Skoda Superb

Skoda Superb (page 2 of 2)

3T, NP

• Comfort
  • Features
Ray
RaySydney, NSW

We loved our superb so much we purchased an Octavia as well

I could go into so much detail about how amazing Skoda is but I would only be repeating what others have already said. We loved our Suberb Elegance sedan TDI so much that we needed two cars so I bought myself an Octavia Elegance TSI wagon. We have already had 4 years of perfect motoring from both cars. Buy one!! You won't be disappointed!! I will replace them with Skoda again when it's time.

TransmissionAutomatic
hardijoh
hardijoh

2009 125TDI Skoda Superb sedan has been brilliant

TransmissionAutomatic
Brett G
Brett GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Superb by name and nature.

Engine Size125TDI
Transmission6 Speed DSG
Cars

Find out how Skoda Superb compares to other Cars

garry
garry

Skoda Superb Elegance BUY ONE I BOUGHT TWO !!

lynne withers
lynne withers

A perfect car, wish I had one

Whilst I do not own a Skoda my friend has an Octavia which I drive for her on long distances. I must say is it the best motor vehicle I have ever driven and at my age I have driven many. It has many features which the average car just does not have and the smoothness in driving is great. I would not hesitate in recommending this to any one and would love to own one myself. European/imported cars put it all over most others with the features and ease of driving.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

BadgeAmbition 118TSI
A Ramone
A RamoneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply Superb

I love my new 2011 Superb Elegance Wagon with 125 TDI. Interior is fantastic, and comfortable with many many extras and gadgets. On the road powerful and smooth riding, and joy to drive. Economy is very good, I am seeing close to advertised 6.4l/100km's. First trip on highway took it to 160km/hr with 3 surf boards on the roof and there was not so much as a tiny vibration thru the steering wheel.
Interior comfort, heated seats front and rear. Powerful and zippy 125 TDI with great economy. Looks amazingly nice, and handles great.
Small drink holders and sunglass compartment is also too small for some reason? They must wear little glasses and drink from tiny bottles in Europe?

TransmissionAuto
Peter68
Peter68

Watch "supersize me" and you will see why they have small drink holders in European cars. They interviewed a french lady and she commented that the smallest drink from McDonalds in USA was equal to their large.

cbates1969North-West & West coast, TAS

Very Impressive Car

TransmissionDSG
_mike_breeze_
_mike_breeze_

Good review Pete - is that the same Pistol Pete as on the Aussie Home Brewer forums?

VAG_newbie
VAG_newbieAU

Best luxury car money can buy under $50000

Engine Size125TDI
Paul A
Paul ASouth East Queensland, QLD

WOW, Great Value for $$$$$$

I purchased my Elegance 125 TDI in Melbourne 1 month ago and drive it home to the Gold Coast and WOW am I impressed. This vehicle has all the bells & whistles, it looks good, drives great and has outstanding fuel economy. My 1800km trip delivered average fuel consumption of 4.9 ltrs / 100Km. My 16 year old son is almost 2 mtrs tall and he has plenty of room in the back seat. The DSG auto tranny is excellent, gear changes are quick and gear selection is without fault. And all this kit for under $50k
Fuel economy, size, build quality & technology
No tint on top of windscreen and sun visor is too small.

TransmissionDSG
Barry G
Barry G

Sara M.
Sara M.asked
Superb

Is the car capable in snow conditions? Eg driving up to Falls Creek regularly.

Mitcho

The ability of a car to travel into snow is not so much about one passenger car Vs another. Front drive cars with modest ground clearance and city tyres will all be pretty much the same. What varies is tyre profile (i.e. 40 series / 50 series or the like) and whether you can fit chains or not. DO NOT get fooled by thinking that an AWD car (whether Skoda or any other brand) without chains can do better in snow than a car with chains or is in anyway "safe" in snow (just look in the panel beaters near ski fields). Most modern cars (including the Superb) have ABS and traction control, but if you hit ice on chain-less tyres (and remember there is often a very fine line between settled snow and ice), then these features aren't much help. These features are however pretty good if you have chains on.

Having driven rear drive with chains on back and front drive with chains on front, in snow and assuming you only had one set of chains, I'd stick with the front drive as steering and power are on the same set of wheels.

As for which cars can accommodate chains - refer to the manufacturer specs, but typically most of the ones with low profile tyres (50 series or less) will not be compatible with most cheap / rental chains.

As for whether a Skoda Superb is good on a mountain climb, then strong mid range torque is important and all engines in the range do well here, with the diesel and the V6 obviously better than the smaller turbo four.

Sukhasked
Superb NP (2015-2021)

Hi
Actually I am looking to buy superb Skoda. Usually drive over 5000km a month mostly around city so can I get suggestions that which engine patrol or diesel should I go
Your suggestion would be very valuable for me

Albervin

That is a lot of Km. Usually a diesel is better in these circumstances. If you are leasing then I would take a 3 year lease at 40-50% balloon then think whether you want or need to turn it over. If you can obtain a 5 year warranty then go for 5 years with 25% balloon (residual). If Skoda are offering fixed servicing costs then take that too.

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Yes definitely the diesel is the more efficient option. If smoothness and quietness are important then the petrol will be significantly more pleasant at idle and will offer more linear torque off idle and throughout the entire range, if you are a performance enthusiast there is no other choice other than petrol. If it were me, petrol!

brian
brian

I would recommend petrol as well as it's easier to obtain from petrol stations however, if you're planning on driving on muddy surfaces then disiel is the better option plus diesel is sludge and if you somehow get into a traffic collision - there's less chance of catching on fire

Sukhasked
Superb NP (2015-2021)

Hi
I am thinking to buy Skoda superb but have confusion about Engines diesel or petrol can anyone help me get on decision add on I drive about over 5000km/month

Albervin

At 5,000km/mth I would buy a diesel. Servicing costs will be a lot less than a petrol car.

Sukh

Your opinion is very valuable for me

Simon
Simon

Hey Sukh,

We've done +70,000 with the 125kw diesel Superb - my first diesel, goes like a dream. (once you adjust to the double-clutch auto at take-off). Overall 5.3 lt/100kms (mostly country), and plenty of power when you need it. Some mechanics say that for city driving, petrol's the way to go due to diesel injectors clogging - but if you have your car serviced properly, it shouldn't be an issue.

Skoda Superb

Compare all 7 Skoda Superb
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and Wagons
Starting Price $43,990$55,290$59,990$45,690
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption6.6 L/100km7.3 L/100km7.3 L/100km6.7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 66 L66 L66 L66 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power162kW @ 6200rpm206kW @ 6500rpm206kW @ 6500rpm162kW @ 6200rpm
Max Torque350Nm @ 1500-4400rpm350Nm @ 1700-5600rpm350Nm @ 1700-5600rpm350Nm @ 1500-4400rpm
Country of ManufactureCzech RepublicCzech RepublicCzech RepublicCzech Republic
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015