Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000

Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000 (page 2 of 2)

SL906 EM-L 850, SL906 EM-L 1000, SL906 EM-L 520

Good buy

I bought the Serius SL906EML850SEM1 because of the extensive research I had done. There weren't too many on the martket that competes with the quality of the Serius in material and function. The sales person advised me that there was no returns from previous buyers which gave me further confidence with my purchase. There is nothing worse than the drips from the filter type product and the noise is too loud on high extraction. I am very happy with the purchase.

SB@Coogee

SB@CoogeeSydney

Love this rangehood!

Remote motor means quiet operation, strong exhaust for my induction cooktop, easy to clean, all stainless steel construction and is mounted under the cabinets so kitchen looks streamlined ...no canopy!

See all Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000 reviews

Helena K.

Helena K.asked

SL906 EM-L 1000

Hi, got a few questions about your rangehoods: SL906EM-L 1000 and SL906-L EXCEL 1000.

1) What is SEM1, 2, 3, etc.. mean? What do those numbers mean?
2) I've got a 2 storey house and the obvious way to duct it out would be through the kitchen wall to the outside instead of the roof. But, I am wondering whether I should buy the "EM" model where the motor is external or just the internal onboard motor?
3) If I buy the EM model, where would the external motor be located considering it needs to be installed above 2m away from the rangehood. My goundfloor ceiling height is 3m and the rangehood sits at 1.6m from the ground, so there's no way the motor can be 2m away from the rangehood.

Sirius
Anthony F.Sirius

Hi Helena,
1.) The SEM 1, SEM 2, SEM 5 numbers refer to the model of external motor.
- SEM 1 is a motor that is 'external', to the rangehood, but sits inside the house, which is then ducted outside.
- SEM 2 is mounted to an exernal wall
- SEM 5 motor is mounted to the roof
2.) It is difficult to determine the best installation for your property without seeing it. The Sirius website has a diagram of a lot of possible ducting solutions - the example is for a single-story house but it still might be helpful. https://siriusbrand.com/ducting-guides/
3.) The external motor should be installed between 2 metres and 7 metres from the rangehood. Any longer and the extraction power may be reduced. For installation of the SEM 2 motor specifically, the height needs to be between 500mm and 2 metres from the ground so it accessible for service.
Regards

Andy

Andyasked

SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000

Hi folks. I would like to read the SEM2 and SM7 external motor wall mounted installation guide please as the link provided doesn't appear to work.

Sirius
Anthony F.Sirius

Hi Andy.
Try the links in the SEM motor section of this page. https://siriusbrand.com/download-user-manual/
If none of them work please let me know.
Regards

Siva

Sivaasked

SL906 EM-L 850

I have got Sirius SL906 EM-L 850 installed with rigid ducts supplied by Sirius and by an approved installer.
However, level 1 is absolutely quite, level 2 to 4 are nosier, don't know if this is common or something I should look into?
Also what is the airflow rate for level 1, 2, 3 & 4?

Cathy K
Cathy K

You will need to ask Sirius about the individual airflow rates. My Sirius does get a little louder with each setting but pretty quiet. Of course when it’s up high I can hear it but I can still hold a conversation or watch tv with it on. I do know that the ducts are best installed with two 90 degree bends to lower noise not sure if your installer did this.

See all Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000