4.9

• Structural Integrity
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Review of post construction of our house

Build StagePost-Construction

Find out how SJD Homes compares to other Home Builders

Narelle
NarelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great building supervisor

[name removed] was fabulous and easy to deal with. He provided regular updates and made things easy. [name removed] would receive a 5 star review however I can't just rate him. Do yourself a favour and get yourself your own finance broker as that impacted my build. Despite getting told I would receive a call from SJD several times I never got one.

Get quotes

Happy with our house

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020

chitra d.asked

Hi, just wondering whether the SJD will change the size of the building to our choice. I like one display house it's 33 squares fits lot size 16x32. But I have 16x28 lot. So want to know whether they can change the size. Thanks

Christine P.
Christine P.

You will be surprised at what they can do, and they’re pretty good with adjusting and customising to your needs. Our house was made a little bigger than off the plan. Good luck!

chitra d.

Thanks for your reply. Will try them.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Chitra, we can definitely alter plans and will work with your block to achieve the results you are after.

Kinz L.
Kinz L.asked

Hi,
Im in WA. Do you guys only build house or also help with the purchase of land? I am a first home buyer, Wondering if I have to purchase the land separately and hire a builder to build my house or both can be done together by the builder? Also with the land, can I choose my own or does it have to be the ones offered by the builder? Also the whole interiors and material that goes into the house can be freely chosen by the client or need to stick to options offered by builder? I really don't like the modern Australian homes I come across everyday, I want my house to have more stones and woods included and less glasses and steels that makes the house cheap and unnatural and tacky. I am dreaming of a small two storey house. Thank you.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Kinz, if you are looking to build in WA, I'm sorry, we cannot help you. We only build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

martyn f.asked

Sorry should read Do SJD charge more to build in Wonthaggi

Tav & Sam
Tav & Sam

I don't know mate, but we had to, because we are close to their outer boundaries. Try Leigh Shoebridge from sales, he has a simple sheet that tells you exactly what the premiums are, if there's any at all...good luck

Sue A
Sue A

Yes SJD have metropolitan, region 1 and region 2 pricing, Corinella is Region1 (that’s where we built) I think Wonthaggi fell into Region 2.. I did play around on their website and the pricing with regions was on there in 2018 we then met with Leigh Shoebridge went over the plans, elevations, pricing etc. He is very thorough and patient. Our build went quite smoothly, not overly impressed with the plumber though (has attitude and won’t admit fault - little like Dan Andrews). Build completed inside of time frames & no price shock. Customer Service and site supervisor “great”.. all the best

Get an answer from our members and SJD Homes representatives

SJD Homes Services

• Both new home building and house and land package services are provided, offering a variety of designs, house sizes, floorplans and facades.
  • Display homes can be visited in several locations across South Melbourne, allowing you to find inspiration for a new home.
  • SJD Homes is a Greensmart builder, meaning it’s responsible for creating environmentally sustainable houses. Its Z-range display home is a particularly sustainable pick, due to its energy efficient design and low carbon footprint.

Points of praise for SJD Homes:

• Several reviewers were grateful for the incredible support they received from SJD Homes staff throughout the building process. Staff displayed a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building process, and their personal and prompt service was greatly appreciated.
  • SJD staff showed a good responsiveness to any issues that arose, resolving them in a timely manner and communicating changes to home builders effectively
  • The build quality of houses was sound, with many reviewers being more than happy with the final product.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As the ProductReview Award-winner for Best Home Builders in Melbourne and Victoria for both 2019 and 2021, SJD Homes has certainly earned its home building cred. It particularly excelled in the areas of: transparency regarding business practices, and timeliness in completing building projects.

Find the right Home Builder