4.9

• Structural Integrity
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Sjd homes did a great job managing our build during the Covid period
Though it took longer than initially anticipated to start the job , the actual building process was smooth and very well managed by the friendly approachable Site Manager James who sent us photos and kept us posted and went above and beyond to allow access for inspections at convenient times when requested .
The initial plan was also modified by the Sales Consultant Doreen to suit our requirements for having a 4 bedroom home on a smaller block
The finer finishing details before the handover was done with minute attention to detail by Site Supervisor
Overall a seamless experience

Gippsland S.G
Gippsland S.GGippsland, VIC

Home built to suit my family

SJD were great I can not speak highly enough about our site manager A1 service and fantastic to work with . We had a few miner hiccups through out our build due to miscommunication from sales but he was onto it straight away and made us feel very reassured and at ease & everything turned out perfectly very highly recommended site manager⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Workmanship was good just a few miner issues to be reviewed. Our final cost was spot on , no hidden extras. I would definitely recommend SJD but I would advise to talk to your site manager with all things discussed at sales . Thank you SJD we love our new home .

Paingamuwa
PaingamuwaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Supplied everything in the contract

Home Builders

Find out how SJD Homes compares to other Home Builders

Rating Y.
Rating Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We are so glad we chose sjd!

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great experience with SJD

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020

chris b.
chris b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My forever home by SJD Homes

Site Admin

Happy with the end result, excellent supervision team

SJD's site supervisor Kim was outstanding,
Quality of the build was excellent, SJD would have received a five star rating however their Plumbers let them down. It took the plumbing team 5 attempts to eventually get downpipes fitted, on top of other minor issues. Down pipes are a major component to our build as we are on tank water. If we could rate the plumbers and their workmanship alone it would be one star.
However Kim fixed the plumbing issue professionally and we are now happy with the result
I would recommend SJD to build you new home

G Vedha
G VedhaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Overall happy with the builder, Painting could have done better.

Professional staff, lovely working with SJD, Colour selection staff was also very patient. Building is of good quality but still like any house you need to supervise them.

I’m giving 5 star to Design & Sales team, Site supervisor and Tiler, 3 star to Bricking, Painting and Insulation(rating Just for wrap, I still haven’t checked the roof cavity), 4 star to Cabinetmaker, Electrician ( could have installed better LED globes, it’s useless) Plumber and all other trades.

Just finished final inspection so can’t really comment about handover and after care, however SS promised all the issues will be fixed before handover. So far satisfied with the house.

Home Builders

Find out how SJD Homes compares to other Home Builders

Never thought that it would actually happen.

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Chris
ChrisGippsland, VIC

SJD Homes Overall Very Happy

This is the second home that we have built with SJD and would highly recommend them. In our experience they have been very accommodating during the design phase to ensure our needs were met. We were impressed with Neville during our initial consultation to design the house.

Part way through the build we were allocated a new building supervisor, being Kim. We could not speak highly enough of Kim. The level of service and care he has shown us has been exceptional. Kim is 5 out of 5 stars in our opinion :)

Brendan C
Brendan CGippsland, VIC

Good build overall, finished a little rough.

Site Admin

Great builder with a very good quality home

It was a good experience.

chitra d.asked

Hi, just wondering whether the SJD will change the size of the building to our choice. I like one display house it's 33 squares fits lot size 16x32. But I have 16x28 lot. So want to know whether they can change the size. Thanks

Christine P.
Christine P.

You will be surprised at what they can do, and they’re pretty good with adjusting and customising to your needs. Our house was made a little bigger than off the plan. Good luck!

chitra d.

Thanks for your reply. Will try them.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Chitra, we can definitely alter plans and will work with your block to achieve the results you are after.

Kinz L.
Kinz L.asked

Hi,
Im in WA. Do you guys only build house or also help with the purchase of land? I am a first home buyer, Wondering if I have to purchase the land separately and hire a builder to build my house or both can be done together by the builder? Also with the land, can I choose my own or does it have to be the ones offered by the builder? Also the whole interiors and material that goes into the house can be freely chosen by the client or need to stick to options offered by builder? I really don't like the modern Australian homes I come across everyday, I want my house to have more stones and woods included and less glasses and steels that makes the house cheap and unnatural and tacky. I am dreaming of a small two storey house. Thank you.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Kinz, if you are looking to build in WA, I'm sorry, we cannot help you. We only build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

martyn f.asked

Sorry should read Do SJD charge more to build in Wonthaggi

Tav & Sam
Tav & Sam

I don't know mate, but we had to, because we are close to their outer boundaries. Try Leigh Shoebridge from sales, he has a simple sheet that tells you exactly what the premiums are, if there's any at all...good luck

Sue A
Sue A

Yes SJD have metropolitan, region 1 and region 2 pricing, Corinella is Region1 (that’s where we built) I think Wonthaggi fell into Region 2.. I did play around on their website and the pricing with regions was on there in 2018 we then met with Leigh Shoebridge went over the plans, elevations, pricing etc. He is very thorough and patient. Our build went quite smoothly, not overly impressed with the plumber though (has attitude and won’t admit fault - little like Dan Andrews). Build completed inside of time frames & no price shock. Customer Service and site supervisor “great”.. all the best

Get an answer from our members and SJD Homes representatives

SJD Homes Services

• Both new home building and house and land package services are provided, offering a variety of designs, house sizes, floorplans and facades.
  • Display homes can be visited in several locations across South Melbourne, allowing you to find inspiration for a new home.
  • SJD Homes is a Greensmart builder, meaning it’s responsible for creating environmentally sustainable houses. Its Z-range display home is a particularly sustainable pick, due to its energy efficient design and low carbon footprint.

Points of praise for SJD Homes:

• Several reviewers were grateful for the incredible support they received from SJD Homes staff throughout the building process. Staff displayed a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building process, and their personal and prompt service was greatly appreciated.
  • SJD staff showed a good responsiveness to any issues that arose, resolving them in a timely manner and communicating changes to home builders effectively
  • The build quality of houses was sound, with many reviewers being more than happy with the final product.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As the ProductReview Award-winner for Best Home Builders in Melbourne and Victoria for both 2019 and 2021, SJD Homes has certainly earned its home building cred. It particularly excelled in the areas of: transparency regarding business practices, and timeliness in completing building projects.