I am SO happy with this machine!! I love the look BUT also love the capacity of it. So far i have sewn thin and buttery fabrics like rayon, knit fabrics and heavier fabrics like busoku duck cotton! Not once it has let me down or have i run into a problem with it. I also made a cot bumper with it which had lots of cushiony layers and again, it did not let me down! The only thing i wish was different is that the needle automatically goes up when you stop sewing, so when you are pivoting you need to do this manually, but that’s just me being picky now! If you are into vintage looking things and good quality, this is your machine!

Purchased in August 2018 for $400.00.

Sewing Experience Level Beginner

Mortishia

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Looks good but.....

Though this Singer Heritage looks good, it could be better. Trying to thread and get running was a confusion in itself. Prior purchasing this machine, I read numerous reviews and was happy with what I read.
Firstly, I struggled to thread the Cotton through the needle eye, even though it is supposed to be easy. Actually went to YouTube for help. Eventually, managed to thread only to have stitching issues. Should have stayed with my original sewing machine of 30 years.

Purchased in November 2018 at Spotlight Retail Stores for $499.00.

Nic

NicGold Coast

Does everything I need!

I’m a beginner sewer and, to be honest, bought this machine based on its looks (I didn’t know what else I needed to base my decision on!) It’s great though! It’s super easy to use and tells me when there’s a problem and what it is (usually the thread coming out). I’ve used it to sew baby playmats, skirts, bags, scrunchies, burp cloths etc, so albeit nothing too advanced yet.
I would recommend it when spotlight are selling for half price (which seems to be every few months)!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Don’t purchase on good looks alone

I have had nothing but problems with my Heritage, it’s clunky, breaks thread constantly, usually on commencement, and today the foot lift decided to stop working for no apparent reason.
I’m taking it back to Spotlight for repairs and hopefully a refund.
I’m an ex sewing machine mechanic and not even going to bother trying to find out what’s wrong with this absolute lemon.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Dream machine

I have nothing but praise for this outstanding sewing machine. It has a great selection of stitches to choose from, comes with multiple presser feet, storage in the removable platform is generous and so handy. It's also quiet (for a sewing machine) and extremely attractive. The best purchase I've made in years. I couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Amin

AminLaunceston

Working nice

I have bought this just a month ago. it works great. It has different function to choose. It is easy to use and it has fully automatic function with plenty of stitches. You can choose it for family as well as fashion shop.

Best of luck with your buy .

Date PurchasedApr 2018
sharon111

sharon111South East Queensland, QLD

Looks good and works well.

Like the look of the Heritage from the outlook and found the machine can handle anything I throw at it. Ease of use and fully automatic with plenty of stitches to create with one touch. It has plenty of room for bulky work with curtains or quilts. Good overall machine that can handle family sewing whether fashion or home creations.

Date PurchasedJul 2017