Skye Mastercard

Skye Mastercard

Pros

• 90 days Interest Free on everyday purchases

• 9, 12 or 15 month Interest Free Instalment Plans to choose from (minimum finance amounts apply)

• No International Transaction Fees

• Motion Code Technology

Cons

• $99 Annual Fee

• Establishment Fee for Interest Free Instalment Plans ranges from 3% - 5%

• Payment Handling Fee - $0.95 charged each time a payment is made via BPAY

• Rewards
    • Online Shopping (2)
  • Application Process

Ian and Kirsty

Ian and KirstyPerth, WA

Incompetent, ignorant,stupid robbing ba*****s. The list could go on. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

Appalling service from start to finish. Countless calls and complaints and still the idiots can’t do their jobs properly. Now in the hands of the financial ombudsman and lawyers. DO NOT USE THIS PATHETIC COMPANY.

Wood

WoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Skye MasterCard - DONT DO IT

We got the Skye MasterCard to go on a holiday. It was very difficult to get approved in the first place. Then after that it was ok however the kept bouncing our payments and charging us a fee but I brushed this off. Then when it came to cancelling the card because I decided $99 a year wasn’t worth it to pay this. It was the hardest to cancel and the person on the phone was very very rude. So we cancelled, and got a refund for the extra money we ended up paying on the account. I got the confirmation email and everything. I today get an email that we owe money on the interest they have charged us. Will give the guy on the phone credit he was great but the company is pretty crap.

Card Start DateApril 2019
Marais Steenkamp

Marais SteenkampWestern Australia

Robbed

Stay away from this Mob. They will over charge in any way possible. Bought a computer for my Son to use at school and looking at additional 170 AUD due to all the background charges!! What makes it even worse is that I had to go through them as this was part of the school scheme from JB Hifi to provide credit for the purchase.

Card Start DateFebruary 2019

Do not use Skye Mastercard - through flight centre

Oh my stars! What a joke!!!!!
We used Skye through Flight Centre for a family holiday ($2400 only) it has been 8 Months from holiday and they have charges us, $659 in FEES ALONE (including interest..... umm hello its interest free????)
i have been on hold for 30 blooming minutes and still no answers. according to our statement we have only paid $100 off our loan in 8 months, not sure where the $75 a month is going?!?! Ghghugh not happy

Card Start DateJune 2018
Betty H
Betty H

I was supposed to receive a call back 9am yesterday and still waiting. Your company is well aware of my concerns and it YET to even return my call.

Just got stung big time

Do not use Skye! Read all reviews

Card Start DateNovember 2019
Fiona Pender
Fiona Pender

Peter J.

Peter J.South East Queensland, QLD

Slow processing and hidden catches.

The Skye card was useful overseas but paying them is a headache. The app is slow to update its data and they take an eternity to process payments. They are however quick to charge for overdue payments (which can be held up in their slow processing when they apply the charge). It is a no-win. If you use direct payment from your bank they are slow to process it, if you use BPay they charge you. In future, I will make use of some of the (better) alternatives.

Card Start DateMay 2019

Don't ever use them

Card Start DateJune 2019
Greed85

Greed85Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

100% useless

As i get paid monthly ,I always paid more than the monthly minimum by a significant amount, yet each month they would tell I need to pay $20 and if I didn't i would be charged late fee even though I had paid more than required. The people I spoke to were mostly useless and I ended up just paying off way before the end of the interest free period to close the account. Then I ring up to close the account which seemed easy enough..... wrong... I now owe another $99 for the annual fee , which by the way will refuse to pay. Absolute scammers, avoid at all costs (even for that laptop you want)

Card Start DateNovember 2018

• Everyday Expenses

grahamm

grahamm

do not use

Do not deal with this company stay as far away as possible , I flipped from once to skye mind you never got an email to say this was going to happen the they charge me over $1600 just in interest so I ring up and get told three different amounts , I ring complaints a they tell me sorry we will wipe interest and start again . well guess what she never did it and now I am still getting harassment calls .. next stop ombudsman lucky for me I recorded all phone calls

• Everyday Expenses
janine l.Skye

The absolute worst customer experience. I just want to pay it off so that I never have to deal with this company again.

I only used it to pay for flights and would not use this card for anything else other than during the interest free period. If you cant pay it back then dont use it

David S.
David S.

ShaneBSouth East Queensland, QLD

SkyePlans are nothing but a trap and a scam. DO NOT USE!

Despite several hours (no exaggeration my last chat session was 50minutes alone) on live chat support my efforts to purchase a holiday using my Skye Mastercard and convert it to a SkyePlan is a failure. All I am left with is a large purchase with high interest.

