2 questions from our users
Hi, got a few questions about your rangehoods: SL906EM-L 1000 and SL906-L EXCEL 1000.
1) What is SEM1, 2, 3, etc.. mean? What do those numbers mean?
2) I've got a 2 storey house and the obvious way to duct it out would be through the kitchen wall to the outside instead of the roof. But, I am wondering whether I should buy the "EM" model where the motor is external or just the internal onboard motor?
3) If I buy the EM model, where would the external motor be located considering it needs to be installed above 2m away from the rangehood. My goundfloor ceiling height is 3m and the rangehood sits at 1.6m from the ground, so there's no way the motor can be 2m away from the rangehood.
1.) The SEM 1, SEM 2, SEM 5 numbers refer to the model of external motor.
- SEM 1 is a motor that is 'external', to the rangehood, but sits inside the house, which is then ducted outside.
- SEM 2 is mounted to an exernal wall
- SEM 5 motor is mounted to the roof
2.) It is difficult to determine the best installation for your property without seeing it. The Sirius website has a diagram of a lot of possible ducting solutions - the example is for a single-story house but it still might be helpful. https://siriusbrand.com/ducting-guides/
3.) The external motor should be installed between 2 metres and 7 metres from the rangehood. Any longer and the extraction power may be reduced. For installation of the SEM 2 motor specifically, the height needs to be between 500mm and 2 metres from the ground so it accessible for service.
I am researching this range hood before I buy. I would like my motor outside on the roof. Can you please send a picture of the housing for the motor? I live by the sea and am worried about rust.
Hi Yvonne, you would possibly need a marine grade motor, however these are only available in our wall mounted external motors SEM2 and SEM7.
Otherwise you can have a look into our roof mounted external motor SEM5: http://siriusbrand.com/work/sem5-external/
If you need further assistance, I recommend calling 1300 762 219 and requesting to speak to our technical department.
Kind regards, Sirius Brand.
Other Range Hoods
See all Range Hoods ›
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.