4.9

• Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

My First Home

At every step SJD made my experience of building my first home a smooth one (particularly considering the circumstances of the world during 2020).
Colette was happy to answer the many questions I had and was always so polite and understanding.
When the build commenced Brad my building supervisor shared the same excitement I had from the site cut to handing over the keys.
I would be happy to recommend anyone planning on building to go through SJD.

R.r
R.rGippsland, VIC

They made our dream a reality

Lauren J.
Lauren J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our Perfect Home!

Marko and Slobodanka
Marko and Slobodanka Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect home!

From a very start Rachel( designer/consultant) was great help with all the colours and design .She did amazing job!
But the biggest thank you goes to supervisor Brad Little who made sure our new home is perfect .He was always keeping us informed every step of the way and ensured that this journey is enjoyable.
Thank you Brad!

Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2021

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Christine P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing team at SJD

From when we walked in the door to the contract stage, the colour appointment and all through to our final build inspection we’ve had the best experience from SJD. Extremely friendly, attention to detail and just down to earth approach to real customer service. Amazing value for what you get in your inclusions and packages. They are very flexible with changes. We’ve built 3 times now and SJD are by far the best we’ve dealt with. Thank you for the amazing team at SJD. We can’t wait to move into our beautiful new home.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020

Eddie and MicheleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our perfect home

Timothy R
Timothy RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

All around excellence - great builder and great company

Built a house in 2020 with SJD. Really impressive from start to finish. Megan in the design & contract stage was friendly, relaxed and knows her stuff. Scott kept us well informed, provided insight & options where required and was great to work with. And James was a delight in the wrap up stage.

All around SJD are a really impressive smaller builder in outer east Melbourne. Do yourself a favour and give them a go. You will find a personalised journey, with flexibility and friendliness you won't get elsewhere.

terrycraneterry
terrycraneterryGippsland, VIC

Excellent customer service

SJD homes are well designed and the inclusions are great. We were considering a few other builders but the distinctive difference is their customer service. Nathan at SJD makes the process a lot easier than it could have been. He helps you out where he can and responds to inquiries very soon. Thanks Nathan, we are looking forward to building our first home mid next year

Our new House
Our new House Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Paingamuwa
PaingamuwaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Supplied everything in the contract

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Brad and kylie
Brad and kylieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommend. Great expeience end to end.

Our new house

SJD home has provided attention into detail and customer satisfaction also communication. Through out the journey Kathryn and our site supervisor Kim has been fantastic in all areas and SJD homes should be proud to have them as a part of their team. Furthermore the volume build process has amazed us how well articulated it had become and we would recommend SJD homes to anyone..
Thank you once again to be a part of our dream
Liya and Bibin

Dan and Jessi
Dan and JessiGippsland, VIC

A Seamless Build

Site Admin

Review of post construction of our house

Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Other Home Builders

The light at the end of the tunnel

chitra d.asked

Hi, just wondering whether the SJD will change the size of the building to our choice. I like one display house it's 33 squares fits lot size 16x32. But I have 16x28 lot. So want to know whether they can change the size. Thanks

Christine P.

You will be surprised at what they can do, and they’re pretty good with adjusting and customising to your needs. Our house was made a little bigger than off the plan. Good luck!

chitra d.

Thanks for your reply. Will try them.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Chitra, we can definitely alter plans and will work with your block to achieve the results you are after.

Kinz L.
Kinz L.asked

Hi,
Im in WA. Do you guys only build house or also help with the purchase of land? I am a first home buyer, Wondering if I have to purchase the land separately and hire a builder to build my house or both can be done together by the builder? Also with the land, can I choose my own or does it have to be the ones offered by the builder? Also the whole interiors and material that goes into the house can be freely chosen by the client or need to stick to options offered by builder? I really don't like the modern Australian homes I come across everyday, I want my house to have more stones and woods included and less glasses and steels that makes the house cheap and unnatural and tacky. I am dreaming of a small two storey house. Thank you.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Kinz, if you are looking to build in WA, I'm sorry, we cannot help you. We only build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

martyn f.asked

Sorry should read Do SJD charge more to build in Wonthaggi

Tav & Sam
Tav & Sam

I don't know mate, but we had to, because we are close to their outer boundaries. Try Leigh Shoebridge from sales, he has a simple sheet that tells you exactly what the premiums are, if there's any at all...good luck

Sue A
Sue A

Yes SJD have metropolitan, region 1 and region 2 pricing, Corinella is Region1 (that’s where we built) I think Wonthaggi fell into Region 2.. I did play around on their website and the pricing with regions was on there in 2018 we then met with Leigh Shoebridge went over the plans, elevations, pricing etc. He is very thorough and patient. Our build went quite smoothly, not overly impressed with the plumber though (has attitude and won’t admit fault - little like Dan Andrews). Build completed inside of time frames & no price shock. Customer Service and site supervisor “great”.. all the best

Get an answer from our members and SJD Homes representatives

SJD Homes Services

• Both new home building and house and land package services are provided, offering a variety of designs, house sizes, floorplans and facades.
  • Display homes can be visited in several locations across South Melbourne, allowing you to find inspiration for a new home.
  • SJD Homes is a Greensmart builder, meaning it’s responsible for creating environmentally sustainable houses. Its Z-range display home is a particularly sustainable pick, due to its energy efficient design and low carbon footprint.

Points of praise for SJD Homes:

• Several reviewers were grateful for the incredible support they received from SJD Homes staff throughout the building process. Staff displayed a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building process, and their personal and prompt service was greatly appreciated.
  • SJD staff showed a good responsiveness to any issues that arose, resolving them in a timely manner and communicating changes to home builders effectively
  • The build quality of houses was sound, with many reviewers being more than happy with the final product.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As the ProductReview Award-winner for Best Home Builders in Melbourne and Victoria for both 2019 and 2021, SJD Homes has certainly earned its home building cred. It particularly excelled in the areas of: transparency regarding business practices, and timeliness in completing building projects.

Find the right Home Builder