I had 3-4 chat sessions before the purchase and now this session afterwards. At every point information was withheld. The full picture was never disclosed, and what is described as a simple process on their website is nothing but a web designed to trap customers.

I can't believe a repeat customer would be treated as badly as this. Horrible service and worse product.

Card Start DateJune 2016
ShaneB

I will send it over, but since my last email to Flexigroup has gone unanswered I won't hold my breath.

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

The most unprofessional organization

I applied for interest free with Skye last week only to spend most of the afternoon filling in an application form online that had no real professional structure.
Completed form only for them to try calling me at least 5 or 6 times at about 7pm while I was out to dinner on a Friday night, and text me to contact them the same amount of times. After I finally gave up on eating I answered only to be told they did not get to read my account information in time and I needed to resend.
Lucky for me I was so annoyed they called me at that hour, I told them to cancel my application and forget my number. Lucky Me especially after reading these reviews.

Card Start DateNovember 2019

ClementPerth, WA

The worst

Have been chasing a simple account closure statement including the last payment made stating the amount paid and showing zero balance, instead have received about 20 copies of the same template slapped onto a letter head just stating account closure in words. They have also taken it upon themselves to block my account just before the monthly generated statement would be available for me to download myself. A bunch of frauds running a so called company, do not associate with them no matter how desperate

Clement

Have emailed at the address provided, lets see if the issue gets resolved

Arev

ArevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our first direct debit hasn't even been deduted yet

We applied for this card through Flight Center.
Our direct debit is all set up correctly and was due to be taken out yesterday the22nd. It hasn't been taken out all our details are correct. I can't even call the call center to talk to some one.
I will not pay a late dishonest fee due to there mistake.
I want this rectified immediately.

David A.Perth, WA

Terrible Service

The way to set up you're direct debit is like being in the 90's. you have to print off a form (which is hard when you don't have a printer). when I finally sent mine in they were saying the name on the form was wrong but didn't explain why or how it was wrong until they called me??? They then put my other details in the system wrong (I check with the copy I sent) then text & emailed me on your late payments. when I emailed back to sort it out they didn't reply and am still waiting on a reply back from 3 months ago.

Tashie

TashieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too many mistakes

2 online application, wrong links sent; 2 hrs & 5 fone calls to them, they still got it wrong. They approved my application with faulty inaccurate info. Then withdrew it & declined it.

Bec G

Bec GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service and payment system

Card Start DateAugust 2018

Be Careful

Be very careful with this company, when you try to close the account they try and talk you in to staying. Once you insist they then put you on hold for ages then come back with a lame excuse saying they cant process the payment as they are having computer troubles. This is in the hope that if you give up and call again the next day they will have received increased interest.
Dodgy, beware !!!!!

Card Start DateDecember 2018
Pre D.

Once I refused to let the consultant suggest he call me back and became very firm he finally put me on to another person who processed my payment.
Be firm if you are trying to close an account as they make it difficult for you to do so

Dulcie

Dulcieasked

If I have left my card at home how can i find out what my CCV number is ?

Hi Dulcie,

Sorry for the delay. For security reasons, we don't have a view of your CVV number.

Feel free to contact us directly at Review@flexigroup.com.au

Regards,
Skye Team

Selma B

Selma Basked

I tried twice to make repayments through the app. Neither went through. Then I tried to set up a direct deposit, which also failed. So I contacted Skye through Live Chat, the girl said there was nothing wrong with the app (really? I'm guessing most people on this page would beg to differ!), but maybe I should try doing it via the website. So I did, and surprise, still no payment showing up on my Skye statement - although the money left my bank. Why is it so hard to PAY YOU MONEY? Surely you WANT money? If I get a late payment fee you better believe I'm going straight to the Ombudsman about it. Never met a financial institution before that makes it hard to pay them money!

David A.

Don't worry too much about it I've literally been trying to give them extra money (for MONTHS) to pay it off faster (i'd have actually finished paying this off pretty soon) and haven't even made my first payment yet. even though I've tried contacting them many time and never getting a reply.
So far I haven't received any late fees yet but its not like I can pay them if I got them anyway.
Just don't see how they can fail at functioning at a basic level?

Simon G.

Simon G.asked

Is it true that skye do not accept balance transfers to other cards. Recently tried to get another card provider to balance transfer the outstanding balance and it failed because Skye will not allow it. The T&Cs say, 'You may make repayments to us in the manner we
specify from time to time' Can you clarify what you current specify please

Fatty
Fatty

Hi Simon, never tried to do this but it wouldnt surprise me that they dont do this

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your question.

Currently, Balance Transfer option is not available. This is the reason for the error. We will get in touch with you as soon as the option becomes available.

Regards,
Skye Team

Get an answer from our members and Skye representatives