SJD Homes
See the Best Project Home Builders in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by SJD Homes

• Flooring

Chris G.
Chris G.Gippsland, VIC

Built our perfect house

Everything was an absolute dream from start to finish. From day one we had great help with choosing our house right the way through to pouring the slab and then all the way through to lock up and getting our keys. I will recommend Sjd to any body that asks. So very happy with our home

Our retirement home

Spent a lot of time looking at different Display homes, but we just kept coming back to the SJD Caversham Mk4, so after talking to Sue at the display village we were hooked. The home is everything my husband and I wanted for our retirement.
It was done without a worry in the world, even though our poor project manager had an accident . I’d like to thank Sue for her friendly and professionalism in setting the plans etc up. Scott for looking after the build, and SJD Homes for building such a lovely display home for me to copy. I highly recommend SJD Homes there basic inclusions, means not much up grading which saves in coat
Again thanks

Beautiful affordable home

MTB
MTBGippsland, VIC

Best house ever !

We recently purchased this SJD home and it is without doubt the best house we’ve lived in and we’ll be here forever. It’s such an easy house to live in, The Sandpiper is an excellent design and has numerous eco-friendly features such as rain-water tanks, solar panels, thermal mass internally to keep the house at a nice temperature. Lou from SJD Homes was an excellent consultant, nothing was a problem for him. The company owner, Simon, dropped by to make sure we were happy with everything. We have no hesitation in recommending SJD, very easy to deal with before and after our purchase. Very happy.

Gippsland S.G
Gippsland S.GGippsland, VIC

Home built to suit my family

SJD were great I can not speak highly enough about our site manager A1 service and fantastic to work with . We had a few miner hiccups through out our build due to miscommunication from sales but he was onto it straight away and made us feel very reassured and at ease & everything turned out perfectly very highly recommended site manager⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Workmanship was good just a few miner issues to be reviewed. Our final cost was spot on , no hidden extras. I would definitely recommend SJD but I would advise to talk to your site manager with all things discussed at sales . Thank you SJD we love our new home .

Michael E.
Michael E.

Service- Above and beyond

From the moment we walked into Philippa’s office back in 2018 to Scott’s handover of our home, the journey was a smooth sailing one.

Words can’t express how grateful we are for guiding to achieve our first home here in Australia. You guys are amazing at what you do.

SJD your reputation of excellence and amazing customer service for every step of the journey is above and beyond. Our family highly recommends you!

My First Home

At every step SJD made my experience of building my first home a smooth one (particularly considering the circumstances of the world during 2020).
Colette was happy to answer the many questions I had and was always so polite and understanding.
When the build commenced Brad my building supervisor shared the same excitement I had from the site cut to handing over the keys.
I would be happy to recommend anyone planning on building to go through SJD.

The Home Builder Awards For 2022

ProductReview.com.au has an extremely active community reviewing home builders all over Australia. We've harnessed their collective knowledge to deliver a comprehensive list of the top builders in NSW, VIC, QLD, WA and SA, and an overall #1 winner for the country.

the-home-builder-awards-for-2022
Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder
Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you
R.r
R.rGippsland, VIC

They made our dream a reality

Lauren J.
Lauren J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our Perfect Home!

Marko and Slobodanka
Marko and Slobodanka Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect home!

From a very start Rachel( designer/consultant) was great help with all the colours and design .She did amazing job!
But the biggest thank you goes to supervisor Brad Little who made sure our new home is perfect .He was always keeping us informed every step of the way and ensured that this journey is enjoyable.
Thank you Brad!

Christine P.
Christine P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing team at SJD

From when we walked in the door to the contract stage, the colour appointment and all through to our final build inspection we’ve had the best experience from SJD. Extremely friendly, attention to detail and just down to earth approach to real customer service. Amazing value for what you get in your inclusions and packages. They are very flexible with changes. We’ve built 3 times now and SJD are by far the best we’ve dealt with. Thank you for the amazing team at SJD. We can’t wait to move into our beautiful new home.

Eddie and Michele
Eddie and MicheleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our perfect home

Timothy R
Timothy RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

All around excellence - great builder and great company

Built a house in 2020 with SJD. Really impressive from start to finish. Megan in the design & contract stage was friendly, relaxed and knows her stuff. Scott kept us well informed, provided insight & options where required and was great to work with. And James was a delight in the wrap up stage.

All around SJD are a really impressive smaller builder in outer east Melbourne. Do yourself a favour and give them a go. You will find a personalised journey, with flexibility and friendliness you won't get elsewhere.

terrycraneterry
terrycraneterryGippsland, VIC

Excellent customer service

SJD homes are well designed and the inclusions are great. We were considering a few other builders but the distinctive difference is their customer service. Nathan at SJD makes the process a lot easier than it could have been. He helps you out where he can and responds to inquiries very soon. Thanks Nathan, we are looking forward to building our first home mid next year

Our new House
Our new House Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Paingamuwa
PaingamuwaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Supplied everything in the contract

Brad and kylie
Brad and kylieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommend. Great expeience end to end.

Our new house

SJD home has provided attention into detail and customer satisfaction also communication. Through out the journey Kathryn and our site supervisor Kim has been fantastic in all areas and SJD homes should be proud to have them as a part of their team. Furthermore the volume build process has amazed us how well articulated it had become and we would recommend SJD homes to anyone..
Thank you once again to be a part of our dream
Liya and Bibin

Dan and Jessi
Dan and JessiGippsland, VIC

A Seamless Build

Review of post construction of our house

The light at the end of the tunnel

Rating Y.
Rating Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We are so glad we chose sjd!

Maryanne
MaryanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New for Old

I had a house that was in dire straights, so decided to look at a rebuild. I walked into an SJD display and walked into a house that was exactly what I wanted. I had many consultations with Leigh Shoebridge to customise it slightly to my needs and he very patiently followed through on all my requests. I was then put in the hands of James, the supervisor, and I was very impressed with management of the build. He was a great asset and solved any issues that arose. Overall I am very happy with the quality of my new home and would highly recommend SJD Homes. Thank you to both these people for making it happen.

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great experience with SJD

Ron
RonGippsland, VIC

Retirement heaven

When we first saw the display home we thought, this is a good place to start. When we asked about customisation, above the available upgrade packs, we were assured that was no problem. The pricing of all the add-ons we made,( 450mm eaves, electric aircon, larger garage etc.) were all quite reasonable. The build time was excellent. We settled the purchase of the land on 11th March, 2020, the build started quite quickly after that and we moved in on 2nd October. Kim, our construction supervisor was helpful at all times and made the whole process quite seamless. As far as quality of build is concerned, we are delighted. We recommend SJD homes to anyone. They are certainly a cut above the others in their field.