Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

SL906-L 850, SL906-L 520

taniknight

taniknightGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Yet to install but was definitely best in store.

While I'm yet to install this range hood I can honestly recommend that anyone interested in a quite extractor should take a look at this unit. I know my opinion only holds so much weight as I'm yet to live with the appliance but we didn't hesitate to purchase it based on the in-store demonstration and I encourage others to check it out. I'm certain that it will perform fantastically.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
shane

shanewilliamstown

Love the ease of Cleaning

Just purchased this product after looking at and comparing other similar products we were sold on this one because of the ease of cleaning and maintaining the product.It also looked great and was very functional.The price was also very competitive and the promotional cash back offer was also very appealing

Date PurchasedJun 2018
lyndalls1

lyndalls1Hunter Region, NSW

Great rangehood and does what it designed to do very well

Being undermount it gives clean lines to our new kitchen. Unit vented outside which keeps most of cooking smells out of the house. Works very well and controls very easy to use. Noisy on highest setting which I use when cooking a stir fry but the cooking sounds are noisy too for the 10minutes this takes. Good led light. Haven’t cleaned as yet but is due this month on our experience to date I definitely recommend this make and model.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Range Hoods

Find out how Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850 compares to other Range Hoods

Very efficient but noisy

Installed unit over induction cooktop in newly renovated kitchen. Recommended by salesperson to reduce cooking odours in small townhouse, and be quiet. It is efficient whilst cooking, but is so noisy we cannot leave on to fully eliminate odours whilst we eat (despite purchasing the recommended ducting and vent kit).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Induction Compatible

I Had trouble finding something that was meant to work with an induction cooktop, believe me, not all types do. I have my hopes set that this will with the reviews give. I feel that the noise level is a bit high though, but figured if it worked it was going to be worth the compromise. Guess what... it actually works and i would definitely recommend; very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
ACDC

ACDCSydney, NSW

Baffle filters are great

The baffle filters look great and are easy to clean - just pop them into the dishwasher.
I have the on board motor so I didn't expect it to be whisper quiet, however the unit is a lot noisier than I thought it would be. I rarely put it on level 3 as it's too loud.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Good Quality

Did extensive research on various brand and was impressed by Sirius under-mount range-hood recommended by the store salesperson to. Very happy with this powerful unit- SIRIUS SL906L520, which was significantly more efficient and was perfect fit for the function we needed, with very practical design. LED light is a plus.

See all Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850 reviews

Taner K.

Taner K.asked

SL906-L 520

I have a 900 induction cook top. We are currently thinking of replacing our canopy rangehood which is useless. The overhead cupboards will be replaced to accomodate for an undermount rangehood. however, in order to make all the overhead cupboards equal in size our opening will be 760cm meaning we cannot fit the Sirius 850cm.

My question is will the 520 with outboard motor be sufficient over a 900 induction cooktop?

Regards, Tanner

Schae P.Sirius

Hi Taner,

Unfortunately no, For a 900mm induction we'd recommend the twin motor onboard 850 model, at a minimum the 850 offboard with the motor no further than 3 metres away. Rule of thumb with a rangehood, the cooking zones should not be greater in width than the hood. A 900mm induction zones are generally 800mm wide in total as they don't go all the way to the edges of the glass. If you installed the 520mm single motor you would have major issues with condensation from the cooktop. Induction cooktops create 60% more condensation than gas cooktops as there is no heat from the flames to burn off residual moisture.

Kind Regards,

richard

richardasked

SL906-L 850

How do you remove the filters for cleaning please my no is 0424731881

Hi Richard,
The filters are spring loaded, so just grab the knob on the filter and the whole thing forwards, then pull downwards to get the filter out. It can then be placed in the dishwasher to clean and then refitted when it is clean and dry.

Jason Jasked

SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

We're looking at buying the SL906 L850 and have a query re ducting. The spec diagrams indicate that ducting is from the top of the unit, however the 3D diagram of the rangehood suggests there is a rear outlet. As our rangehood will back onto an external wall, is it possible to duct straight out the back of the unit?

Hi Jason,
The SL906 L 850 is able to rotate the motor so that it is rear venting. You can then install the ducting that is most suitable for your house and rangehood.

Jason J

Thanks Anthony, are the noise levels any different between rear and top ducting?

Hi Jason,
The noise level difference between top and rear venting will be basically the same.
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Compare both Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850