4.9

Penny Gray
Penny GrayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our forever home

We would recommend SJD

We are very happy with the overall build quality of our new house. We found SJD team to be very professional, prompt, flexible and willing to help. The build process went smoothly after a few hiccups with council and developer’s requirements. Wesley, the site supervisor was on top of things, helpful and kept us informed with emailed photos at different stages. Pre-handover issues were promptly action despite the COVID restrictions. We were surprised to receive a Tax Depreciation Schedule for our investment property, a bonus to excellent service.
We would happily build with SJD Homes again.

Julia and Mario
Julia and MarioGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent service, high quality workmanship and a fantastic result.

Annie
AnnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing quality and finishes

SJD certainly lived up to their reputation as a top builder when they built our home. From the sales team on, they performed in such a professional manner that we were very confident in the outcome. Wes, our supervisor ensured all works were undertaken with care and accuracy. Communication with Wes was clear and transparent at all times with the final product reflecting the care being taken to construct our beautiful home in accordance with our requirements. There were no surprises with the final costs as they all came within our original budget.
We are very impressed with the workmanship, supervision, finishes and handover experience and are very happy to recommend SJD to anyone proposing to build a new home.
Bruce and Ann C
12.09.2020

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Fantastic Job

Brad Little the supervisor absolutely managed the build with seemingly little effort. Any issue was dealt with immediately and politely. I noticed the job site was always kept exceptionally clean and safe. I would definitely recommend Brad as an exceptional supervisor who seemed to love his job. Great job Brad!

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Brodie
BrodieVictoria

Fantastic from start to finish

From start to finish I was extremely happy with the hole process of building my first home with sjd. Amy was amazing helping with the design process and Wesley the site manager went above and beyond to make sure the home was perfect. I would definitely build with sjd again

Quality House within Dream Budget

SJD Homes made our dream comes true. Their house design at display was perfectly matched our needs and as they assure us , it was built exactly the same size and quality. They are trust worthy and straight forward on making decisions and our building process was smooth and perfect with each stage with email communication. Estimate price is spot on and remarkably affordable to our budget price which was
$223K for a 4 bedrooms, 2 living with double garage single story house.
Thank you and well done all wonderful SJD Team made our dream a real reality.

Highly Recommended

chris b.
chris b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My forever home by SJD Homes

Maty M.
Maty M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How building a house should be

This is how building a house should be.
The process of building a home with SJD was Made a very enjoyable experience.
From the girls in the office were very professional and when ever I needed information they were very quick in their response.
Rod had made the start a breeze with his knowledge in what he does, It was easy to have trust in his decisions on the planning of my property
And I Couldn’t of asked for a better supervisor
Hamish was so easy to communicate with and his proof of experience behind him through out the build left me plenty of trust
In him building my home which turned out an absolute treat

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Fantastic

Been in our home for nearly 12months now can’t thank Wes and sjd homes enough couldn’t be happier with the home you have built us a seem less process craftsmanship second to none Thankyou so much would recommend highly if you won’t a home not a house you have exceeded all of our expectations. Regards Paul and tania

Robyn E.
Robyn E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great team making it a great experience

Wes, Phillipa and the team were great to deal with. They offered suggestions and listened to our needs. Changes along the way were not an issue. Communication was open and honest and made our build a pleasure to share with them. We are loving our new home and would highly recommend SJD and the team to our family and friends.

Em Ruso
Em RusoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Solid local builder

Kerryn M.
Kerryn M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quality, smooth build from start to finish

Wes was an outstanding supervisor for our build. We had a positive experience the whole way through from getting plans done right up until handover. The quality is amazing and our home came up beautifully! We would definitely build through SJD again! Thankyou to all the team for a great experience.

Katelin
KatelinGippsland, VIC

Excellent!!

Right from the start our building process with SJD was amazing. Everyone we worked with was very genuine and went above and beyond to help us achieve our dream family home. Special thank you to Amy Whitney our building consultant and Brad Little our site supervisor, you guys made this such an easy process for us and we appreciate it so much. Any issues we had were quickly resolved and the final outcome of the house is to an amazing standard, I will definitely be recommending SJD to everyone! Thank you!!

chitra d.asked

Hi, just wondering whether the SJD will change the size of the building to our choice. I like one display house it's 33 squares fits lot size 16x32. But I have 16x28 lot. So want to know whether they can change the size. Thanks

Christine P.
Christine P.

You will be surprised at what they can do, and they’re pretty good with adjusting and customising to your needs. Our house was made a little bigger than off the plan. Good luck!

chitra d.

Thanks for your reply. Will try them.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Chitra, we can definitely alter plans and will work with your block to achieve the results you are after.

Kinz L.
Kinz L.asked

Hi,
Im in WA. Do you guys only build house or also help with the purchase of land? I am a first home buyer, Wondering if I have to purchase the land separately and hire a builder to build my house or both can be done together by the builder? Also with the land, can I choose my own or does it have to be the ones offered by the builder? Also the whole interiors and material that goes into the house can be freely chosen by the client or need to stick to options offered by builder? I really don't like the modern Australian homes I come across everyday, I want my house to have more stones and woods included and less glasses and steels that makes the house cheap and unnatural and tacky. I am dreaming of a small two storey house. Thank you.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Kinz, if you are looking to build in WA, I'm sorry, we cannot help you. We only build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

martyn f.asked

Sorry should read Do SJD charge more to build in Wonthaggi

Tav & Sam
Tav & Sam

I don't know mate, but we had to, because we are close to their outer boundaries. Try Leigh Shoebridge from sales, he has a simple sheet that tells you exactly what the premiums are, if there's any at all...good luck

Sue A
Sue A

Yes SJD have metropolitan, region 1 and region 2 pricing, Corinella is Region1 (that’s where we built) I think Wonthaggi fell into Region 2.. I did play around on their website and the pricing with regions was on there in 2018 we then met with Leigh Shoebridge went over the plans, elevations, pricing etc. He is very thorough and patient. Our build went quite smoothly, not overly impressed with the plumber though (has attitude and won’t admit fault - little like Dan Andrews). Build completed inside of time frames & no price shock. Customer Service and site supervisor “great”.. all the best

Get an answer from our members and SJD Homes representatives

SJD Homes Services

• Both new home building and house and land package services are provided, offering a variety of designs, house sizes, floorplans and facades.
  • Display homes can be visited in several locations across South Melbourne, allowing you to find inspiration for a new home.
  • SJD Homes is a Greensmart builder, meaning it’s responsible for creating environmentally sustainable houses. Its Z-range display home is a particularly sustainable pick, due to its energy efficient design and low carbon footprint.

Points of praise for SJD Homes:

• Several reviewers were grateful for the incredible support they received from SJD Homes staff throughout the building process. Staff displayed a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building process, and their personal and prompt service was greatly appreciated.
  • SJD staff showed a good responsiveness to any issues that arose, resolving them in a timely manner and communicating changes to home builders effectively
  • The build quality of houses was sound, with many reviewers being more than happy with the final product.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As the ProductReview Award-winner for Best Home Builders in Melbourne and Victoria for both 2019 and 2021, SJD Homes has certainly earned its home building cred. It particularly excelled in the areas of: transparency regarding business practices, and timeliness in completing building projects.

Find the right Home Builder