Serious shopper

Serious shopperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sirius SL906 EM-L 850

I wanted a rangehoood which was stylish and inconspicuous, quiet and easy to clean. Purchased Sirius ducting to extend Warrantee to 6 years for peace of mind. So far no complaints and happy with my purchase. Happy customer !

Jo.lins

Jo.linsVictoria

Money worth spending

This product highly recommend. Extremely quiet, great LED light under mount and easy to clean. Pop it in the dishwasher. You pay for what you get, QUALITY, what more can I say.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,200.00.

Pat

Patsydney

Quiet and looks good.

Does what it claims and is quiet.
It is well designed and looks unobtrusive in our kitchen.
We didn't like the colour of the LED light strip, cool white, that didn't match the under bench LED strip that we installed. It was easy to remove the factory supplied LED strip and replace it with a piece the same as our other LED, and it now matches perfectly. Changing it dramatically improved the look of our kitchen at night with the lights on.
If you read this Sirius, perhaps offer different temp LED strip to match customers LED's, as an option, or accessory.
All up we are very pleased with it and would recommend Sirius.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Range Hoods

Find out how Sirius SL906 EM-L 850 compares to other Range Hoods

Yinkus

YinkusCobram

Worth buying

I saw this product in my friend house and I decided to buy it for my new home. The fact that its noiseless and extract
very well gives this products A+++++++. I will recommend it to any one who wants value for money on rangehood.
Great work and amazing job done by Sirius team

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Anthony F.Sirius

Hi Yinkus, thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Sirius SL906 EM-L 850 rangehood, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

CC81

CC81Buderim

Perfect and patient pre-sales advice and information

We had a number of queries when investigating what range hood to buy and on every occasion our questions were answered politely, professionally and extensively. Great service! We were particularly impressed that the motor can be installed externally, making it a very quiet unit unlike our previous hood. We look forward to enjoying SIRIUS for years to come.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Jay

JayPerth

Very quiet and efficient

Researched for a Range-hood that has external motor. Sirius ticked all the boxes being very quiet and efficient. On the lower setting you can hardly hear it. Very efficient in extracting food odours and smoke to the outside. The LED light works very well. Very easy to clean and looks elegant. I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Great features

The benefits of off-board motor and easy clean baffle filters suitable for induction shouldn't be underestimated especially when coming from an older sliding canopy range-hood and being noise sensitive

compares very favourably in quality with some brands where the ducting and fitting alone would cost almost the same as this complete unit

Date PurchasedOct 2016
JR1

JR1Melbourne

No more stinky kitchen

We have gone from an old style over stove exhaust unit that just recirculated the air back in your face - to our wonderful new Sirius which now extracts all the cooking smells outdoors - its great. Its simple to use and has great LED lighting to illuminate the cooking surface

Date PurchasedOct 2016
kawalla

kawallaSydney

This one's the best for quality, performance and price

Range Hoods

Find out how Sirius SL906 EM-L 850 compares to other Range Hoods

BrettSydney

Perfect Rangehood For Removing Odours

Anthony F.Sirius

Dear Brett, thank you for taking the time to write such a review, we appreciate your informative comments and positive feedback. We wish you all the best & happy cooking! Sirius.

Cold and wetAdelaide

Great Customer Service

We have just installed this model. The unit makes a funny noise on speed 2 and makes a knocking sound on a windy day. I have contact Sirius and they were right on to it. They are arranging an inspection by one of their installers. Good experience so far. Will keep you posted.

Fabulous Product!

With the motor positioned in the roof, this Sirius SL906EML850 Rangehood is soooo quiet and yet very efficient. It is very easy to operate, it is discreetly tucked away under our overhead cupboards and has beautiful LED lighting. This rangehood looks fantastic in our newly renovated kitchen. Money well spent! Highly recommended!!

Super Quiet

Attractive Rangehood that is easy to clean and operate. We can actually have a conversation while the rangehood is on. The stainless steal grills are a breeze to clean and are a big improvement over the mesh type. I included the SEM5 motor options which is a powerful roof mounted motor, making the rangehood really quiet.

Good buy

I bought the Serius SL906EML850SEM1 because of the extensive research I had done. There weren't too many on the martket that competes with the quality of the Serius in material and function. The sales person advised me that there was no returns from previous buyers which gave me further confidence with my purchase. There is nothing worse than the drips from the filter type product and the noise is too loud on high extraction. I am very happy with the purchase.

See all Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000 reviews

Siva

Sivaasked

SL906 EM-L 850

I have got Sirius SL906 EM-L 850 installed with rigid ducts supplied by Sirius and by an approved installer.
However, level 1 is absolutely quite, level 2 to 4 are nosier, don't know if this is common or something I should look into?
Also what is the airflow rate for level 1, 2, 3 & 4?

Cathy K
Cathy K

You will need to ask Sirius about the individual airflow rates. My Sirius does get a little louder with each setting but pretty quiet. Of course when it’s up high I can hear it but I can still hold a conversation or watch tv with it on. I do know that the ducts are best installed with two 90 degree bends to lower noise not sure if your installer did this.

margaret28

margaret28asked

SL906 EM-L 850

we are considering purchasing Sirius sl906,we have concerns with the control buttons under right side of inbuilt unit,these are difficult to know which one you are pressing ,its a pot luck till you get the one you need.
also with the the distance of the motor from the unit to the out let is how far is safe and doing a good job,how many motors ,and servicing of unit with motor in roof and out let top of roof???? can i get feed back please

Anthony F.Sirius

Dear Margaret28, thank you for your question, the undermount rangehood your referring to has the buttons on the right side and the light and button level one is towards the back of the unit while number 4 and the induction countdown control are at the front. If your using an offboard motor it should be ideally placed 2 metres form the unit or up to 7 metres. one motor is only possible with these units. The motor needs to be accessible for servicing, please call our team here at Sirius on 1300762219 for any further questions, thank you Sirius Brand.

Margaret
Thanks for your question. The main reason why we chose the SIrius was for the efficiency of air removal - it was the best that I found. We specifically chose the model where the buttons are hidden because we didn't want the range hood to be visible. You do get used to where the buttons are, but they do make other Sirius models where the buttons are at the front if you want to be able to see the buttons.
regards,

See all Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Compare all 3 Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000