Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850 (page 2 of 2)

SL906-L 850, SL906-L 520

Very efficient but noisy

Installed unit over induction cooktop in newly renovated kitchen. Recommended by salesperson to reduce cooking odours in small townhouse, and be quiet. It is efficient whilst cooking, but is so noisy we cannot leave on to fully eliminate odours whilst we eat (despite purchasing the recommended ducting and vent kit).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

R_WGold Coast

So glad the salesperson suggested this unit!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
R_W

Update.. Now installed, looks and works great.

Marion

MarionAdelaide

Quality

The Sirius SL906-L850 has added a streamlined finish to my newly renovated kitchen. Great consideration went into my choice of rangehood. The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this rangehood.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Gemini

GeminiSydney

Quality and looks great

SIRIUS SL906-L850 - The stainless steel grill with no greasy filters to clean won me over when purchasing this undermount rangehood. You just pop the stainless steel grills in the dishwasher. I compared other brands relating to power/suction and quality material and the additional great appearance, for me this was a great choice, so much so I bought a 2nd one SIRIUS SL906-L520R for my butler's pantry to compliment the one in the kitchen.

Anthony F.Sirius

Thanks for the great review, Gemini. We appreciate your positive feedback. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

Janette B

Janette BSydney, NSW

Excellent performance

Replaced another well known brand with this one. Very quiet operation works perfectly with my 90cm stove with tempanyaki plate. Would highly recommend.
Harvey Norman at Domayne great to deal with! Staff were well informed patient & happy to demonstrate. it was an easy decision when comparing with other brands.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Induction Compatible

I Had trouble finding something that was meant to work with an induction cooktop, believe me, not all types do. I have my hopes set that this will with the reviews give. I feel that the noise level is a bit high though, but figured if it worked it was going to be worth the compromise. Guess what... it actually works and i would definitely recommend; very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

As quiet and efficient as promised.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
jentb0y

jentb0ySydney

Efficient, quiet and discreet

Great build quality.
Powerful and quiet for an internal motor.
Discreet under-mount fixing.
Super easy baffle cleaning.
LED task lighting is great.
Pay more for quality up front and fingers crossed will repay you in time.
Was looking at other similar type products but glad we were introduced to the Sirius brand. No regrets.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
ACDC

ACDCSydney, NSW

Baffle filters are great

The baffle filters look great and are easy to clean - just pop them into the dishwasher.
I have the on board motor so I didn't expect it to be whisper quiet, however the unit is a lot noisier than I thought it would be. I rarely put it on level 3 as it's too loud.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Ollie

OllieCoffs Harbour

Recommended by the Sales Person - Nothing else compares

I bought this because I wanted a quiet and efficient range hood. I really wanted to get our new kitchen right with products that I will not have to change in a few years. I did shop around and came back to this product because of the whole package, lights, efficiency, under mount, easy to clean, and most of all quiet. It fits nicely under the cupboards as I didn't want an exposed one.

Anthony F.Sirius

Dear Ollie, thank you for your positive review we appreciate the good feedback, Regards Sirius.

We debated over the cost initially however we are glad we spent a little extra as this is fantastic.
the salesperson assured us it would be worth it and we aren't disappointed, the suction is fantastic and the other features are great also, you can't see it underneath the cupboards and the filter comes out and goes straight into the dishwasher, , we will recommend this to everyone who comes to our place or asks.

Good Quality

Did extensive research on various brand and was impressed by Sirius under-mount range-hood recommended by the store salesperson to. Very happy with this powerful unit- SIRIUS SL906L520, which was significantly more efficient and was perfect fit for the function we needed, with very practical design. LED light is a plus.

Ed H

Ed HSydney

Excellent Rangehood

Walked into Winnings Appliances and asked for a good quality range hood to go with the cooktop. Sales lady showed me a sirius range hood, i was blown away with suction when she turned it on, thought the price would be high. When she showed me the quote, i couldn't believe the price. Extremely cheap compared to brand names.

Excellent product

Powerful Residential Rangewood & Beautiful Design

Beautiful slim line design, easy to take off for washing and ease of cleaning, excellent product. Also happy with the 4 years warranty with the installation of the Sirius ducting. Very satisfied customer. For our kitchen renovation we wanted an under mount range hood to keep the clean look of the design. We thought we needed to compromise performance for this, but now it is very productive

Ideal function and design

For our kitchen reno we wanted an undermount rangehood to keep the clean look of the design.
We thought we needed to compromise performance for this.
Winnings recommended the SIRIUS SL906L520, which although was significantly higher cost that had originally planned, realised it was perfect fit for the function we needed, and was a beautiful design.

Sirius Rangehood SL906-L850

Beautiful slimline design, Love the look, love the ease of cleaning, excellent product. Also happy with the 4 year warranty with the installation of the Sirius ducting. Very happy customer.

Tina M

Tina MAdelaide

Excellent Rangehood

This rangehood not only looks stylish but is also quiet and has a good suction range.
Definately worth the money, one of the rangehoods I've had.

Amazing

i just recently installed this, and i love the baffle filters and the quality is just amazing. would recommend this anytime

Fantastic rangehood

This is so easy to use and clean- purchased this on the suggestion of the sales rep and so glad I listened to her- very quiet and the light on it is very bright- I like it that it isnt a feature in the kitchen- have had a number of people comment on it when I've been entertaining. Would recommend it 100%
Easy to clean, almost silent

Excellent product

I have bought this rangehood on the recommendation of the salesperson and don’t regret a bit. Work nicely with my Scholts cooktop. It is the best rangehood I have ever had. Completely hidden, makes a nice straight line of kitchen cabinets. It is so quiet and powerful. No more smoke or lingering smells in the house.
Quiet and powerful

See all Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850 reviews

Taner K.

Taner K.asked

SL906-L 520

I have a 900 induction cook top. We are currently thinking of replacing our canopy rangehood which is useless. The overhead cupboards will be replaced to accomodate for an undermount rangehood. however, in order to make all the overhead cupboards equal in size our opening will be 760cm meaning we cannot fit the Sirius 850cm.

My question is will the 520 with outboard motor be sufficient over a 900 induction cooktop?

Regards, Tanner

Schae P.Sirius

Hi Taner,

Unfortunately no, For a 900mm induction we'd recommend the twin motor onboard 850 model, at a minimum the 850 offboard with the motor no further than 3 metres away. Rule of thumb with a rangehood, the cooking zones should not be greater in width than the hood. A 900mm induction zones are generally 800mm wide in total as they don't go all the way to the edges of the glass. If you installed the 520mm single motor you would have major issues with condensation from the cooktop. Induction cooktops create 60% more condensation than gas cooktops as there is no heat from the flames to burn off residual moisture.

Kind Regards,

richard

richardasked

SL906-L 850

How do you remove the filters for cleaning please my no is 0424731881

Hi Richard,
The filters are spring loaded, so just grab the knob on the filter and the whole thing forwards, then pull downwards to get the filter out. It can then be placed in the dishwasher to clean and then refitted when it is clean and dry.

Jason Jasked

SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

We're looking at buying the SL906 L850 and have a query re ducting. The spec diagrams indicate that ducting is from the top of the unit, however the 3D diagram of the rangehood suggests there is a rear outlet. As our rangehood will back onto an external wall, is it possible to duct straight out the back of the unit?

Hi Jason,
The SL906 L 850 is able to rotate the motor so that it is rear venting. You can then install the ducting that is most suitable for your house and rangehood.

Jason J

Thanks Anthony, are the noise levels any different between rear and top ducting?

Hi Jason,
The noise level difference between top and rear venting will be basically the same.
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Compare both Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850