Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte

Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte

3.5

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (0)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
  • Skin Type
  • Fine Lines & Wrinkles Yes (0) · No (1)
Louise

LouiseQueensland

Buyer Beware!

I bought the cream with the expectation of the effect of a peel and what I ended up with was an allergic reaction that has seen my face swollen, red and with hives for the past two days. I’m bitterly disappointed, I will never buy a Skin Doctors product again.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$51.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeOily Skin
Fine Lines & Wrinkles No

Good results

I am 26 and have had ongoing acne for years and have tried many many products. I noticed after a couple of months of using this my skin started to clear I am having less breakouts and have not had any of the painful cystic pimples i usually get since I started using it.

TeriXena

TeriXenaSydney, NSW

Makes me GLOW

I’m blessed with excellent skin. I use a tretinoin cream or gel 3 nights a week and in between I use this product, which helps shed the peeling caused by the Tretinoin. People say I look around late 30’s to early 40’s. I’ll be 59 in a month.

March 6th 2018 Update: Good exfoliant.

Clarifies skin and removes debris from use of Retin a. It tingles, and skin needs to get used to it but it helps make my skin glow. Recommended by me :)

Anti-Aging Products

Find out how Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte compares to other Anti-Aging Products

Kazzy

KazzyAlbany

This is a great product

This cream is non greasy and has a lovely fresh fragrance.
After applying it my skin feels soft and hydrated, I've noticed a visible improvement also which is something I haven't experienced with many other products I've tried.
I'd highly recommend this face cream to anyone who wants to look refreshed.

positivespirit1

positivespirit1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth the price.

Every Skin Doctors product I have ever tried has been a failure. Huge marketing on their product range but it does not fulfill the promises. This product did nothing for my skin with zero changes.

Anita

AnitaIllawarra, NSW

Skin looks younger

I love this product. My skin looks clearer. No breakouts. Wrinkles appear reduced. Slight tingling only for a few minutes....nothing drastic. I will keep using it. Best product I’ve used.

Amy

AmyBrisbane

Bad reaction

I developed a really bad allergy. My face became incredibly swollen and I developed little blisters, my face was red raw and itchy
I had to be put on prednisone and antihistamine.
I don't recommend this product.

Kaz

Kaz

No pain no gain

This product actually cleaned the dead layers off my skin. Milea reduced dramatically. I used it direct on my face without preparation creams. It burns for about a minute. The results are great but I would only use it once a week. I then used the Skin Doctors Potent vitamin A capsules. I do not recommend this product at all.. It says you need one capsule but you need at least 2. My skin is dry and itchy from using this after 2 weeks. Waste of money.

My only product I use religiously

Best product for all over face care - makes my skin smooth, reduced pores and acne, and toned it up while keeping it hydrated. It is pretty strong so if you go straight one it sometines it causes you to break out and peel in the first well but if you get through that you're golden haha

June Abbott

June AbbottSydney, NSW

It does work

Definitely reduces acne scarring and improves skin texture.

I'm 57 with normal skin. I have looked after my skin religiously most of my life. I've been using vitamin C serum 20% with notable results for about a year. I've been using GHF for about three weeks. Product information indicates 8-12 weeks to see any difference. However I'm noticing acne scars are visibly reduced. Haven't noticed reduced wrinkles yet but it's still very early days yet. Based on results to date I do recommend this as a product that delivers and will purchase again.

Leisa

LeisaBrisbane

Very Effective Product

I have been using this product for over a year now, I started on the non Forte before hand for around 2 years. It is an excellent product, smooths the skin beautifully. I use it every other day with SD white as I am 47 with quite alot of pigmentation and freckles. Both great products. It is very often on special at priceline and chemist warehouse. Be sure to wear sunscreen. I use it at night and wash off in morning. Just transitioning now to Tretinion .05%. I feel it has prepped my skin well for this strong prescription only retin A cream.

brian

brianperth

It did not work for me

I used a jar of gamma hydroxy first, applying twice a day with no effect.
I then bought a jar of forte, hoping it might be stronger, however this also had no effect after applying it twice
A day. Maybe its just me. I was trying to reduce skin pigmentation spots. Brian oct 26 2016

Chickie

ChickieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

I'm in my 50s & always used quality skincare so my skin is in good condition for my age & this product enhances that & keeps my skin hydrated & smooth.

Love this, cant live without it!

I have been using this now for about 5 years and cant be without it! I am 60 but everyone thinks I am no older than 50, sometimes younger. I have pretty good skin, but sensitive, to start with but it hasn't deteriorated over the time I've been using this product. It does tingle, but this just suggests its doing its job and I have had no adverse reactions! Use a sun screen and good moisturizer over the top and you will see results. Skin is clear and glowing, no breakouts and really reduced pigmentation and wrinkles. Love it!

horrible allegery

my entire face blew up like a balloon and then an alergy broke out-could not go to work for days.

the worst cream i have ever ever used by far. i want my $$$ back skin doctors

lisa27
lisa27

I did ask for my $$ and they refused

Michelle Colledge

Michelle ColledgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

found this skin care range to be the best I've ever used

Best moisturiser ever. Skin goes off if I run out and don't use it for a couple of days

Clare

ClareMelbourne

hideous relation....Face full of bumps and extremely itchy!!

I was so excited to use this product,as I've heard great reviews However, my experience was horrendous. On application I noticed my face turned greasy and tingly. The next morning I woke to a face full of red angry lumps and bumps, which only seems to be worsening. I am on Zyertec for the itchiness, and I'm very worried that my skin will never be the same again. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Very bad reaction

I tried the gamma hydroxy forte ,the first day i put it on my face became very itchy ,the next morning i woke up with a swollen itchy face .I stopped using it at once and had to go on medication to bring down my swollen . Has anyone else has this experience ?

ladybwana