Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

SL906-L 850, SL906-L 520

Maneesha Kumar

Maneesha KumarSydney, NSW

Best Raneghood

Best Rangehood. So powerful but not noisy like other rangehoods. Fried Fish the other day and no smell in the house. And so so easy to clean. Very happy with the purchase. I would recommend to anyone.

Purchased in August 2020 at Arisit.

Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Powerful, quiet and easy to clean

We purchased this undermount rangehood with SEM5 external motor as part of a kitchen renovation in mid 2017. Discreetly mounted under our new overhead kitchen cabinets above a new induction cooktop. Powerful, relatively quiet and easy to clean.

Purchased in August 2017 at e&s for A$1,599.00.

Best undermount rangehood on the market

We bought the Sirius SL906 850 rangehood on recommendation by my parents, who have been using it for a few years. We were specifically looking for an undermount rangehood and this was the most powerful one on the market in this size with 1020m3 airflow. It is simple to clean, the parts fit easily in the dishwasher. Great job Sirius!

Satisfied customer

Satisfied customerIllawarra, NSW

Sleek and Stylish

I'm very pleased with the appearance of my new rangehood. Its definitely the least intrusive of any I saw in the market. It's the one our kitchen installed recommended as the best to use with an induction cooktop. The 6 year warranty you get by using the Sirius ducting is fantastic. We used the recommended installer for your area and they gave excellent service.

Purchased in August 2019.

A powerful, sleek and easy to clean rangehood

We have done quite a few kitchen renovations and new builds in our time and this is clearly the best ducted kitchen range hood we have come across and installed to date. Our unit is ducted to the outside and therefore any nasty cooking smells are removed without a fuss, its easy to clean and very discreet under our overhead kitchen cabinets. We are really happy with our purchase.

Purchased in February 2019.

Melina

MelinaSydney, NSW

Powerful and good looking

I needed real suction for our new kitchen as I make lots of stir fries and soups- this product is super efficient and also looks sleek and tidy - fits discretely under our cabinets. The motor for this is outside so very minimal noise from the fan. It is easy to clean - am really happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Ken B

Ken BGippsland, VIC

To be installed soon Kitchen replacement

Salesman at Harvey Norman showed us performance of other range hoods. This one was one of the quietest but is designed to perform with induction hot plates. Not many range hoods are suited to induction hotplates due to induction rain. I can also wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep them clean. Have seen great reviews on this product and it will be installed soon in our new kitchen.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Powerful - Well Built - Great LED

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Penny

Pennysydney

Can't wait to use it

Have seen great reviews on this product and went out and purchased it. It is about to be installed in our new home. Love the bright LED light on it and the fact that I can wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep the clean. Compared to other range hoods out there I am exceptionally happy I chose this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Jan

JanGeelong

Awesome looking, great product!

I love the fact I can clean vents in the dishwasher, and the lovely chrome finish. I also like the single strip lighting rather than the spot lights in other range hoods on the market, it lights up the whole cooking area without dark and light areas. I would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tony

TonyCaulfield

Really great product

Bought this on a retail sales person recommendation and couldn't be happier. The free upgrade to the double motor didn't hurt either. Really gets the job done and is nice and quiet which suits our needs. The light feature and the removable baffles are an excellent design feature that we really like.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
misscatherine

misscatherineMelbourne

Great rangehood - effective, quiet and easy to clean

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Quality and class

The Sirius SL906-L520 has added class to my newly renovated kitchen. A lot of thought went into my choice of rangehood . The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. Definately worth the money. Would recommend this everyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Gerard Fennessy

Gerard FennessyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product, quiet, good quality

Good quality product, you pay for what you get - quality. Looks good, efficient, good lighting and easy to clean. Not the cheapest rangehood but definitely the best. Needs extra ducting and some standard clips to complete the package and to be eligble for the extended warrantee. Overall very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

R_WGold Coast

So glad the salesperson suggested this unit!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
R_W

Update.. Now installed, looks and works great.

Marion

MarionAdelaide

Quality

The Sirius SL906-L850 has added a streamlined finish to my newly renovated kitchen. Great consideration went into my choice of rangehood. The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this rangehood.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Gemini

GeminiSydney

Quality and looks great

SIRIUS SL906-L850 - The stainless steel grill with no greasy filters to clean won me over when purchasing this undermount rangehood. You just pop the stainless steel grills in the dishwasher. I compared other brands relating to power/suction and quality material and the additional great appearance, for me this was a great choice, so much so I bought a 2nd one SIRIUS SL906-L520R for my butler's pantry to compliment the one in the kitchen.

Anthony F.Sirius

Thanks for the great review, Gemini. We appreciate your positive feedback. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

Janette B

Janette BSydney, NSW

Excellent performance

Replaced another well known brand with this one. Very quiet operation works perfectly with my 90cm stove with tempanyaki plate. Would highly recommend.
Harvey Norman at Domayne great to deal with! Staff were well informed patient & happy to demonstrate. it was an easy decision when comparing with other brands.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

As quiet and efficient as promised.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
jentb0y

jentb0ySydney

Efficient, quiet and discreet

Great build quality.
Powerful and quiet for an internal motor.
Discreet under-mount fixing.
Super easy baffle cleaning.
LED task lighting is great.
Pay more for quality up front and fingers crossed will repay you in time.
Was looking at other similar type products but glad we were introduced to the Sirius brand. No regrets.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
See all Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850 reviews

Taner K.

Taner K.asked

SL906-L 520

I have a 900 induction cook top. We are currently thinking of replacing our canopy rangehood which is useless. The overhead cupboards will be replaced to accomodate for an undermount rangehood. however, in order to make all the overhead cupboards equal in size our opening will be 760cm meaning we cannot fit the Sirius 850cm.

My question is will the 520 with outboard motor be sufficient over a 900 induction cooktop?

Regards, Tanner

Schae P.Sirius

Hi Taner,

Unfortunately no, For a 900mm induction we'd recommend the twin motor onboard 850 model, at a minimum the 850 offboard with the motor no further than 3 metres away. Rule of thumb with a rangehood, the cooking zones should not be greater in width than the hood. A 900mm induction zones are generally 800mm wide in total as they don't go all the way to the edges of the glass. If you installed the 520mm single motor you would have major issues with condensation from the cooktop. Induction cooktops create 60% more condensation than gas cooktops as there is no heat from the flames to burn off residual moisture.

Kind Regards,

richard

richardasked

SL906-L 850

How do you remove the filters for cleaning please my no is 0424731881

Hi Richard,
The filters are spring loaded, so just grab the knob on the filter and the whole thing forwards, then pull downwards to get the filter out. It can then be placed in the dishwasher to clean and then refitted when it is clean and dry.

Jason Jasked

SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

We're looking at buying the SL906 L850 and have a query re ducting. The spec diagrams indicate that ducting is from the top of the unit, however the 3D diagram of the rangehood suggests there is a rear outlet. As our rangehood will back onto an external wall, is it possible to duct straight out the back of the unit?

Hi Jason,
The SL906 L 850 is able to rotate the motor so that it is rear venting. You can then install the ducting that is most suitable for your house and rangehood.

Jason J

Thanks Anthony, are the noise levels any different between rear and top ducting?

Hi Jason,
The noise level difference between top and rear venting will be basically the same.
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Compare both Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850