• Build Stage

Construction End DateJanuary 2016
Srinivas
SrinivasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stress Free Experience

We chose SJD for our first home and so glad we did, from start to finish we had a stress-free experience. We are happy with the overall build quality. I would like to thank whole SJD team and especially Jean, Amy, Aaron. We definitely recommend SJD Homes to my family and friends. Thanks once again for building my dream home. All the best.

Construction End DateDecember 2020
Millie B.
Millie B.Gippsland, VIC

Couldn't be happier with SJD and my new home

Construction End DateNovember 2020

Dream Home....

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Geoff
GeoffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Went like clockwork Not a problem

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020

Sjd homes did a great job managing our build during the Covid period
Though it took longer than initially anticipated to start the job , the actual building process was smooth and very well managed by the friendly approachable Site Manager James who sent us photos and kept us posted and went above and beyond to allow access for inspections at convenient times when requested .
The initial plan was also modified by the Sales Consultant Doreen to suit our requirements for having a 4 bedroom home on a smaller block
The finer finishing details before the handover was done with minute attention to detail by Site Supervisor
Overall a seamless experience

Custom build
Custom buildGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A dream home

We would like to say a very big thank you to SJD, for building for us, the most beautiful house in the world.
Special gratitude to Kevin Pearson, for designing, architecture and for being very patient and co operative with all our queries, to Rod for all the advice and help and to Andy Cipriani, for a seamless and stress free build, also to Andy, for always being available and solving all issues promptly and effectively. We are so happy and everybody who has seen our house, says it is the most beautiful house in the whole estate.

THANK YOU SJD..........
Amit and Zillah Paul

“CORINELLA DREAM”

Chris G.
Chris G.Gippsland, VIC

Built our perfect house

Everything was an absolute dream from start to finish. From day one we had great help with choosing our house right the way through to pouring the slab and then all the way through to lock up and getting our keys. I will recommend Sjd to any body that asks. So very happy with our home

Our retirement home

Spent a lot of time looking at different Display homes, but we just kept coming back to the SJD Caversham Mk4, so after talking to Sue at the display village we were hooked. The home is everything my husband and I wanted for our retirement.
It was done without a worry in the world, even though our poor project manager had an accident . I’d like to thank Sue for her friendly and professionalism in setting the plans etc up. Scott for looking after the build, and SJD Homes for building such a lovely display home for me to copy. I highly recommend SJD Homes there basic inclusions, means not much up grading which saves in coat
Again thanks

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Beautiful affordable home

Construction End DateJanuary 2021
MTB
MTBGippsland, VIC

Best house ever !

We recently purchased this SJD home and it is without doubt the best house we’ve lived in and we’ll be here forever. It’s such an easy house to live in, The Sandpiper is an excellent design and has numerous eco-friendly features such as rain-water tanks, solar panels, thermal mass internally to keep the house at a nice temperature. Lou from SJD Homes was an excellent consultant, nothing was a problem for him. The company owner, Simon, dropped by to make sure we were happy with everything. We have no hesitation in recommending SJD, very easy to deal with before and after our purchase. Very happy.

Construction End DateMay 2020
Gippsland S.G
Gippsland S.GGippsland, VIC

Home built to suit my family

SJD were great I can not speak highly enough about our site manager A1 service and fantastic to work with . We had a few miner hiccups through out our build due to miscommunication from sales but he was onto it straight away and made us feel very reassured and at ease & everything turned out perfectly very highly recommended site manager⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Workmanship was good just a few miner issues to be reviewed. Our final cost was spot on , no hidden extras. I would definitely recommend SJD but I would advise to talk to your site manager with all things discussed at sales . Thank you SJD we love our new home .

Service- Above and beyond

From the moment we walked into Philippa’s office back in 2018 to Scott’s handover of our home, the journey was a smooth sailing one.

Words can’t express how grateful we are for guiding to achieve our first home here in Australia. You guys are amazing at what you do.

SJD your reputation of excellence and amazing customer service for every step of the journey is above and beyond. Our family highly recommends you!

My First Home

At every step SJD made my experience of building my first home a smooth one (particularly considering the circumstances of the world during 2020).
Colette was happy to answer the many questions I had and was always so polite and understanding.
When the build commenced Brad my building supervisor shared the same excitement I had from the site cut to handing over the keys.
I would be happy to recommend anyone planning on building to go through SJD.

chitra d.asked

Hi, just wondering whether the SJD will change the size of the building to our choice. I like one display house it's 33 squares fits lot size 16x32. But I have 16x28 lot. So want to know whether they can change the size. Thanks

Christine P.
Christine P.

You will be surprised at what they can do, and they’re pretty good with adjusting and customising to your needs. Our house was made a little bigger than off the plan. Good luck!

chitra d.

Thanks for your reply. Will try them.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Chitra, we can definitely alter plans and will work with your block to achieve the results you are after.

Kinz L.
Kinz L.asked

Hi,
Im in WA. Do you guys only build house or also help with the purchase of land? I am a first home buyer, Wondering if I have to purchase the land separately and hire a builder to build my house or both can be done together by the builder? Also with the land, can I choose my own or does it have to be the ones offered by the builder? Also the whole interiors and material that goes into the house can be freely chosen by the client or need to stick to options offered by builder? I really don't like the modern Australian homes I come across everyday, I want my house to have more stones and woods included and less glasses and steels that makes the house cheap and unnatural and tacky. I am dreaming of a small two storey house. Thank you.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Kinz, if you are looking to build in WA, I'm sorry, we cannot help you. We only build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

martyn f.asked

Sorry should read Do SJD charge more to build in Wonthaggi

Tav & Sam
Tav & Sam

I don't know mate, but we had to, because we are close to their outer boundaries. Try Leigh Shoebridge from sales, he has a simple sheet that tells you exactly what the premiums are, if there's any at all...good luck

Sue A
Sue A

Yes SJD have metropolitan, region 1 and region 2 pricing, Corinella is Region1 (that’s where we built) I think Wonthaggi fell into Region 2.. I did play around on their website and the pricing with regions was on there in 2018 we then met with Leigh Shoebridge went over the plans, elevations, pricing etc. He is very thorough and patient. Our build went quite smoothly, not overly impressed with the plumber though (has attitude and won’t admit fault - little like Dan Andrews). Build completed inside of time frames & no price shock. Customer Service and site supervisor “great”.. all the best

Get an answer from our members and SJD Homes representatives

SJD Homes Services

• Both new home building and house and land package services are provided, offering a variety of designs, house sizes, floorplans and facades.
  • Display homes can be visited in several locations across South Melbourne, allowing you to find inspiration for a new home.
  • SJD Homes is a Greensmart builder, meaning it’s responsible for creating environmentally sustainable houses. Its Z-range display home is a particularly sustainable pick, due to its energy efficient design and low carbon footprint.

Points of praise for SJD Homes:

• Several reviewers were grateful for the incredible support they received from SJD Homes staff throughout the building process. Staff displayed a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building process, and their personal and prompt service was greatly appreciated.
  • SJD staff showed a good responsiveness to any issues that arose, resolving them in a timely manner and communicating changes to home builders effectively
  • The build quality of houses was sound, with many reviewers being more than happy with the final product.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As the ProductReview Award-winner for Best Home Builders in Melbourne and Victoria for both 2019 and 2021, SJD Homes has certainly earned its home building cred. It particularly excelled in the areas of: transparency regarding business practices, and timeliness in completing building projects.